Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance - Dan Vavra's medieval chad simulator

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
So what's the status of this game now? Done as it will ever be?

Not yet, there's at least one more DLC that needs to come out. (A Woman's Lot)
Two DLCs incoming. The last one is free for KS backers btw

How will the tasteful love scenes be handled as a female protagonist? Will you allow for lesbian relations with the countess and bakers daughter? !
Is that in line with your dogmatic historical accuracy claims?!

:outrage:

===
EDIT:

:lol:

\/

Last edited:

Simple Simon

Scholar
I can't decide whether it makes more sense to imprison Reeky and Pious or to let them go. Anybody have any thoughts on this issue? In real life, I would report them to the authorities but the punishments are pretty Medieval (hur hur). I would feel like a huge hypocrite sending them off to be executed or maimed for what amounts to stealing (setting aside felony murder issues) when I'm constantly lockpicking and pickpocketing to maintain a good relationship with my prospective mate's uncle and Thieves' Guild/Miller cronies.
:deathclaw:

Hobo Elf

Arcane
I've just finished the counterfeit money quest. How long do I still have before the main quest is over? I'm pretty surprised by the length and scope of this game given it's humble kickstarter origin.

Baardhaas

Cipher
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here
I've just finished the counterfeit money quest. How long do I still have before the main quest is over? I'm pretty surprised by the length and scope of this game given it's humble kickstarter origin.
You're about 2/3 through the main questline. Less if you go by the number of quests, but the last part moves rather quickly.

mildTea

Learned

Not only it goes fast towards the ends now, but the quality of quest writing drops. If you still have unfinished side quests, I'd recommend doing those as they are better than the final few main quests.

Hobo Elf

Arcane

Not only it goes fast towards the ends now, but the quality of quest writing drops. If you still have unfinished side quests, I'd recommend doing those as they are better than the final few main quests.
Can't you continue after finishing the game?

Baardhaas

Cipher
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here
Some sidequests can't be done after a certain point in the game. But you'll get an ingame warning before that. The later quests do see a drop in quality, guess they ran out of time and money (and creativity). But you still have plenty good content ahead of you.

mildTea

Learned

Can't you continue after finishing the game?

Some yes, some not. As said above, there is a warning before the point of no return.

An additional point to consider is how much overpowered you are and how difficult the combat is. For the final quests it doesn't matter whether your'e OP or not since they are boring in terms of gameplay anyway, but for the sidequests it might matter, as being OP could make them too boring. You can always consider increasing the difficulty, unless you're at the highest one already.

Paul_cz

Arcane
What does the resolution setting "720p > 1080p" do exactly? Upscaling or some shit?
Makes the game display in 1080p, but render in 720p. So yeah it basically upscales lower-res image into higher resolution.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
BREAKING NEWS: Salt and pepper coming in 6 months
Isn't salt already in?

Didn't know Germans put salt and pepper in their coffee. Not surprised tho.
Anything to make that crappy brew bearable, I guess.
Tea is for true incline.

Honestly, though, each table just has salt & pepper shakers in restaurants. Or similar stuff (like soy/chili sauce in Asian restaurants) At least in almost all restaurants/hotels I've been in.

Beowulf

Arcane
BREAKING NEWS: Salt and pepper coming in 6 months
Isn't salt already in?

Didn't know Germans put salt and pepper in their coffee. Not surprised tho.
Anything to make that crappy brew bearable, I guess.
Tea is for true incline.

Honestly, though, each table just has salt & pepper shakers in restaurants. Or similar stuff (like soy/chili sauce in Asian restaurants) At least in almost all restaurants/hotels I've been in.

It's cheaper to put condiments on the table and use less for brews/dishes, as some people never alter food/drink that they ordered, and some will always use them even before tasting their order.

Funposter

Arcane
This mod/overhaul sounds interesting as addresses some of the major issues of the game:

https://www.nexusmods.com/kingdomcomedeliverance/mods/496

Basically, makes combat tougher (less damage increase from stats, much tighter parry window, etc), and a lot more encounters in the world.

The only issue is it seems to not have been updated since 1.6, so might only work with an older version of the game.

I had posted previously about Blood and Iron. It's a bit hacky, and arguably makes random encounters TOO frequent, but it's a solid overhaul if you're looking to play the game a second time. IIRC, the new patch will only mess up inventory icons, and that might only be if the game updated while you had it installed already. This is probably the best that the game will be until modding tools are released.

One thing I am curious about is this: there was a dude who was really into HEMA combat who created combat mods for Oblivion and Skyrim. The name of the mod was something like Realistic Fencing/Archery. Considering how crappy the vanilla combat was in Oblivion/Skyrim, what he did was very impressive, but you can only do so much with crap.

I was kinda hoping he would try his luck at modding KCD, since it seems like this game has a much better base, and just needs someone to mold it into something good.

SlamDunk

Arcane
Took these with NVIDIA Ansel. Ultra settings. No mods.

kingdomcomedeliverancmre6d.png

kingdomcomedeliveranc4ket3.png

Riddler

Arcane
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
Is there any reason to wait longer until playing this? Are there any significant patches and/or DLCs coming up?

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Is there any reason to wait longer until playing this? Are there any significant patches and/or DLCs coming up?

Two more DLCs coming up, afaik they're mostly story DLCs, basically big side quests that don't impact the main game except one of them apparently adds a dog companion into the game. So if that's something you find worth waiting for then wait.

Honestly if you've waited that long and if you're not feeling impatient yet I'd wait for the full Ultimate Edition that is coming next year.

Smejki

Larian Studios, ex-Warhorse
Developer
Yo Smejki when do we get the "Making of" film? Didn't Vavra tweet like 2 weeks ago that it's out? And where would we find it? Thanks!
It's still being produced. A nearly final version of it was shown in the cinema... for reasons... Basically the movie doesn't exist for some entities if it's not screened in a theater and the authors (guys from Vortex) wanted it to "exist" this year. It will be done when it's done. Don't know when but it is quickly nearing completion. Please follow official channels. The documentary, since promised to 'higher' tier backers (£20+ digital tiers, £25+ physical tiers), will not be freely accessible to the public, at least not initially. It will be released on Steam and eligible backers get it for free.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom