Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From out of nowhere, new enhanced versions(!) of Thief 2 and System Shock 2

Once this is all packaged and tested I guess will be a good time to get into some individual thief fan missions

Who knows of a good repository for all the best missions/mods? Or a pre-packaged collection if there is such a thing?

potatojohn

Arcane
It would be better if someone made a thiaf compatibility layer for TDK. But hey the morans at TTLG prefer to reverse engineer than use an OSS engine that's their right I guess.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Yeah, I'll wait for a SS2 replay untill the community comes up with an easy way to integrate mods with the patch. I wanna play with the improved weapon and character models. Those textures also look neat.

spekkio

Arcane
Thief Gold, now with bloom:

26euE.jpg

sm0fy.jpg

mieZQ.jpg

:troll:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Yep. You could actually enable bloom in DDFix too, though.

Cosmo

Arcane
Project: Eternity
Other thing to look forward to !
There's a nice texture mod on moddb, for which i'm actually optimistic : everytime i looked at it, it had taken giant steps. It's impressive (especially the greenhouse) and seems to respect Thief 1's artistic choices.

thief_2012-06-07_00-15-17-58.jpg

c2.jpg

o.1.jpg

z6.jpg

c.3.jpg

Cosmo

Arcane
Project: Eternity
Well, there seems to be a lot of nitpicking, but messing with texture luminosity is indeed unforgivable on a game like this...
I guess we'll see.

Deakul

Augur

Deakul

Augur
Well, installed it without any mods and just the fix with ss2tools and it works fine.

Awesome, can't wait to finally beat this game hopefully without shit getting corrupt or hard drives dying.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Well, installed it without any mods and just the fix with ss2tools and it works fine.

Awesome, can't wait to finally beat this game hopefully without shit getting corrupt or hard drives dying.

According to Kolya, you should DISABLE SS2Tool's own "bug fixes" when installing it.

Gord

Arcane
ATM? I'm not sure.
"Promo videos" uploaded by the makers of the patch show usage of mods (SHMUP / Rebirth).

I think that's the old SS2 demo of the first 1 or two levels of the game, but updated to the new version and combined with SS2 Rebirth and texture mods. More than boring videos. ;)

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Question: I've used Creative Alchemy up until now to get 3D sound from these games.

Apparently this is no longer required, yet when I delete dsound.dll and dsound.ini from Thief's directory, I can no longer enable EAX in the game options (but can still enable "hardware audio"). Does that mean it's using OpenAL?

Gord

Arcane
Cool thing, just found that the demo has a redone intro cutscene using highish-poly models and better textures.
Is that also some mod floating around or is it another piece of awesome, courtesy of the mysterious benefactor behind that patch?

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Question: I've used Creative Alchemy up until now to get 3D sound from these games.

Apparently this is no longer required, yet when I delete dsound.dll and dsound.ini from Thief's directory, I can no longer enable EAX in the game options (but can still enable "hardware audio"). Does that mean it's using OpenAL?
If you click on hardware audio again it will change to oppenal, at least in Thief 1. I'm pretty sure setting it to on doesn't actually work in Win7. When you load a level it reverts to off. I have an Asus Xonar though, which adds more complexity to the situation.

Whisky

The Solution
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
I'd say I know what I'm replaying...

But it comes down to a damn hard choice. Thief series or System Shock 2?

I'll pick Thief. I haven't played it as much and not for a really long time.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom