Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Monster Hunter World - G-rank edition. Now on PC.

Ivan

Arcane
Very much agree! You gotta tickle the player's balls a little & keep them in the dark

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
To be fair, it's less of a tickle and more of a punch if you sink 5 hours of grinding into a weapon that suddenly becomes a worthless sleep/poison weapon. Especially if you were trying to branch out into a new weapon class or it's your first run through. Maybe they should do some sort of combo- reveal some default weapon paths you can reliably get if you just need something that works and leave all the fancier stuff hidden until you explore that branch.

sullynathan

Arcane
This Zorah stuff is really annoying. I had so much money at first and now I'm struggling to even have money to upgrade my weapons. This never happened before.

Ivan

Arcane
what are you spending the money on? I'm drowning in money/points, never had anything to spend money on. Weapon/Armor upgrades hardly made a dent in my piggy bank.

Also, why on earth is the thunder trap limited to 1 per carry. Blowing one on a monster you thought was nearing its expiration means you have to go ALL THE WAY to a spawn point. UGH

Hobo Elf

Arcane
what are you spending the money on? I'm drowning in money/points, never had anything to spend money on. Weapon/Armor upgrades hardly made a dent in my piggy bank.

Also, why on earth is the thunder trap limited to 1 per carry. Blowing one on a monster you thought was nearing its expiration means you have to go ALL THE WAY to a spawn point. UGH

Just carry the materials to craft one.

Hyperion

Arcane
You're allowed to carry 3 traps on you at any given time: The EZ Trap the mission provides you with in the Chest, your own crafted one, as well as a Pitfall trap that will also work. Also as Hobo said, you can keep crafting materials on your belt, and use the Radial Menu to make one quickly.

Damned Registrations

Upgrading armour after augmenting it is expensive as fuck. If you've got money to spare and a piece you'll never take off, that's the place to dump it.

sullynathan

Arcane
I'll be honest with you, I have no clue how I went from 30,000 money to 300+ in no time. I was surprised to find that each armor part & weapon upgrade now costs 3000 - 4000 each now so a full armor set is 15,000 - 20,000 . I usually just upgraded my shit and didn't look at the price so the increase crept up on me. Now that I think about it, I spent a long time on an expedition farming and a regular non-mission expedition gives no money for doing it.

Damned Registrations

I had the same experience except I went from 300k to like 30k. To be fair I spent a chunk of that on items when I realized I could have 4 digit stacks and decided I never wanted to think about potions or jerky or bombs ever again.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
I had the same experience except I went from 300k to like 30k. To be fair I spent a chunk of that on items when I realized I could have 4 digit stacks and decided I never wanted to think about potions or jerky or bombs ever again.

Armor upgrading is expensive.

Perkel

Arcane
Use those gold/silver quest when you farm for parts.
Look for how much money they give.

Depending on rules of quest it can easily be waaaay more than normally.
I think 1 death is when you have the most money and this combines with short time limit.

Dragon's Dogma would be a better comparison than Souls imo.

Dragon's Dogma isn't anywhere near MH.
Sure it has awesome climbing but there is almost no location damage and whole combat is just spam.
You can't spam in MH or DS.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Use those gold/silver quest when you farm for parts.
Look for how much money they give.

Depending on rules of quest it can easily be waaaay more than normally.
I think 1 death is when you have the most money and this combines with short time limit.

Dragon's Dogma would be a better comparison than Souls imo.

Dragon's Dogma isn't anywhere near MH.
Sure it has awesome climbing but there is almost no location damage and whole combat is just spam.
You can't spam in MH or DS.
there is location damage in DD, but most of the time it doesnt affect anything, or incremental.

sullynathan

Arcane
It would be nice if this game could allow my wishlist to have unlimited items instead of 6 items.

I have now reached high rank, the first time I tried to in a monster hunter. I only beat low rank in freedom and portable 3rd.

Bazelguese was really fucking random. Sigh, I was going to get some cool low rank armor but it's useless now.

Ivan

Arcane
Question:

As someone who finds most of the armor sets to be hideous, I was glad to see that there is an armor overlay option (basically it cosmetically changes your appearance with a set of armor). Is there a way for us to acquire new ones of these? I only have one so far in ~30 hours of play. Do we buy these, or are these kind of like DLCs? Is the Dante set like this, or will that need to be purchased.

Also, I'm finding that armort pieces in High Rank cost ~9k a pop, before upgrading. I'm swimming in cash and wondering if people are finding themselves poor bc they're trying to buy ALL armor sets? What gives?

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Don't worry too much. The most optimal armor loadouts are mixed so you'll always look like a clown anyway. Of course that's only if you care to optimize your armor skills. I have not used any armor transmogs in MHW so I can't help you on that, but another solution may be to swap your gender as male and females have their own armor designs. Perhaps the opposing gender will have more pleasing designs.
Not why you'd bother to make every set, let alone upgrade them, but if you do then there are ways of making easy cash, Perkel already touched on that. Just do high cash hunts and sell all the monster resources you carve and get as quest rewards. You'll be swimming in zenny in no time.

Ivan

Arcane
so you'll always look like a clown anyway.

but the armor overlays would fix that. how do I acquire more of them. I have some notes I get from hunts that say "show ti to the smithy, or vendor" but Idk how..i'll fiddle with it some more...

Hyperion

Arcane
Samurai one is bought. All others are gotten through beating Archtempered versions of Elder Dragons.

Hardest content the game offers, basically.

Armor isn't too bad for High Rank. After reaching a certain point, you unlock the ability to further upgrade your armor, and it costs about 10,000Z each upgrade. So expect to spend about 300k on a single armor set.

Damned Registrations

So, behemoth is a shit fight. Can't solo him, pubbing involves retard players getting killed by tail swipes, and the hiding behind the rock mechanic doesn't even work due to shit hitboxes. Getting kind of disillusioned here, Kulve was also pretty cancerous in it's concept and deviljho, while at least an actual fight, is also pretty lame since all you can really do with 90% of the weapons is tickle his ankles while he flails around randomly.

I want some more well designed fights that involve breaking parts and tripping/ko/fatigue instead of this retarded spamming attacks in the vague direction of a monster you have no control over.

Ivan

Arcane
Is anyone experiencing a lot more crashing since the update, in fact, my game only started crashing since the update.

Happens a few times every few hours. Also, finished the story mode and am in pots game. Apparently I captured a "tempered" monster but I didn't notice anything different about it...

9BA03DC90FF7343DA7930DAD2765304DCF386DC7

Again, I use most of my points in the melding but as I said it's hard not to be swimming in cash in this game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom