Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

HITMAN 2 - the new NON-episodic Hitman game

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Ok you fucking fanboyz,just watch this retarded shit and tell me how goood the AI is!!!

Falling in to a bush or a few litters of water hitting is a 100% death sentence :roll: or burning in the middle of a club and everyone just ignoring it. This game is a fucking popamole sandbox for little kids.

Last edited:

a cut of domestic sheep prime

Ok you fucking fanboyz,just watch this retarded shit and tell me how goood the AI is!!!

Explain to me how pushing adult males off a dock and into normal lake water in Blood Money kills them.

No game is perfect. The reason why Thundercuck is a fanboy is because he refuses to entertain any criticism of tm2 and resorts to insults and whataboutisms whenever confronted with its flaws.

The reason why you're being unreasonable is because you think that the flaws COMPLETELY ruin the game as a whole and won't entertain the idea that it might be enjoyable in spite of them.

edit: in the 2nd kill there is a clear reaction from the witness. The gun has a silencer, so it's a standard accident kill. Be more specific, I don't want to spoil all the kills in the already short game with this video.
*2nd kill, I mean. I missed the first one. Weird, but clearly a bug.

edit: I see your edit. so you're talking about bugs along with the AI. I don't want to go through the video though. As I said, spoilers.

Last edited by a moderator:

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

Explain to me how pushing adult males off a dock and into normal lake water in Blood Money kills them.

No game is perfect. The reason why Thundercuck is a fanboy is because he refuses to entertain any criticism of tm2 and resorts to insults and whataboutisms whenever confronted with its flaws.

The reason why you're being unreasonable is because you think that the flaws COMPLETELY ruin the game as a whole and won't entertain the idea that it might be enjoyable in spite of them.

edit: in the 2nd kill there is a clear reaction from the witness. The gun has a silencer, so it's a standard accident kill. Be more specific, I don't want to spoil all the kills in the already short game with this video.
*2nd kill, I mean. I missed the first one. Weird, but clearly a bug.

Ohhh really,you missed the first one....the one that the "incident" misses the target and then it dies just because it touches it.....strange coincidence. There is nothing to miss really,it just the second set of targets dying stupid deaths. Also who the fuck is talking/cares about the silencer?! The video is filled with more than enough retarded shit.

You play what ever you fell like playing. The game have shitty AI and that is a fact,anyone claiming otherwise is a fucking retard....that is also a fact. If people enjoy the game...good for them,but don't pretend that it is kind of masterpiece.
It is amusing that YT comments of all places have more sense that codexians that see themself as grognard elite....

the one that the "incident" misses the target and then it dies just because it touches it.....strange coincidence
like I said, it was clearly a bug. As in not an intentional feature. Blood Money had these occasionally too.

And again, YouTubers put up these bug videos all the time. They prove nothing. Sometimes they are one in a million. Sometimes they are common, but were patched out already. Sometimes they deliberately fake them or set them up (not saying that's the case here, but it is a fact). Go watch all the "funny witcher 3" videos. There are all sorts of bugs and fake bugs that I've never seen in my game.

The video is filled with more than enough retarded shit.
And again, I am not spoiling myself on all the kills for a dumb argument with a guy who has decided he hates the game based on clickbait videos alone.
It is amusing that YT comments of all places have more sense that codexians that see themself as grognard elite....
Maybe the fact that low IQ YT commenters agree with you should tell you that your opinion isn't as smart as you think it is.
thinking.png

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
the one that the "incident" misses the target and then it dies just because it touches it.....strange coincidence
like I said, it was clearly a bug. As in not an intentional feature. Blood Money had these occasionally too.

And again, YouTubers put up these bug videos all the time. They prove nothing. Sometimes they are one in a million. Sometimes they are common, but were patched out already. Sometimes they deliberately fake them or set them up (not saying that's the case here, but it is a fact). Go watch all the "funny witcher 3" videos. There are all sorts of bugs and fake bugs that I've never seen in my game.

The video is filled with more than enough retarded shit.
And again, I am not spoiling myself on all the kills for a dumb argument with a guy who has decided he hates the game based on clickbait videos alone.
Maybe the fact that low IQ YT commenters agree with you should tell you that your opinion isn't as smart as you think it is.
thinking.png
Ahhh you are just arguing for the sake of arguing,just like Chad. Yeah,you are right,more power to you have fun.

Ahhh you are just arguing for the sake of arguing
says the guy so butthurt by clickbait videos that he camps out in this thread shitting on a game he never played.

Now, if you'll excuse me, my Gold Edition is done downloading. :M

Vibalist

Arcane
You apparently can scan and upload the photo into the robot during the demonstration and in front of the NPCs in the room, who look like scientists. The bald dude is tampering with a lethal robot while the boss is on the wrong end of its gun but everyone assumes that everything is going to be fine. Your excuse would work only if you had to do the sabotage while remaining undetected.
yeah, I agree with this. Sabotage in previous titles has always worked this way. In fact, even in 2016 with the Japan level, tampering with the robo-surgeon in view of the scientists raised the alarm.

I think you guys are cherry picking your examples somewhat. Yeah, H2 has some really easy kills (most of them tied to the awful story mission/opportunity system), but in 95% of all cases when you tamper with something, the guards will be all over you.

My recommendation: Play on master difficulty for a few hours and see if you still think the AI is too stupid and sluggish. My guess is you'll feel the opposite way. If anything, it's too attentive. Turn on the wrong television and it will treat you like you just murdered someone's grandmother.

Also: Don't forget that in the robot scenario, Knox asks you to place a photo in front of the lethal robot. So 47 actually has permission from the boss himself to tamper with it. This is probably why no one gets suspicious.

Niklasgunner

Savant
Falling in to a bush or a few litters of water hitting is a 100% death sentence

I see the few litters of water hitting not just the guards, but a manipulated electric cable too. Easy to miss when your only reference for judgement are 5-10 second clip compilations :lol:

You are so grasping at straws it‘s hilarious, stop posting

agentorange

Arcane
Patron
rpghq (cant read codex pms cuz of fag 2fa)
Codex 2012
I think you guys are cherry picking your examples somewhat. Yeah, H2 has some really easy kills (most of them tied to the awful story mission/opportunity system), but in 95% of all cases when you tamper with something, the guards will be all over you.

My recommendation: Play on master difficulty for a few hours and see if you still think the AI is too stupid and sluggish. My guess is you'll feel the opposite way. If anything, it's too attentive. Turn on the wrong television and it will treat you like you just murdered someone's grandmother.
That's mostly what I meant when I was talking about how it's not much of a solution to make the guards too observant or quick to act, to the point that it is unnatural. Even in Contracts you had situations where stepping one foot through the wrong door would cause every gun totting guard in the area to fill you with lead immediately. It's stupid but in a different way, where you end up with a bunch of NPCs that are more like sentry gun turrets ready to go off. But again, that kind of stuff is more tolerable in the smaller maps of the previous Hitman games, whereas that sort of stuff in the larger more time consuming maps of nuHitman would be a nightmare.

waterdeep

Learned
I personally look at it this way, Thief and Splinter Cell are dead in the water and the only modern good non-Hitman stealth game is an isometric game made in unity called Shadow Tactics. As long as IO keeps putting out somewhat decent Hitman games I will continue to support them.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Falling in to a bush or a few litters of water hitting is a 100% death sentence

I see the few litters of water hitting not just the guards, but a manipulated electric cable too. Easy to miss when your only reference for judgement are 5-10 second clip compilations :lol:

You are so grasping at straws it‘s hilarious, stop posting
Not that one,later on there is one without a cable. Also it was amusing how they got fried but one of the NPCs didn't knew and decided to get up while shinning.

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
The only valid criticism you had was blood trails. My defense for the removal for it was that it was completely pointless to the gameplay unless you are basically LARPing and intentionally fucking up by shooting your target in open hallways where people often pass through.
It's one of those things that might sound really cool on paper, but in actual gameplay it will be a fucking retarded and shitty system, like Notoriety in Blood Money where all it means is that random people around the map will have a random chance to spot you through your disguise and get a covers blown, but at the same time the system was practically pointless because if you were trying to play at your best and get 1-3 witnesses every other map then you just pay $50,000 and it's once more irrelevant to gameplay. It just wasn't a good or well thought out system, and I think the same applies to blood trails.

Unwanted

†††

Patron
That's mostly what I meant when I was talking about how it's not much of a solution to make the guards too observant or quick to act, to the point that it is unnatural. Even in Contracts you had situations where stepping one foot through the wrong door would cause every gun totting guard in the area to fill you with lead immediately. It's stupid but in a different way, where you end up with a bunch of NPCs that are more like sentry gun turrets ready to go off. But again, that kind of stuff is more tolerable in the smaller maps of the previous Hitman games, whereas that sort of stuff in the larger more time consuming maps of nuHitman would be a nightmare.

People just don't think when they sprout stuff like "moar realism!" because in stealth games then it would become nightmarish. Hitman 2016 added more suspicious items in the pro mode, I still remember getting shot to death for grabbing a baseball, good times.

I remember when MGS V came out and people complained about unrealistic blind AI. Then mods like Infinite Heaven came out where you could give enemies "realistic" hearing and vision. Doing that turns the game unplayable for 99.9% of people.

While the AI in nuHitman can be improved, criticism about "real people wouldn't act like that!" is ultimately empty. If you released a game like Thief in today's era, guys like Fantadumbmat would complain about unrealistic AI as well https://i.warosu.org/data/vr/img/0050/52/1537829336661.webm

Games can aspire to have a semblance of realism but at the end of the day they need to be fun, even if that means being "gamey".

agentorange

Arcane
Patron
rpghq (cant read codex pms cuz of fag 2fa)
Codex 2012
People just don't think when they sprout stuff like "moar realism!" because in stealth games then it would become nightmarish.
Yeah you summed up what I mean. An example that always comes to my mind is the Front Line mission from Metro 2033; being detected in that mission means every enemy in the area being alerted and permanently hunting for you. Realistic, sure, but I think every single person I've talked to about the game has hated that mission.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Fantadomat is like dragonul in how he believes anyone gives a fuck about his opinion.

But fantadomat is unlike dragonul in how he doesn't even play the games he shits on. :lol:

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Fantadomat is like dragonul in how he believes anyone gives a fuck about his opinion.

But fantadomat is unlike dragonul in how he doesn't even play the games he shits on. :lol:
If i cared if anyone gives a shit about my opinion,i would have been on retard era or twatter,certainly not here.

Citation needed....:lol:. Such slanderous accusation could send you to prison for a long time mate.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

If i cared if anyone gives a shit about my opinion,i would have been on retard era or twatter,certainly not here.

Citation needed....:lol:. Such slanderous accusation could send you to prison for a long time mate.
Well, you keep posting it again and again, so the options are two - you want to convince people, or you have the mind of a parrot.

ultra loser

Scholar

Falling in to a bush or a few litters of water hitting is a 100% death sentence :roll: or burning in the middle of a club and everyone just ignoring it. This game is a fucking popamole sandbox for little kids.

Lazy devs didn't even bother to script npcs reacting to deaths, like when the target eats poisoned food you sell and his bodyguard doesn't care if you just leave.

GrainWetski

Arcane
Its interesting how the people who have actually played the game tend to like it.

As opposed to blathering about how terrible it looks on YT videos.

Really makes you think...
You need to finish it at least 7 times and give IO 2000 euros before you can make an informed opinion.

The only valid criticism you had was blood trails.
Blood trails and a dumber AI and fewer missions and less reactivity (no newspapers or player rep). I've repeatedly had this same argument with you.

The game is dumbed down compared to Blood Money. Not sure why that's so hard for you to admit.

I already said that being dumbed down doesn't make it a bad game, it just makes it a dumber one.
My defense for the removal for it was that it was completely pointless to the gameplay unless you
...are playing the game in an experimental way (or are a newbie) - again, except the tm series emphasizes experimental play to compensate for it being so short.

shooting your target
Or stabbing them. Or punching them(?).

It's what made fiberwire a better option than a knife, even though a knife was faster.

How you can be such a fanboy of 2016 Hitman in particular is beyond me. Does your friend work for the developer or something?
Notoriety in Blood Money where all it means is that random people around the map will have a random chance to spot you through your disguise and get a covers blown, but at the same time the system was practically pointless
No, also it offered reactivity to the player. Reading the paper was one of my favorite moments in Blood Money every time.

Again, you know the game is dumbed down and you know all the ways it's dumbed down. So why are you so emotionally invested in it that you lose your shit and have multipage arguments about it whenever someone brings it up?

Are you being paid for this? Do you hope to fuck an intern at IO interactive? Are you a secret asshole?

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
The only valid criticism you had was blood trails.
Blood trails and a dumber AI and fewer missions and less reactivity (no newspapers or player rep). I've repeatedly had this same argument with you.

The game is dumbed down compared to Blood Money. Not sure why that's so hard for you to admit.

I already said that being dumbed down doesn't make it a bad game, it just makes it a dumber one.
My defense for the removal for it was that it was completely pointless to the gameplay unless you
...are playing the game in an experimental way (or are a newbie) - again, except the tm series emphasizes experimental play to compensate for it being so short.

shooting your target
Or stabbing them. Or punching them(?).

It's what made fiberwire a better option than a knife, even though a knife was faster.

How you can be such a fanboy of 2016 Hitman in particular is beyond me. Does your friend work for the developer or something?
Notoriety in Blood Money where all it means is that random people around the map will have a random chance to spot you through your disguise and get a covers blown, but at the same time the system was practically pointless
No, also it offered reactivity to the player. Reading the paper was one of my favorite moments in Blood Money every time.

Again, you know the game is dumbed down and you know all the ways it's dumbed down. So why are you so emotionally invested in it that you lose your shit and have multipage arguments about it whenever someone brings it up?

Are you being paid for this? Do you hope to fuck an intern at IO interactive? Are you a secret asshole?
How is the golden edition,enjoying your "purchase" ?

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
dumber AI and fewer missions and less reactivity
So yes, blood trails were your only valid complaint.
Having a lot of missions doesn't matter if they are all filler shit with no replay value. See: Hitman 2: Silent Assassin. I went over this long ago.
Or stabbing them.
Knives didn't even exist on some/many levels, and fiber wire is always the better option as a result if killing someone close up. The animation isn't even really slow like it is in HM:C47/2/3.
Or punching them(?).
A KO, not a kill. Left blood splatters but no trails. Again, no reason to ever do this because if you want to KO someone it's best to human shield them, as sedative is slow as fuck and punching them leaves a witness, unless you dump them in an accident like a railing, cliff or shark pool.
Just a fan of the series who isn't a nostalgiagoggled retard who sticks to worthless or just plain bad mechanics as a non-reason to hate on a newer title.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom