Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Emulation central - recommendations in 1st post

flyingjohn

Arcane
BROS I need some help.

I've encounter a weird bug in Retroarch 1.7.5 + byuu's cores (tested various bsnes cores and higan core).

Problem? Megaten games crash the emu.

Tested japanese versions of Majin Tensei 2, SMT1 and SMT2 and none of them will load. Using older cores won't help, resetting options does shit as well.
Tried a lot of other roms (Final Fantasy, Fire Emblem, Metroid) and all of them work fine. It's like some code / format used by Atlus crashes the emu.

On good old 1.7.3. these games work fine, using older and recent cores. So it's related to Retroarch.exe, not the cores.

Can somebody try loading for example Majin Tensei 2 on Retro 1.7.5 using some of Bsnes or Higan cores?

:?
Tried running higan and some bsnes cores on retroarch 1.7.5 64 bit no install on windows 7 and having no problems whatsoever.
Games load fine.

spekkio

Arcane
And you are talking about the games I've mentioned? :?

*Edit:

Can confirm it's something on my end. Copied the entire Retroarch folder with settings, dlls, cores and shit to another computer (same OS - Win7 x64) and all megaten games work fine.

So it's either some system dlls or drivers or fuck knows what.

:rage:

Will investigate moar.

Last edited:
BROS I need some help.

I've encounter a weird bug in Retroarch 1.7.5 + byuu's cores (tested various bsnes cores and higan core).

Problem? Megaten games crash the emu.

Tested japanese versions of Majin Tensei 2, SMT1 and SMT2 and none of them will load. Using older cores won't help, resetting options does shit as well.
Tried a lot of other roms (Final Fantasy, Fire Emblem, Metroid) and all of them work fine. It's like some code / format used by Atlus crashes the emu.

On good old 1.7.3. these games work fine, using older and recent cores. So it's related to Retroarch.exe, not the cores.

Can somebody try loading for example Majin Tensei 2 on Retro 1.7.5 using some of Bsnes or Higan cores?

:?
I've just tested Majin Tensei 2 on both Higan accuracy and Bsnes accuracy cores, they work fine.

Have you tried disabling run-ahead? (Under settings->latency. make sure "Run-ahead to reduce latency" is set to OFF).

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
I always keep Windows in its little partition and have a 4gb usb stick ready with an install for situations like that. Damn the fastest I've reinstalled was something like less than 1 hour (on SSD). Much less than 1 hour. Besides the SSD the important thing is to install off usb media; installing from physical discs ? ayyy lul fuck that.

I use those "Lite" iso's of Windows 7/10 that you see everywhere and never had a problem, just look for one that's not less than 3gb, if it's less than 3gb then they removed too much crap; sweet spot for "Lite" windows iso's of 7 or 10 is around 3 to 3.5 gigs. That's when you know they only removed the bloat and nothing more.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
melon.png

transfeminine. transmasculine.

sigh...

Isn't Byuu some sort of trans furry faggot too? I really don't give a rat's ass what sort of shit they like to suck, as long as their personal politics don't interefere with their work. Higan is the best SNES emulator (and has been for a very long time), and I respect that.

When this sort of social justice trans-activism shit starts to do actual harm I get pissed off, such as that code of conduct abomination led by some pink haired tranny that's infecting Linux coding groups. That's just a bunch of no-talent, resentful individuals with authoritarian tendencies lashing out and impeding people with actual coding skills from doing anything.

Case in point:
DnTTfi7XoAAdk08.jpg

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
I just post it because it's funny, not because I hate them. Although some might say that me finding them risible stems from some inner hatred or whatever, I guess!!!

I think it's hilarious the lengths that people go to to try and deny biological facts. It's also sad at the same time that they've been conditioned during their entire lives to believe that everything is a social construct. This sort of reality-denying attitude is a real cancer.

You can see it clearly in the Reddit screenshot you posted - people doing unbelievable mental gymnastics to try and figure out why it is that the only women who can actually code worth a shit in the emulator scene are not women but men, because they simply cannot understand the simple observable truth that they are, in fact, men. (I WONDER WHY ALL THE WOMEN ARE TRANS)

This sort of cancerous layer that these people develop that hijacks their capacity to understand intuitive, easily observable truths is just incredibly sad. They'll likely go through their entire lives without being able to remedy it because most people are not able to revert this malicious conditioning through sheer force of will alone.

lightbane

Arcane
Hopefully they don't delete everything they have done before going haywire, as trans invariably do.

Epsilon

Cipher
Isn't Byuu some sort of trans furry faggot too? I really don't give a rat's ass what sort of shit they like to suck, as long as their personal politics don't interefere with their work. Higan is the best SNES emulator (and has been for a very long time), and I respect that.

When this sort of social justice trans-activism shit starts to do actual harm I get pissed off, such as that code of conduct abomination led by some pink haired tranny that's infecting Linux coding groups. That's just a bunch of no-talent, resentful individuals with authoritarian tendencies lashing out and impeding people with actual coding skills from doing anything.

Case in point:
DnTTfi7XoAAdk08.jpg
Atleast post before and after.
tPlq7TV.png

Mental illness should not be applauded. And it should not give public talks.

Oldname is "Corey Dale Ehmke"
Old Livejournal https://archive.fo/q0qKX
Occultic or larping leanings https://archive.fo/NsPmk
More https://archive.fo/ERKYk
Used to be married
ObKDnBz.png

Edit: Added more info.

Last edited:

Nifft Batuff

Prophet
The statistics seems valid also for the community of indie game developers too. If you meet a female indie game developer chances are she is a transgender.

Goi~Yaas~Dinn

Savant
melon.png

transfeminine. transmasculine.

sigh...

I just post it because it's funny, not because I hate them. Although some might say that me finding them risible stems from some inner hatred or whatever, I guess!!!

I think it's hilarious the lengths that people go to to try and deny biological facts. It's also sad at the same time that they've been conditioned during their entire lives to believe that everything is a social construct. This sort of reality-denying attitude is a real cancer.

You can see it clearly in the Reddit screenshot you posted - people doing unbelievable mental gymnastics to try and figure out why it is that the only women who can actually code worth a shit in the emulator scene are not women but men, because they simply cannot understand the simple observable truth that they are, in fact, men. (I WONDER WHY ALL THE WOMEN ARE TRANS)

This sort of cancerous layer that these people develop that hijacks their capacity to understand intuitive, easily observable truths is just incredibly sad. They'll likely go through their entire lives without being able to remedy it because most people are not able to revert this malicious conditioning through sheer force of will alone.

Hopefully they don't delete everything they have done before going haywire, as trans invariably do.
I'm pretty sure Staplebutter is going to die before getting far enough along on his emulator to save DS emulation from that shithead zeromus. He's just too unstable, to the point he's chronically homeless in the heart of the EU, of all fucking places. You have to be supremely fucked up and/or criminal to manage that in France and Germany. His blog (may have been taken down?) positively reeks of abnormal thought processes and anomalous behavior.

Case in point:
DnTTfi7XoAAdk08.jpg
staplebutter, endrift, and ryphecha are all said to be trannies. Only ryphecha managed to pull it off with any amount of grace or normality (by not ever fucking mentioning it). byuu is a gay furry.

Guess which one looks to have retired?

Quite a significant update for Beetle PSX HW (Vulkan):

https://www.libretro.com/index.php/new-vulkan-graphics-enhancements-features-in-beetle-psx-hw/

After this I think I'll switch definitively to the HW branch of the core for my main use now. The results are pretty awesome - no more jarring disconnects between 2d/3d elements when running at a higher internal resolution, just a pristine, non-dithered 240p image (for shaders that expect a 240p framebuffer such as CRT-Royale), with smoothed out polys and proper texture and vertex correction. Played some Resident Evil 2 and R-Type Delta for some screenies (scaled down from 4k but you get the general idea)

residentevil2usadisc10kc8y.png

residentevil2usadisc1uich0.png

r-typedeltantscusapsxp4fy8.png

r-typedeltantscusapsxqgfbo.png

Last edited:
Some more screenies. I haven't played Parasite Eve since release, 20 something years ago.

Revisiting it is pretty fun (special mention Darth Roxor having a bad lunch day)

parasiteevedisc1of2usitcpe.png

parasiteevedisc1of2us04exq.png

parasiteevedisc1of2usiaiot.png

parasiteevedisc1of2usasfsm.png

Last edited:

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
Just found out I can run DOSBox through RetroArch.
:fuuyeah:

ULTIMA6-181219-221557.png

If only I could run newer games (Baldur's Gate, Fallout) in RetroArch, can't stand these sharp pixels.

:negative:

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
Man, Serial Experiments Lain was my obsession back when I was a teenager. I still have Boa's album lying around somewhere...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom