Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] 傳

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Bai Jiutian can't even take Vahista by himself. And we can't take down BJ. We have nothing to do here. This is way out of our league.

But there is a place where we can help. Where even BJ can help.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

Bai Jiutian can't even take Vahista by himself. And we can't take down BJ. We have nothing to do here. This is way out of our league.
Again, we aren't on our own and we do bring something to the table as well. We didn't survive ZJ's training and fend off Yang for a month just to run from this guy - especially when we have the sword saint and these masters' help.

Last edited by a moderator:

kazgar

Arcane
Massacre of the 8 sects and power vacuum in the empire because we wanted to save a woman when its not guaranteed we'll succeed anyway! Brilliant!

Not to mention Yunzi still get's fucked by this asshole, whether we succeed in sneaking Qilin off or not...

Last edited by a moderator:

Baltika9

Arcane
I'm pretty sure that with the firepower C2 brings to bear against two Ameshas, the rescue will be a success.

And with this 'power vacuum' from the death of just three sect heads, Shun can get his Empire consolidated from the sects. Genius, indeed.

Um, didn't we already go over the possible catastrophic consequences of the sects falling here? Something like, the fire cult takes over protection duties for the country and then chokes out the Imperial city in an effort to take over the country?

Baltika9

Arcane
One hundred foreign men versus the Constabulary and a million-strong Tang Army. Pass the popcorn.

Uh, huh. And the tang army vs a bunch of guys who couldn't beat said "100 men" is so much more of a problem for Shune? So how do the sects have any control for Shune to take back then? Not following your logic...

edit: i'll just dig up the quote tomorrow...

kazgar

Arcane
I'm pretty sure that with the firepower C2 brings to bear against two Ameshas, the rescue will be a success.

Plus the other cultists, plus vahista? Maybe these guys are equal to him?

And with this 'power vacuum' from the death of just three sect heads,

If you think they'll stop at the sect heads...

And C2 only works if the others come with you, if they say no because they're, oh I don't know, they're orthodox and their place is with the sect heads, or they want to protect the rest of the sect? It becomes C1 pretty quickly.

Baltika9

Arcane
The sects are too popular and loved to be uprooted like that, and they have a lot of political power too, through their control of the countrysides and the like.

The Cult, being foreigners of a different religion, will find it much harder to gather that kind of suppirt from the home-proud Chinese.

...unless. treave, if we kill the current Ahura Mazda, does that make us the new Ahura Mazda? Or does it make us Angra Mainyu?

treave wouldn't offer c2 if it just became c1. Either it costs us precious time and therefor ensures failure or one or all come with us, but it won't be C1.

C2

I now want this guy dead and buried, but come on, Jing is out of his league here at the moment. What the hell, he just stood there when that asshole tried to kill him, didn't even try to defend? And even if we (and by we I mean the masters around us with Jing maybe helping somehow) manage to take him down, that will just make the cultists more nervous and more likely that one of our girls isn't going to walk out of this. Fuck that. Right now the cultists are under orders not to harm her - we know it and the cultists know it, Vahista was right there when the boss gave us his word. Let's use that. The only thing I'm worried about in C2 is that we will not be able to recruit all three of them (Lingshu is definitely up for it, Yandi probably as well, but I'm not sure about BJ - maybe he will realise he can't help here, maybe not). But even if we can't get them all, well it's still better than going alone, isn't it?

asxetos

Augur
My question is:
Who is going to be left alive in the Jianghu that can challenge the Fire Lord, if we go with C2 and he wins?
I guess we can try to persuade the Wudu Cult to assassinate him for kidnapping Qilin, but if he has profitable plans for them, they may ignore us.

I wonder what C1 will cost us to get out alive with Qilin AND Yunzi. Our other eye? An arm?

The sects are too popular and loved to be uprooted like that, and they have a lot of political power too, through their control of the countrysides and the like.
That sort of thing tends to not matter when the majority of the sect heads are DEAD because Jing had to turn coward at the worst possible moment. Political connections - gone. Reputation - gone. All that's left is a huge power vacuum and a huge asshole that wants to fill it. "100 men" (do we even know that's all of them?) has a way of turning into an army with enough recruiting and training.

Baltika9

Arcane
False. The sects themselves and their disciples, like BJ, have a stellar reputation among the people. The leaders are ultimately replaceable. And with a strong emperor around, a strong new generation of leaders around, Ahura will have a hard time expanding his reach to I AM GOD levels with only three of his Ameshas alive.

Anyway, unless killing him makes us the new Amesha Spenta, then I'm sticking to saving Yunzi with the rest of the kids.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
...unless. treave, if we kill the current Ahura Mazda, does that make us the new Ahura Mazda? Or does it make us Angra Mainyu?

I suppose it would be interesting if they followed the 'You keep what you kill' credo and have you become the new lord if you strike the final blow so that you can shake your dick in Vahista's face without him being able to do shit about it.

Baltika9

Arcane
And I beg you to please not pull the cheap "coward" card when Jing's beloved is on the line and Ahura is way out of his league.

Nevill

Arcane
asxetos said:
Who is going to be left alive in the Jianghu that can challenge the Fire Lord, if we go with C2 and he wins?
The Imperial army.
A Great can be overpowered, even at a dire cost.

The man fought several Greats and lived, while they are still buried under the rock. And let's face it, the current team does not consist of Greats. The only one that is on the same level is the Saint, while the Temple Lord still has two Amesha Spentas by his side, so if the tides turn against him (say, if Zhang arrives), they can go for a repeat of what happened at Heihu valley.

We can't kill this guy. Well, Jing can't, at any rate. We can fight him to a standstill at best. But we will be losing a chance to occupy him and do a covert operation while he is busy. That is so not worth it.

Last edited:

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I suspect Ahura wouldn't be so intent on keeping Qilin alive if he figures he may not be sticking around to keep her as his conkerbine. I think his assurance of safety solely rests on the fact that he wants to add her to his harem.
I strongly recommend exchanging Qilin with Bai Jiutian.

Nevill

Arcane
I strongly recommend exchanging Qilin with Bai Jiutian.
Why do you think the man was grinning? :D
Bai Jiutian pours him a cup, extremely reluctantly. As he moves to hand the cup over, Ahura grabs his hand and grins, staring at him. Song Lingshu winces, resisting the urge to jump up and help him. “W-what is it?” frowns Bai Jiutian, trying to keep his composure. After a while, Ahura says, “Hm. Nothing. Thank you for the wine,” before taking the cup and drinking from it.
He already has a plan to add BJ to the harem. It does not mean he is going to release Qil.

Baltika9

Arcane
Naw, I think he was grinning because he is planning to add Jing to his harem.
The eyepatch is quite fetching, after all. And those rugged, masculine scars.

Nevill

Arcane
Why did he stare at Bai, then? Wait, why am I interested in who he is staring at? I-it not like I am jealous.

But I suppose that would be option B - as in 'bend over'.

Baltika9

Arcane
I suppose it would be interesting if they followed the 'You keep what you kill' credo and have you become the new lord if you strike the final blow so that you can shake your dick in Vahista's face without him being able to do shit about it.
So if our Master kills him instead, then he gets to be Ahura Mazda? Cool, let's roll with that.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom