Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Diablo: The Hell 2

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by Gorn, Dec 4, 2019 at 10:13 PM.

1. Gorn Novice

Gorn
    So I've been on a hack 'n slash binge for the past week. Found this mod, and it's good. Go check it out.

Reasons:

1) Good and challenging from the DLevel 1. There's no usual fluff of going though the normal difficulty to get to the good stuff.

2) Good gameplay variety (I picked mage elementalist). You're forced to use a ton of spells that appear imbalanced on paper (e.g. teleport) but the opposition is simply so strong esp. on higher difficulties that you have to use every tool in the box to survive. In D1TH2 many quests pose a challenge.

3) Atmosphere is still top notch.

This may lack longevity of bigger games like PoE but is definitely worth checking out for anyone who liked Diablo 1.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2019 at 11:01 PM
    • No x 1
    • Interesting x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    • retadred x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. Mustawd Arcane

Mustawd
  3. MotherMachinae Arcane

MotherMachinae
    Diablo - The Hell 1 HD still better. Removed by original creator due possible bugs but I found none so far. Must be jellyness and fear that people lost interest in TH2 garbage.

TH2 is only good for technical improvement - working windowed mode, 60FPS etc. (which DTH1HD have) but gameplay changes are...debatable.

Loot restriction where you won't get items for other classes means you won't make money by selling books anymore.
    You won't find useful item for other classes that way, loosing motivation to start a new one.
    Also - shared stash money making method is gone because muh multiplayer and soft down micropenises dev thinking that game about (vanquishing) evil put players to temptation, or whatever other reason.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2019 at 12:25 PM
    ^ Top  
  4. Dr Skeleton Cipher

Dr Skeleton
    I played it a bit, the difficulty and hardcore mode are nice, but I hate the class design and smart loot. Splitting every class into a bunch of archetypes with predetermined gear choice was a terrible idea, e.g. with a warrior you have to pick a sub-class that determines if you're going to use exclusively 1h or 2h melee weapons for the entire game, can't use both:retarded:

• WTF am I reading WTF am I reading x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. otsego Arbiter

otsego
    Belzebub HD mod reigns supreme

^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)