Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Completed Let's Play Xenonauts - Moles Were Popped

Discussion in 'Codex Playground' started by Undead Phoenix, Apr 22, 2014.

1. Undead Phoenix Arcane

Undead Phoenix
    Victorious Living
    Show Spoiler

Glorious Dead
    Show Spoiler

• Cpl Tytus. Rifleman. 0 Missions 0 Kills | 7th September - did not survive the impact as Charlie-1 plummeted to the ground in flames :salute:
    • Cpl MotherMachinae. Heavy. 0 Missions 0 Kills | 7th September - his burnt corpse was discovered among the wreckage of Charlie-1 :salute:
    • Cpl Brazilian Slaughter. Rifleman. 2 Missions 0 Kills | 20th September - missed his shot, the Caesun Guard didn't :salute:
    • Cap Eklektyk. Heavy. 9 Missions 5 Kills | 8th October - shot in the face by a Caesun Guard, a gentle reminder that there is no such thing as a easy mission :salute:
    • Comd Sranchammer. Rifleman. 19 Missions 13 Kills | 26th November - killed in the assault on the command room of the Andron.Small Alien Base by a Andron Soldier :salute:
    • Commissar Draco. Hunter Pilot. 4 Missions 8 Kills | 12th January - reaction fire from a Caesun Soldier meant for Ashery missed only to hit his V8 engine with explosive results :salute:
    • Col Azira. Recce. 20 Missions 2 Kills | 12th February - looked radiant as the proud mother of a Reaper for the few moments before Ulminati broke his heart :salute:
    • Col Tzaero. Rocketeer. 31 Missions 13 Kills | 12th February - transcended his mortal body to become one with the plasma cloud of his beloved rockets :salute:
    • Comd MRSA. Assault. 16 Missions 8 Kills | 12th February - gunned down by a Sebillian Warrior as our depleted team took the command room of the Sebillian.Medium Alien Base :salute:

[/spoiler]

Last edited: May 5, 2014
    • Brofist Brofist x 5
    ^ Top  
  2. Ulminati Kamelåså! Patron

Self-Ejected
    I volournteer, r00fles! :salute:

Give me Marcus Jakobsen and a Sniper rifle. I shall not fail the Emprah.

[​IMG]

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. Tzaero DEPARTED Patron

Tzaero
    Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
    I'm prepared to die volunteering!
    Gimme a rocket launcher!

^ Top  
  4. Tytus Arcane

Tytus
    Invaders must die!

Reporting for duty, gimme my rifle!

^ Top  
  5. ERYFKRAD Barbarian Patron

ERYFKRAD
    Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    Give me a shotgun and a knife, and I shall shoot their heads off, then rip their guts. And then impose an invasion tax on them.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. MotherMachinae Arcane

MotherMachinae
    Did someone asked for Dakka! Then surely I will deliver it! HMG and they surely will bow in cover
    only first cannon fodder but it's something

^ Top  
  7. Commissar Draco Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar Patron

Commissar Draco
    Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
    [​IMG]

Drive me Closer! I want to hit them with my sword! Commissar reports for duty as tanker/pilot.

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  8. The Brazilian Slaughter Arcane

The Brazilian Slaughter
    Brazilian Slaughter reporting! Send me to the frontlines, where great GLORY can be acquired!

^ Top  
  9. Tytus Arcane

Tytus

inb4 Brazilian Slaughter slaughered on his first mission.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  10. The Brazilian Slaughter Arcane

The Brazilian Slaughter
    I am a traditionalist, and traditionalists respect tradition. If to die so that my world can live becomes a tradition, then, oh well, there's always more from that cell culture it came from.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. eklektyk Erudite

eklektyk
    this seems truly popular ...

oh well i suppose everybody nids commissar eklek to shoot some friendly backs ....

^ Top  
  12. Ashery Prophet

Ashery
    What the fuck, Ulm? I'm the sniper, damnit!

Well, considering that two snipers is actually a viable build...:troll:

^ Top  
  13. Ulminati Kamelåså! Patron

Self-Ejected
    Since the only guy on his starting roster with a nordic name had <50 str, I picked the role that gets armour last. :smug:

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. Undead Phoenix Arcane

Undead Phoenix
    In the Beginning...

Update 1: 1979/9/1 - 1979/9/7

Show Spoiler
    First contact happens off the coast of New Zealand, strange lights being seen out as sea before a sighting of a UFO is reported. Way out of range of our Interceptors and Radar, we can only offer our condolences to the local government and offer to site our future bases closer. We unlock our first research options. The choice of Interceptor or the Scout Car is easy enough.

[​IMG]

A small UFO is detected. CommissarDraco is scrambled in his Condor :salute:

[​IMG]

Immediately afterwards a second UFO shows up on our radar and Condor-2 is sent to intercept. This UFO takes the scenic route across Egypt, allowing Condor-2 to reach it first.

[​IMG]

Oh shit...

[​IMG]

Commissar catches up with his target, ready to lose his kill virginity.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Both Interceptors out of action, I order a 3rd Condor, but it'll be 72 hours before arrival. Until then, we've got no teeth.
    :whatho:

UFO-01 lands. Maybe Commissar Draco did enough damage before being taken down? Facing the prospect of being unable to do anything, I order in the troops. Death or Glory! Meanwhile, UFO-02 taunts us by landing closer to our base while Charlie-1 is in the air.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    :rage:
    UFO-01 took off at the last possible moment and gunned down our dropship.

RIP Cpl. Tytus :salute:
    RIP Cpl. MotherMachinae :salute:

Update 1.5: 1979/9/7 - 1979/9/19
    Show Spoiler

We're looking at a minimum of 2.5 days to recover our aircraft, and that isn't taking into account the repairs that will be needed.

[​IMG]

Condor-3 has arrived in base, her pilot hungry for vengeance. UFO-01 is still flitting around - our honour is on the line.

[​IMG]

Condor-3 succeeds where Commissar Draco failed, but with no dropship we are unable to launch an assault on the downed UFO. Tytus and MotherMachinae will hopefully be satisfied by the way local forces nuked them from orbit :salute:

[​IMG]

The next 3 days are quiet, allowing command to recover from the horrific events of early September. But soon enough our radars detect another alien vessel above Russia.

[​IMG]

Condor-1 and Condor-2 are still being repaired, but Condor-3 is enough to deal with the UFO :salute:

[​IMG]

The dropship is grounded, so once again we are forced to alert the local government about the UFO crash site rather than raid it ourselves.

[​IMG]

6 days pass before we detect another UFO at the very South-East edge of our radar. Condor-1's new pilot teams up with Condor-2 and move to take it down as our soldiers lock and load.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 23, 2014
    • Brofist Brofist x 5
    ^ Top  
  15. Ulminati Kamelåså! Patron

Self-Ejected
    [​IMG]

^ Top  
  16. Tytus Arcane

Tytus
    Goddamnit!

This is basically like getting ready for sex with a nice girl and then jizzing in your pants, before you can do anything.
    I died like prematurly ejaculating virgin.

Gdddamnit!

This let's play gonna go great.

^ Top  
  17. Azira Arcane Patron

Azira
    Codex 2012
    Don't care which role I'm assigned, just put me down for whatever you need the most. :salute:

^ Top  
  18. profreshinal Arcane

profreshinal
    Reporting for shield-bearing duties. Give me a shield and I'm ready to go, or better yet, give me 2 of them so I can protect my back.

^ Top  
  19. Sranchammer Arcane

Sranchammer
    Sranchammer reporting for duty, SIR! Is this gonna be a standup fight, sir, or another bughunt?

^ Top  
  20. The Brazilian Slaughter Arcane

The Brazilian Slaughter
    This is a perfect beginning! I am sure nothing further will go wrong from now on!

^ Top  
  21. Undead Phoenix Arcane

Undead Phoenix
    The update has been updated with the second half of what it should have contained.

Having now got ShareX up and running I'll be able to do proper updates rather than spend time battling a slow upload process.

Our first mission is complete and it was glorious :smug:

^ Top  
  22. MotherMachinae Arcane

MotherMachinae
    Fucking hell, the lamest way to die in that game....

Would ask for avenge me but propably will not survive (xeno or dev's updates:) )

^ Top  
  23. Storyfag Arcane Patron

Storyfag
    Sign me up for this outfit plox.

^ Top  
  24. stabby Learned

stabby
    Wow. Now that is a rough way to start the game.

Also, posting to subscribe to thread, will wait until my own overdue demise in the other LP before I try and sign-up as a plasma-sponge here. :M

^ Top  
  25. Ulminati Kamelåså! Patron

Self-Ejected
    I'm not planning to let you die yet, Stabby. You're a glorious riflemurderperson, and I'm getting you the Order of Terra :love:

[edit]

You got the 20th kill during the alien base raid... then you got impregnated by a Chrysalid. :negative:

Your posthumous award will be sent to your loved ones back at home, hero of Codexia :salute:

Last edited: Apr 23, 2014
    ^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)