Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Divinity: Fallen Heroes - canceled tactical spinoff from Expeditions series devs

Vorark

Erudite
Well fuck, was looking forward to the game.

Larian's statement reads as "nothing-to-see-here, move along". Wonder if there's something bad going on, zero relevant news about BG3 and now this...

Suicidal

Arcane
That's a shame. I was looking forward to this more than BG3.

Last edited:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Brief mention of Fallen Heroes in Malaysian interview: https://sea.ign.com/baldurs-gate-ii...malaysia-and-the-complexity-of-baldurs-gate-3

Let's talk about Divinity: Fallen Heroes. I heard the development is on hold as of now. But can you tell us what are the unique key points you can say or differences compared to Divinity: Original Sin 2?

Swen: Fallen Heroes is a tactical game so it differs from normal RPG. We always figure that there would be a future for a game that combines Divinity: Dragon Commander and Divinity: Original Sin.

It's basically a mix between Dragon Commander and a tactical game where you can get your missions in between, make your choices and those choices give impact to the consequences. But it was more close to Original Sin in terms of open-world gameplay along with many possibilities.

This allows us to do things we couldn't do before. There's a price to be paid for all that freedom as the developer. It's more a concise experience and we have a lot of material to build. The game is currently on hold but it's not canceled.

So it's a spin-off game? Why not just go straight to Divinity: Original Sin 3?

Swen: (laughs) Yeah, it's a spin-off game. Well, we're making Baldur's Gate 3 so it's consuming all our efforts. It's not a simple game to make.

Blutwurstritter

Learned
That is mildly disappointing. A combat focused game with improved D:OS1/2 combat mechanics and with little to no story-telling/dialogues for Larian to mess up, sounded more promising than BG3 to be honest.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
That is mildly disappointing. A combat focused game with improved D:OS1/2 combat mechanics and with little to no story-telling/dialogues for Larian to mess up, sounded more promising than BG3 to be honest.
And logic artist. Even with all the criticism, expedition rome still has such a fun tactical combat. The studio is dissolved now. RiP

Shrimp

Arbiter
I wonder if Logic had to back out because they started working on Expeditions Rome instead or if Larian simply pulled the plug on the project. I guess we'll probably never know.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
People who slept on Vikings are the real decline enablers.
Yeah so many here just seemed completely unwilling to even try it.
Because it was in a terrible state at release, and that completely killed its momentum. It took me like 3 years to play it myself once I remembered it existed. Shame too because it was a great game.

Ryzer

Arcane
Logic Artist can only blame themselves for having made the decision to switch on the scam named NFT.
It's what killed them off.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom