Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Greed Monger Insider Thread (drama inside)

Ranselknulf

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
You talking about the other guy you alluded to buying a home?

Why the fuck would somebody steal 100K dollars and give it to another person to buy a home. Sounds retarded even for a beta.

DarKPenguiN

Arcane
You talking about the other guy you alluded to buying a home?

Why the fuck would somebody steal 100K dollars and give it to another person to buy a home. Sounds retarded even for a beta.
Flunk...Brother... Please. read the whole thread. You are a sensible guy. If you think im batshit fucking crazy AFTER reading the thread, its all good. I know there is alot of text here. There is also alot of subtext you need to read. if you think im totally mistaken AFTER reading the thread I can respect that...But... You must read the thread.

Ranselknulf

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Surprisingly the only clarity on the thread came from the chat logs posted by the "scammer"

Seems he is trying to make this game you want for free while being fucked over by the guy with the money if there is any left. I still don't think that makes him a scammer and the only thing you are going to do by antagonizing him is make him stop making the game for free and tell the project to fuck off. Only a beta would put up with this shit for no pay anyways and it seems like a waste of time tbh.

He may get paid eventually by this appleton character or he may not but IDK. How long has he been working for free? what's his payment model like with the appleton guy? Is it pay per milestone met or something like that? Those are all valid questions but your over the top butthurt at this JP guy seems weird.

DarKPenguiN

Arcane
Surprisingly the only clarity on the thread came from the chat logs posted by the "scammer"

Seems he is trying to make this game you want for free while being fucked over by the guy with the money if there is any left. I still don't think that makes him a scammer and the only thing you are going to do by antagonizing him is make him stop making the game for free and tell the project to fuck off. Only a beta would put up with this shit for no pay anyways and it seems like a waste of time tbh.

He may get paid eventually by this appleton character or he may not but IDK. How long has he been working for free? what's his payment model like with the appleton guy? Is it pay per milestone met or something like that? Those are all valid questions but your over the top butthurt at this JP guy seems weird.
Hes been working for free for 3 years. And I'm really not on about JP. JP and I have a history for 3 years now and I never personally attacked him until now. I honestly like the guy. Has the biggest balls ive ever seen and comes toidefend his game everywhere. has for the last 3 years regardless of how harsh things became. hes stood there with tenacity like ive never seen.

Did you read everything?

Ranselknulf

Arcane
Patron
I read enough.

It doesn't appear to be an outright scam against the backers because somebody is working on it. If anybody should be pissed off it's the JP guy (aka the dupe) who may or may not own the Game at this point. He definitely should refuse to do any work at all on the game until this is sorted out because if he releases the game and appleton gets all the profit from a released game and JP gets nothing.. that would be even shittier.

This seems like more a case of bad business decisions and the original kickstarter guy trying to find a fall guy like you mentioned. The game will most likely fail unless JP turns into Cleveland Mark Blakemore but I hope for his sanity he doesn't.

Seems it's time to move onto another game and just forget about this one. Also, lessons to learn, don't donate money to a crowd-funded MMO. That has got to be the worst idea I've ever heard.

DarKPenguiN

Arcane
I read enough.

It doesn't appear to be an outright scam against the backers because somebody is working on it. If anybody should be pissed off it's the JP guy (aka the dupe) who may or may not own the Game at this point. He definitely should refuse to do any work at all on the game until this is sorted out because if he releases the game and appleton gets all the profit from a released game and JP gets nothing.. that would be even shittier.

This seems like more a case of bad business decisions and the original kickstarter guy trying to find a fall guy like you mentioned. The game will most likely fail unless JP turns into Cleveland Mark Blakemore but I hope for his sanity he doesn't.

Seems it's time to move onto another game and just forget about this one. Also, lessons to learn, don't donate money to a crowd-funded MMO. That has got to be the worst idea I've ever heard.
Dude...Either you read the thread and I have no idea whats its really about. OR. you didnt read the thread. OR. i'm mistake (have been once or twice).

Its one of three.

However, your response tells me you may have missed the entire point if you read it....Or im an idiot.

DarKPenguiN

Arcane
How come all...the key Players in this Drama....writes the same wierd way???
Its a conspiracy...Like 911 and the Joos
First we take the codex..Then the world... Motherfuckers

If penguins had opposable thumbs you guys would be fucked. It would be serious war. You humans....As it is we have to conspire on the codex. Shit suck's but it is what it is. Whence we finally gain control you will learn about what incline truly means. You may not enjoy it.

Last edited:

Aenra

I really love you guys!

I posted here to highlight the irony of a tool making fun of a retard.

Plenty of famous Codexers ADHD people didn't have it in them to get it, went ahead on spilling their 'Edge' anyway. So eventually, not only did i have more retarded posts to read for my pleasure, but i now see True(TM) Drama ensued on top of it! Doubly ironic since i had no intention of trolling/ridiculing, couldn't give a fuck about monger or its "victims"..

Really got to love this place..
/salute Pipemen Flunklesnarkin

DarKPenguiN

Arcane
I really love you guys!

I posted here to highlight the irony of a tool making fun of a retard.

Plenty of famous Codexers ADHD people didn't have it in them to get it, went ahead on spilling their 'Edge' anyway. So eventually, not only did i have more retarded posts to read for my pleasure, but i now see True(TM) Drama ensued on top of it! Doubly ironic since i had no intention of trolling/ridiculing, couldn't give a fuck about monger or its "victims"..

Really got to love this place..
/salute Pipemen Flunklesnarkin
How could anyone not love the codex?

DarKPenguiN

Arcane
Not sure if its funny or sad that backers are already asking about the T-Shirts they never received as backer rewards on the facebook...Ima go with sad. Jasons been too busy to send the shirts that are supposedly sitting in his garage since 2012.

Angthoron

Arcane
Not quite what I expected of this thread, but this was an interesting ride.

Tough decision on GM_JamesPro's part, though probably the least worst one.

GM_JamesPro

Savant
It's been a long time in the making... I've had my family since day 1 telling me I should be careful with Jason, I've had Dark and others on MMORPG.com telling me for a couple years at least that I should get away from Jason and do my own thing. The last couple years working on GM hasn't been much fun since Jason threatened me with a Lawsuit if I left. I was now being forced in my eyes to be there instead of working on it because it was something I enjoyed. The last week or 2 was the worse when the stress started giving me physical issues... GM and Jason aren't worth loosing my life over because of the stress it's putting me under.

Angthoron

Arcane
Jason threatened me with a Lawsuit if I left.
Thought this was somehow involved, yeah. Not sure on what grounds he would be doing that though, but maybe you had a contract where you'd have to work on GM til completion or something else equally terrible.

The last week or 2 was the worse when the stress started giving me physical issues... GM and Jason aren't worth loosing my life over because of the stress it's putting me under.
Yeah, absolutely not worth losing health over. Besides, with health issues you couldn't continue development properly even if you tried, so there's also that.

DarKPenguiN

Arcane

Angthoron

Arcane
That'd be some colossal dumbfuckery.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom