Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Magic the Gathering Arena

new fucking guy

Scholar
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Historic right now: All FoTD and Esper control

Fun!

:0-13:
unironically love it
unknown.png

Uncreation

Savant
Fuck, i haven't played historic yet. Now i'm scared. How bad is it? Will it turn into a sea of FotD?

spectre

Arcane
838D48E921F85F4B1604443CECA7DF2815B53AA8
That crappy clover deck is all over Bo1 ranked. I usually don't hate on decks, but this one somehow rubs me the wrong way. I don't deny it hits like a truck (especially when it's built well and has shit like Finale of Devastation to immediately end the game instead of taking its sweet time grinding for value), but I am often having a legitimate dilemma: wouldn't it be better to concede on the spot and beat three other guys in the same time span?

Pictured: me beating down on the guy with mobilized district with the final card in my library (which means I cannot drop a Krasis or use Tamiyo). Offed all his shamrocks, wiped the board a few times, even stole one 20/20 giant with agent. Quite an obnoxious grind. Or an epic game with big ass creatures, if you're into that sort of thing.

If anyone's interested, here's a deck that's consistently giving me wins this season. Works in Bo1 as it is, should work in Bo3 as well.

Deck
2 Uro, Titan of Nature's Wrath (THB) 229
4 Growth Spiral (RNA) 178
2 Narset, Parter of Veils (WAR) 61
4 Teferi, Time Raveler (WAR) 221
2 Plains (THB) 279
4 Hydroid Krasis (RNA) 183
3 Shatter the Sky (THB) 37
2 Tamiyo, Collector of Tales (WAR) 220
3 Nissa, Who Shakes the World (WAR) 169
3 Elspeth Conquers Death (THB) 13
3 Knight of Autumn (GRN) 183
2 Arboreal Grazer (WAR) 149
1 Agent of Treachery (M20) 43
1 Forest (THB) 287
1 Island (THB) 281
2 Castle Ardenvale (ELD) 238
3 Fabled Passage (ELD) 244
4 Hallowed Fountain (RNA) 251
1 Temple of Enlightenment (THB) 246
1 Castle Vantress (ELD) 242
1 Blast Zone (WAR) 244
4 Breeding Pool (RNA) 246
4 Temple Garden (GRN) 258
1 Temple of Plenty (THB) 248
1 Temple of Mystery (M20) 255
1 Mobilized District (WAR) 249

Sideboard
2 Narset, Parter of Veils (WAR) 61
4 Devout Decree (M20) 13
2 Stonecoil Serpent (ELD) 235
4 Dovin's Veto (WAR) 193
1 Shatter the Sky (THB) 37
2 Aether Gust (M20) 42

Dawkinsfan69

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard
alright can someone explain to me why the fuck opponent didn't lose on his upkeep? I pass turn and he gets to play and swing??? wtf

rqDkpoZ.jpg

seriously I play my jank deck like 40 turns vs this asshole fotd bullshit and he just gets to not lose by decking??

spectre

Arcane
Totally slaying with sligh today.
6326F1936FC638495E9FE49BEC475F4310C185CB

Athough I actually had an eureka moment with this deck. I dropped all the Shocks for Leylines of Combustion. Turns out it's really doing Lord's work in the current environment. Not only Xanax starts off as an optimal 4/3, but you are no longer sad when Steam Kun eats removal directly on arrival. I think I nearly caused a Cat/Oven operator to bust a nut when he discovered pinging me with Mayhem Devil pings him back for two and he quickly conceded after Torbran. Not to mention all that shamrock nonsense thinks twice before bouncing your shit.

spectre

Arcane
It needs to say "target" explicitly. Although it's nice that it also triggers when they try to remove it. One guy tried to be smart, ordered all the effects just so... just to be burned for lethal in the end.

Cromwell

Arcane
my black auras deck evolved into gb so that it can deal with decks that are not creatures heavy
Deck
4 Hateful Eidolon (THB) 101
10 Swamp (ELD) 258
4 Dead Weight (GRN) 67
2 Kaya's Ghostform (WAR) 94
4 Aphemia, the Cacophony (THB) 84
4 Mire's Grasp (THB) 106
3 Hydra's Growth (THB) 172
1 Temple of Malady (M20) 254
4 Overgrown Tomb (GRN) 253
2 Castle Locthwain (ELD) 241
4 Mogis's Favor (THB) 107
4 Setessan Training (THB) 201
2 Season of Growth (M20) 191
4 Setessan Champion (THB) 198
6 Forest (AKH) 267
2 Inevitable End (THB) 102

if enemy doesnt have creatures to bounce your black auras off, just boost your champion or zombies or whatever.

Draw of this deck is insane, enemy once won by wiping board and having me draw a lot. Had version that I ended up scrapping, which involved dryad, nessian wanderer and dread presence. Stating this as someone might like to try it.

I copied that as much as I currently could, its fun. theres also not a drop of blue in it so I can play it without feeling like a untermensch.

spectre

Arcane
You want something more threatening in there maybe? A black cavalier or two. This would up the creature count to 14 which is close to optimal when you want to enchant your own stuff.
If you go too low, you'll end up with more crap hands than you'd like, e.g. Setessan, Season, Migis Favor, landds and no creatures.
I'd also put a little Vraska in there, something to feed your zombie tokens to, can also eat Mogis' Favor as you keep recycling it.
Biggest bummer is that Anemia cannot get a mogis favor due to low toughness.

You have too much Dead Weight (zing) and in my opinion Kaya's Ghostform should be swapped for Minion's Return. I understand the choice of Hydra's Growth, cause you're lacking the boost decks like this typically get from All that Glitters (but yeah, you don't do that here),
but it's a major risk without protection or discard against removal. Hateful Eidolon may not be around to recover card disadvantage.

Warbriar Blessing might be ain intersting include as a removal that is not entirely useless vs. creatureless, but on the whole you have two competing enchantress styles going on - getting value from enchantments dying and getting value on playing enchantments on your things, this may not click together at all things.

Cromwell

Arcane
I annoyed someone to deathw ith your deck. I had now way out only one card left and so i couldnt play any enchantments on my own creatures. I played out all I could to wittle him down but I still lacked one point in damage to finish him of and was out of options. So I played a gravedigger I still had to get one more card out in the hopes I had forgotten something useful on my graveyard which of course I hadnt since I am not playing blue and therefore I am not clinically retarded. This last move annoyed the waiting guy so much he just killed himself.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
deterministic system > RNG

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom