Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Deep Rock Galactic (L4D with dwarves in space)

Don Peste

Arcane
In case anybody was wondering whether Don Peste is a fucking hero ... he is and he proved it tonight.
Thank you sir! That was a lot of fun. Looking forward to join more games!
:popamole:

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I'm glad it had a free weekend. Very solid indie game for the price... but will still be waiting for a Humble Monthly or something (it's inevitable). The progression bit is a double-edged sword. On one hand it adds some purpose to missions. On the other, it creates a tier-system that is infiltrating every coop games these days. It splits the community and puts the all-pro elites into very/hard mode who subsequently shit on people who are trying to make the leap from normal or whatever. I'm not a fan of coop games that put a slightly World of Warcraft/MMO guild-type requirement in finding groups to play. It's too much effort versus pick-up-and-play.

That said, the game itself is well done. I like the atmosphere, I like the idea of space-miners, I like the mini-base you have and there's some decent side-content that augments your missions (the bar, gear upgrades, etc.) Overall, though, it's a game that is very much reliant on playing with others to maximize its potential rather than being stand-alone great. Seems like it could get stale after 15-20 hours when the only real thing to chase after is cosmetics. Stuff the game could use is more enemy variety/bosses and maybe some randomized/unique gear to keep things interesting.

A solid effort. This is what indie games should be and not like 99% of the trash that comes out these days.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
You can solo missions. Difficulty scales with party members so 3 people is fine.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
One year later: still waiting for bundle. They've yet to add much of an 'end-game.' Think of it as a low-budget take on L4D.

Beowulf

Arcane
The broiest of bro co-ops received a new update with some new missions:
E5F2A41D9D53BD11C51789618FEF02DAB126B6A6

6864D1DCF2386E3077884BF05D7552ADB9501B8A

409FBF0CBA1046E43B5D1F6C6924D75A612395CB

Citizen

It's soooooo good to play with bros, drinking beer, digging gold and burning xenos. Perfect coop game. Love the emergent gameplay and an ability to come up with interesting solutions due to complete terrain destructibility

kreight

Very good example of creativity in video games. All dwarves are voiced by the same guy you know and its cool.

And is fundamentally untrue.

You blow up friends with satchel charges. You create ziplines over volcanos. You pick missions with Low Oxygen & Shield Disruption.

And stop doing Hazard 2, you nonce.

udm

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again!
Just got back into the game. Having a blast on CL3 solo and CL4 with friends, though I'm still doing the noob missions. The procgen really works to the game's advantage here.

T45 Paladin

Novice
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
I got this game mainly to play with wifey, but it's honestly worth it even in solo play. It really does shine in multiplayer though, even with a single bro.

The depth of content isn't that obvious when you look at trailers or even when you play for the first hour or two. You need to unlock a bunch of stuff before you even scratch the surface of the game. The fact there's so much content, in a game being sold for such a reasonable price, is impressive and it puts AAA games to shame. Go get it while it's still on sale. Maybe even pick up some DLC packs (cool cosmetics only) to support the developers if you really like it.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I love this game but I'm kind of too overwhelmed by it now. I checked in to the main hub to see what it looks like now and my brain overloaded. With all the stuff added over the years it's like a whole new game. 20 different terminals to deal with, 50 mission types chasing 150 different types of new currency, I just want to drill some rocks and shoot some bugs, you know?

T45 Paladin

Novice
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
I love this game but I'm kind of too overwhelmed by it now. I checked in to the main hub to see what it looks like now and my brain overloaded. With all the stuff added over the years it's like a whole new game. 20 different terminals to deal with, 50 mission types chasing 150 different types of new currency, I just want to drill some rocks and shoot some bugs, you know?

I came into it with zero knowledge. There was a lot of content, like I said, but after a couple of hours into the game it all just clicked. I don't really think about any of the currencies etc anymore. I just have it in the back of my mind in terms of anything I need for upgrades.

ROCK AND STONE, BROTHER!

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Yeah, if I came into it fresh it'd be different - it's that I learned one game and then it became something totally different, it's like if a computer programmer got knocked into a coma for 20 years, when he woke up he wouldn't be able to get a job, you know?

Glad a new generation is stepping up. Do it for Karl.

This is free now for PS Plus subscribers :popamole:

Grabbed it and seems pretty fun. Surprisingly they added a 120fps mode on PS5, which is nice and feels very smooth. Trying to get my RL buddies to play with me, but they're all crummy old men. Then again, perfect dorf in space material.

Surprisingly they added a 120fps mode on PS5
Reeeeeeeeeally. I might have to load it up if for no other reason than I'm curious how that would look on a console on my TV. Haven't played it yet since I'm also a crummy old man and thus dogshit at shooters with a controller and don't do as much gaming as I should. Was surprised how noticeable a difference 30FPS to 60FPS was for Deathloop.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom