Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software Dark Souls 3

slymer

Augur
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
The Only boss I beat on my first try was Oceiros.

typical user

Arbiter
The best bosses for me are: Champion Gundyr with his relentless flurry of attacks leaving windows for only one attack killing greedy players, Nameless King because he punishes mindless rolling, Abyss Watchers because Artorias throwback, Pontiff Sulyvahn for his lunges and Dancer for atmosphere. The most pain I had with Gundyr because I was always greedy until I gut gud and Nameless King because I equipped Carthus Ring giving more i-frames.

I didn't beat any boss first try, Iudex still gives me rough time but Vordt, Abyss Watchers and Dancer are easy for me. Not counting Greatwood, Deacons and Wyvern just because they are easily doable if you stop for a second to notice their hp bars isn't moving with yours R1 spam.

sullynathan

Arcane
Started NG+ and things have been smooth sailing. I got to the high wall of lothric and tried summoning one of the red dark spirits door pvp. Right when he came to me, I got invaded by another guy.

Luckily the other guy stood out and let both of us fight. Beat the guy with a couple of hits and a backstab because he did a jumping attack and missed.

Right when me and the invader started fighting. I got him down to half health and all of a sudden a blue invader came in. I really don't know how blue invaders work this time. I guess that they come in and help others that were invaded but I think it also has to do with the way of the blue covenant since it only happened for me when I had the way of the blue ring on.

I tried something very differently this time and fought the dancer early. It didn't seem that much stronger than its NG form. I got a whopping 350k souls from killing it. First try too. :cool:
Now, does this mean I can go all the way and fight lothric or do I still have to kill the other lords of cinder first?

Dyskolos

Cipher
You get walled off at the archives - after the dragonslayer fight, though you can do Oceiros and Champion Gundyr right away. The key doesn't appear on the corpse outside the door until you've taken out the first three lords of cinder.

As to difficulty - there's little difference I found with ng+ or even +2. At least for the bosses. After the first half of ng+ where I realized they didn't change enemy position or include extra red-eyes or anything I just started sprinting past everything and farmed souls by being summoned for boss fights. But so far with +3 I've definitely noticed everything hitting a lot harder if I take a stray shot running past even if bosses are still manageable by virtue of knowing their timing at this point.

Rolk's Drifter

Scholar
sullynathan You need the other Lords to get into the Grand Archives. Sucks cos I wanted to get some slabs. And yeah NG+ is back to being a joke. NG++ is really easy too. TBH I think I'm kinda done with DS3 until DLC.

felipepepe Those knights are reasonably easy to setup parry. They're wild but pretty consistent. Another option is to wait for their long overhead and charge attack them. Works ok. Really fucking hate those things though. Not liking this disgusting, frenzied bullshit route they've taken.

If anyone is having trouble with the Pontiff... you might want to give Kirk's armour a try. It's surprisingly effective if you keep a weapon for when he summons.

Murk

Arcane
heh

EBEE92F33960384F525BA809CAB9530FF8C8D29D

I genuinely appreciate the asshole

Last edited:

sullynathan

Arcane
I swear the road of sacrifices is a hot bed for invasions. Even at level 100 in NG+, I've been invaded 3 times. I died to the third invader after he started fighting me when I was fighting the two fat knights in there.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
how many souls games have you played?

Rather than how many souls games he's played, you should probably be asking if he tried circlestrafing bosses with a shield up while hacking away with his Dark Sword.
Or rather he should have asked how many times he searched for all the meta and how thoroughly did he read the wiki before every area/boss. :lol:

sullynathan

Arcane
how many souls games have you played?

Rather than how many souls games he's played, you should probably be asking if he tried circlestrafing bosses with a shield up while hacking away with his Dark Sword.
Or rather he should have asked how many times he searched for all the meta and how thoroughly did he read the wiki before every area/boss. :lol:
Hey but he doesnt mind spoilers;)
:roll:

Murk

Arcane
Dragon Slayer Armor was p good, wasn't expecting the skelly dragons to start flinging poop at me. Got shrekt when I rolled into a wall trying to escape his 3 hit combo after he powers up while getting pooped on. The fountain thing is a nice inclusion, and can be used to give you a break to heal while avoiding him. My only issue is that many of his attacks do like 900 damage, meaning that he's a 2 shot boss. I did like that a lot of his attacks are very space-conscious, with some flying over your head if you're in his crotch while others being able to hit you if you roll toward the lingering hitbox ala Raime.

So far, most satisfying actual fight, even if I beat him with two tries. I hung around and soap-stoned for a while to see him more and in the 4-5 fights it was still p good.

slymer

Augur
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
How do I get summoned as a darkmoon, way of blue, mound maker and so on and so forth?

Mound Makers either invade or need to put down a sign. I've had some luck getting summoned as Blue Sentinel and Watchdog at low levels. Never been summoned as a Darkmoon or Aldrich Faithful. Pretty sure Way of Blue don't get summoned.

Dyskolos

Cipher
Aldrich Faithful goes as quick as Watchdogs if you do it straight after the Pontiff fight and aren't overleveled (be somewhere around 50 iirc). I cleared the covenant reward in maybe 1.5 hours since half the time I was the second faithful phantom showing up and the work was close to done or finished as I ran around looking for the people.

For Darkmoon learn to love the stairs outside Anor Londo and god help you. I think I actually got summoned twice on ng+. Now I just wear the Way of Blue covenant badge to try and help others get summoned if I'm invaded.

Murk

Arcane
Other than meta based honor fagging, it seems the 'raw' organic pvp is mostly gonna be at low levels -- at least so far that's what I've experienced, other than straight up red invasions.

I have no idea what the fuck they were thinking putting the forest/bell covenant invasion ground so much earlier than when you can actually join it. Should have at least had another high level one later, like the two belfry areas. Instead, we basically have two separate covenants that do the same thing. Same thing with sentinels/darkmoons, too.

I'm also at a loss why the hell there are so many covenants that are functionally so similar. I can appreciate the mound makers as being somewhat unique but the others seem... uhh... just variations of each other than uniquely different. but then I don't know the full details yet, so I suppose this opinion is somewhat premature.

Last edited:

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
I spent two hours trying to kill Holy Knight Hodrick in the Pit of Hollows (the hole beneath the dancing tree) with my retarded character and after I won I was rewarded with .... nothing. Not a soul, not an item, nothing. Fuck you Miyazaki.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom