Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Encased - isometric post-apocalyptic RPG under the dome

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
inspired by Baldur's Gate - inspired by Fallout
tactical real time with pause combat - tactical turn-based combat
This is the only relevant part.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://www.kickstarter.com/project...-school-isometic-turn-based-rpg/posts/2317012

Encased Kickstarter Update #27: Let's wrap it!

e612c7fad2f33fc6ce2e16ebfa9cb63d_original.png

Stretch Goal #3 unlocked

WE DID IT! And we did it together. The Encased campaign is almost over. Thanks to your faithful support, some additional stretch goal content will appear in the game, in particular the Fallen Fortress encounter, Freeplay Mode, and the ‘Ursula’ mobile base.

Looking forward, we ask ourselves What will Encased be? Some things are best described with numbers. Encased is 30,000 square kilometers of desert, shared among 6 warring factions. It is 150 locations made with love, more than 300 unique NPCs, several companions, more than 70 random encounters, dozens of strange anomalies, and tons of weapons and equipment.

But there are things which can’t be converted into numbers. We believe that in a good RPG the spirit of adventure, the living, breathing world you believe in, and the stories you watch with baited breath, become such things.

We have thanked you more than once in our social media posts, mail and updates, and have repeatedly stressed how important your support is to us. It is important not only because it allows us to make Encased bigger, better, and more interesting — it is important to us, first of all, because of the sense of unity. Damn it's nice to realize that the world, its many different characters, and the story that we want to tell, is popular with so many people around the globe.

Now that the campaign is wrapping up, it's time to talk about our plans. We return to our wonder machines where we will breathe life into the world under the Dome, populate the desert with raiders, plant scientists, wrestle the anomalies into their bunkers, arm soldiers fighting against Forefather tech, scatter rusty cars among the red-hot sands, and disguise the hidden weapon stashes...

We are well on our way on a long and interesting journey, an adventure that began for us almost a year ago.

And although the goal is still distant, we will definitely reach it. And we’ll do it together.

We would like to say a lot more, but this is beyond words.

So we will simply say — thank you.

206fcfb83bfdc9404886f491c5bb38b7_original.png

Self-Ejected

Safav Hamon

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot The Real Fanboy
Russian companies don’t want to be called 'Russian companies,' and take active steps to conceal their nationality
Some Russian companies don't want to be called "Russian companies," and they take active steps to conceal their nationality.

I've noticed a pattern after interviewing many Russian business leaders. One insisted that his Moscow-based business was Estonia-based for having a small office there. Another suggested that the location of one key employee — London — merits calling his a "London company." Another took a direct approach, simply asking that the word "Russia" not appear in anything written about him.

The obfuscation takes different forms, but it achieves the same end: Russian entrepreneurs are diluting their national identity to make their products and services more palatable to the world's consumers. This doesn't jibe with my perception of Russia as a generally proud nation. When I raised the issue in private with a Russian friend, he agreed that his country is prideful but suggested it can also be "quite shameful."

Russian entrepreneurs endeavoring to do meaningful business on the world's stage face an uphill battle. Regardless of industry, publicly identifying as Russian opens the door to negative stereotypes about election-meddling hackers or fraudulent businesses operating in the same region. It's an unenviable position: how do you represent yourself when the truth is a perceived liability?

I found two young entrepreneurs willing to speak on the record about doing business while Russian.

Viacheslav Kozikhin — creative director, founder at Dark Crystal Games
5be5b3749e8c5313de7a9fd7-750-563.jpg

Viacheslav Kozikhin

"Dark Crystal Games is a Russian company," said Viacheslav Kozikhin, the 28-year-old creative director who started the studio last year. "Our core team is in St. Petersburg, but we cover every time zone in Russia. We have employees scattered from Moscow to Chelyabinsk to Vladivostok. We even have people in the US and Europe, but everyone knows we are Russian," he said. "My accent is very thick."

Kozikhin agreed that Russian business identity can be a problem, especially if that business wants to raise money internationally. Dark Crystal has one institutional investor, a Russian, but the company just closed a successful Kickstarter campaign that generated 100,000 euro in pre-orders for its newest game, Encased.

"Kickstarter doesn't involve politics," Kozikhin said. "You just need an audience that likes your idea, then you deliver it." Encased certainly found its audience: some 3,000 individuals pledged their money to the game, which another publication describes as "Russian Fallout."

https://www.businessinsider.com/why...tive-director-founder-at-dark-crystal-games-1

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Update #28

Dec 4 2018

Encased Kickstarter Update #28: First rewards, new monsters and pre-order

Olaf pulled back the curtain, letting a sharp triangle of morning light into the office. The desert beyond the dusty glass was already ablaze with the rising sun. After studying the bleak terrain for a few moments, he returned to the table and toyed with the copper plate announcing his title: “Head of Building Management, Olaf Vikkers.” Olaf picked up his desk phone’s receiver and dialed. A sterile machine beep answered. Olaf sighed.

— Mr Weyers, I address you as the head of the New Committee Blue Wing. My employees are working just beyond East Point now, constructing the new station according to your orders. It has been relayed to me that you’re displeased with my estimated deadlines, so I wanted to set this straight: some of my people have tasks in the city, and half of them are tied up building the highway, also, by the way, at your request. My crews are working double shifts, Mr. Weyers. It is not physically possible for them to do more. There is simply too much work.

Olaf stared out the window again: white dunes in red sunlight.

— Just know, Mr. Weyers, that your station will get built. This I vouch for personally.

Hello!

Quite some time has passed since the successful wrap-up of our Kickstarter campaign. After a small break to rest and reflect, we took stock and came up with two beautiful numbers: we were supported by 2,938 backers, who in total donated over $120,000. Again, thank youeveryone! It was awesome.

Now that the campaign is over, it’s time to focus on development, and to deliver our first (but not last!) rewards.

New monsters and dangers of the Dome in development
The desert under the Dome was a bit empty, so we decided to spice thing up with some new and unusual creatures! Now the sands of the Dome will be host to giant, acid-spitting beetles; doodlebugs the size of a car, which wait hidden in funnels in the ground for their prey; huge armadillos; and possums with a squad of aggressive joeys living on their backs.
30881583b0ba5ea108a1bce2f2e464e8_original.jpg

News spread quickly at the Magellan Research Facility. By 1:00 pm, all White Wing employees had abandoned their lunches and gathered at the loading dock to await the cargo.

An expectant silence greeted the truck’s arrival. A huge, hulking form lay in the back, haphazardly covered in layers of tarpaulin.
61f41f473a65c122d89aa2647158929a_original.jpg

Lab tech Rao, Dr. Osovitsky’s assistant, touched him gently on the sleeve.

“What’s that oozing?” he asked, nodding at the thin layer of slime covering the body of the truck.

“Нemolymph, I suppose.” Osovitsky pulled a notebook and pen from his pocket, and began to take notes.

The truck eased to a stop. A Black Wing sergeant exited the vehicle and took a few long strides towards the scientists.

“Unload,” he said to a group of Oranges standing nearby. They approached the cargo reluctantly. “Just take care not to get any of this stuff on you, it’s almost like acid. Made a mess of Medeiros’ and Ginsburg’s shoes.” “Astonishing!” mumbled Osovitsky, scribbling on his notepad. “Giant acid beetles!”
3b890af78078b57387b70951bb1d36c2_original.png

New NPC’s and characters
Every story is driven by its heroes, so we pay the closest attention to our characters. Before sketching out an NPC’s physical appearance, our writers detail their backstory and personality traits.
6225106ab81972f70c923f37bcf9cb95_original.jpg

Among these faces you will find a cult leader who controls the will of hundreds, a married couple who bitterly hate each other, and a stern woman who holds the fate of half the Dome in her hands.

And our community manager, a more desperate case than all the others combined...

The Supported badge in Discord and secret channel access
As you may recall, we promised our backers special insignias on Encased’s Discord channel and forum. But the forum was looking rather desolate, almost post-apocalyptic, so we decided to kill it and focus our efforts exclusively on the server.

We now have a moderator on Discord to answer your questions, and we’re also going to post new art and notes on the development process, and discuss stuff with our backers (oh, and post memes of course).

We’ve also created a special closed channel with exclusive content access, for backers only.

It’s not hard to get to get to this secret channel. Just send a message to one of these users: Dima#4327 / Evilmanik#9553

They will request your email address. Keep in mind, it must be the same email as the one in the Kickstarter profile you used to back Encased. Once you’ve been approved, your Discord profile will gain a special status and access to our restricted channel.

Social activity rewards
Community wallpapers
29e9a5cacc4fb96b47f8cb39c2d2696e_original.jpg

Only a few under the Dome remember how it all began. Maelstrom affects the mind in strange ways, distorting memories and making events from only a few years ago recede to a terribly distant past. Only a handful of things remind you of the world that’s gone: old photographs, films and hand drawn postcards. Images of the morning fog in Crystal Sands, the Committee vaults full of relics, and the boarding terminal of the Spire Station.
91c4d6abb68371a164736d51780f6d29_original.jpg

Link to download: Version А, Version B.

As you probably know, we have a whole line-up of rewards which can be unlocked with subscriptions, likes and shares on social media. More details here.

The top tier rewards are still waiting to be unlocked: the Bloodbath perk and a canine companion who can be transformed into a melee killing machine! It’s not too late to unlock this content, you just need to:

For a certain number of users who committed a particular action, we update total social points. Once there are enough of them, the special perk and canine companion will be added to the game.

We’d also like to remind you, you can create a custom character who will appear in a directory of CRONUS employees and has a chance to end up a real, in-game NPC. Another reason to fill out the form is a unique in-game item you will receive after final release.

Pre-order on our website
Although the Kickstarter campaign is over, we’re still receiving messages from people wanting to support our game. We’ve made it possible for these latecomers —and anyone else wanting to save a few combonds— to pre-order Encased.

This is a great way to support the developers, to get the game at a reduced price, and to obtain exclusive items***.

***available to all Kickstarter backers for free.

"Explorer's Way" Boots

Limited edition version of the standard ‘Explorers’ with white soles. On every box it claims these boots are made from synthetic Dome-tech material. Tough but light, they let you walk a little bit faster.
2ef708d4ae942ed9105b35326ccd4001_original.jpg

71 Sentinel Handgun

Deadly power in an elegant nickel-plated body. Though technically a pistol, the Sentinel uses rifle ammunition. The massive recoil compensator allows for more accurate fire.
6a6b153603bbd4576100aeb679f8b8ea_original.jpg

There are four editions available for pre-order:

Digital Copy: includes a digital copy of the game with Early Access and a letter of thanks from the developers.

Digital Deluxe: includes a digital copy of the game and exclusive digital material — a map of the territory under the Dome and an artbook.

Digital Collectors: includes a digital copy of the game with Early Access, exclusive digital material, digital soundtrack, ten additional character portraits, and a story about events from before the beginning of the game.

Digital First Access: includes everything listed above, as well as access to Alpha and Beta versions of the game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom