Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

KickStarter Forged of Blood - turn-based tactical fantasy RPG

Discussion in 'General RPG Discussion' started by Infinitron, Oct 19, 2016.

1. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker

^ Top  
  2. anus_pounder Arcane

anus_pounder
    oh... :(

Well, gameplay still looks really good, that's ultimately what's important. :salute:

^ Top  
  3. CritiestBunny Critical Forge Developer

CritiestBunny
    Ho ho ho - happy holidays! Also thanks for posting our strategic progress video Infinitron!

Ok so, this is the last day at the studio for 2016 and we're going to spend the rest of the day doing some D&D and boardgames. Joe had written up a year in review blog post that kinda covers our production from beginning till now, and we're really excited to announce that we will be going into Kickstarter and PAX East in March of next year. So get your party hats on and enjoy the last week of 2016, because the first 2 months of 2017 will some crazy days for the studio. Till then, huge thanks for all the love and advice we've gotten here at codex, as always help us get the good word out and we're always here to answer any questions!

Forged of Blood, Year in Review:
    http://forgedofblood.com/2016/12/23/2016-development-year-review/

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2017
    • Brofist Brofist x 5
    ^ Top  
  4. CritiestBunny Critical Forge Developer

CritiestBunny
    We're back!!

Yeah, my bad on the long silence but rest assured Forged of Blood is progressing swimmingly!

So the big update we want to share is that we have a quick overview of our narrative design covered in our latest blog and we'll be rolling out posts detailing more on the gameplay in the coming weeks as well. We've also got a public facing wiki set up by the guys over at Gamepedia and we'll be updating that as we go along. I'll something else to share tomorrow but for now here's our latest post:

http://forgedofblood.com/2017/02/03/narrative-design/

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2017
    • Brofist Brofist x 6
    ^ Top  
  5. Abu Antar Tweet, tweet Patron

Abu Antar
    Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    When the game has enough content and it's in beta, send the codex a preview code and I'll preview it if they are okay with that. All I have to say if that happens is: I am sorry for the poor bastard who will have to proofread and edit what I write.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. CritiestBunny Critical Forge Developer

CritiestBunny
    You bet!

Oh and yea... the team in the studio is constantunallllly having to cringe and edit everything I write. Proofreaders... they're the true heroes of our world. (Hi Joe! Hi Milo!)

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. Codex doesn't do shit like this. Go apply at Kotaku instead.

• Acknowledge this user's Agenda Acknowledge this user's Agenda x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. SausageInYourFace Codexian Sausage Patron

SausageInYourFace
    Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    My face when I completely forgot about this game and thread and came back to it today to find all this juicy information and some great screens and videos:

:happytrollboy:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    • incline incline x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. Abu Antar Tweet, tweet Patron

Abu Antar
    Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    Why should I go to a site I never visit? My Expeditions: Viking preview got proofread and got some grammar corrected. It was better for it.

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. CritiestBunny Critical Forge Developer

CritiestBunny
    And as promised: here's a gif of one of our spell casting sigils.
    [​IMG]
    (Thermal, Expel, Single Effect)

• Brofist Brofist x 5
    • Prestigious Prestigious x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. HoboForEternity In every buttons you press Patron

HoboForEternity
    ooo that do looks nuice

^ Top  
  12. Mustawd Arcane

Mustawd
    Wrong. I helped with last the one.

^ Top  
  13. Haplo Arbiter Patron

Haplo
    Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    Looks neat. Hope it's also practical.

^ Top  
  14. CritiestBunny Critical Forge Developer

CritiestBunny
    Alrighty guys... here's the first of the two big ones: Our weapon design philosophy blog post!

http://forgedofblood.com/2017/02/11/weapon-design-philosophy/

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    CritiestBunny Feel free to copy-paste. You'd be surprised at the amount of energy required to click on a hyperlink.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. CritiestBunny Critical Forge Developer

CritiestBunny
    Ohhhh sweet. Thanks man - magic breakdown next week... and its going to be uhh... magical.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. CritiestBunny Critical Forge Developer

CritiestBunny
    Hey we've got a new update from the team churning out all those pretty environment in this post along with last week's blog post on magic since we didn't post on here for those who are interested in the detailed background of our magic system.

Environment Design Post: http://forgedofblood.com/2017/02/24/environment-design-set-dressing/

Magic Design Post: http://forgedofblood.com/2017/02/17/spell-creation-design/

• Brofist Brofist x 11
    • Fabulously Optimistic Fabulously Optimistic x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. HoboForEternity In every buttons you press Patron

HoboForEternity
    The game looks sexier by each update <3

^ Top  
  19. CritiestBunny Critical Forge Developer

CritiestBunny
    Ok guys... that time is coming, and it's coming fast. We just got our Kickstarter page approved, our build for PAX is... *just about* there. I just sent out a press release to the media peoples that includes a preview link of our Kickstarter page, and I'll copy and paste it below so you guys can check it out.

There is also a first look at our opening cinematic on the video! We'd love your comments and help!

A few notes:
    - Dedicated gameplay video will be coming some time early next week.
    - You can "star" the campaign to be notified when it goes live.

I will of course update you guys when it's live.

Cheers ya'll... it's been a crazy few weeks, and I suspect it's only about to get crazier.

• Brofist Brofist x 9
    • Salute Salute x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. Alienman Arcane Patron

Alienman
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
  21. Fever Educated

Fever
    Mammamia! This game is shaping up better than what I anticipated.
    Good luck with the KS, will there be a Codex campaign for this? I'm backing for the closed beta tier! :salute:

^ Top  
  22. CyberWhale Arcane

CyberWhale
    Chink masterrace. :obviously:

• Despair Despair x 1
    • Prestigious Prestigious x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. Some No Longer Human tier smiles.

• Funny Funny x 2
    ^ Top  
  24. HoboForEternity In every buttons you press Patron

HoboForEternity
    will put some soekarno's face on your wallets.

^ Top  
  25. joesys Critical Forge Patron Developer

joesys
    Thank you.

We are excited to show what we have done. We do have a little of opening night jitter as this would be the first time we show the game to world wide audience. The morale in office seems high as the studio has a lot of energy in the last few days. I am proud of what the team has accomplished in the last 1 year.

I am a little unclear to what is needed for a Codex campaign as project creator, but certainly, if there is anything we can do to support this wonderful community, we should discuss more.

Thanks,
    -Joe

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    • Salute Salute x 1
    ^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)