Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Nioh: Feudal Era Dark Souls

Perkel

Arcane
I will say more than that. Playing nioh 1 could actively hinder your nioh 2 experience considering how much of the stuff is reused

Well if I get too stuck I will ragequit and try Nioh 2, I heard that one's easier. But not wiling to cuck out just yet.

Deflowerer

Arcane
Ok I am complete fucking garbage at this game. Just died to umbrella cunt about 10 more times. Really sick of this fucking cave mission by now. :lol: Even ended up grinding levels on all these Yokai here, because I gathered an armor set from revenants that required 9 Body and Strength to unlock it's special effects. Not that it made me any better at this fucking boss. I even tried not using my main weapon, dual swords, and going for more damaging options like odachi and spear but nope, even worse with them.

Grinding levels is pointless, at that stage grind weapons or something.

She is the first real stumbling block for most, but beating her should give you a good understanding of what to expect.

Also those who advise to skip to Nioh 2 are autists. Nioh 1 is definitely worth playing on its own. Especially if you don't plan to replay the game multiple times on NG+ difficulties, going to Nioh 2 doesn't feel redundant at all. I advice to focus on 1-2 weapons at most in Nioh 1 and then in Nioh 2 you can try out some other weapons. Most weapons change the gameplay significantly, especially if you try to master the different move set as much as possible.

I've replayed Nioh 1 3 times and Nioh 2 once, will return to beating both multiple times once I have more time however.

A lot of these weapon skills seem really boring. Like shit that activates if I switch stance during Ki pulse. That sounds like way too much hassle. Or other skills that can only be used with a sheathed weapon. Why the fuck would I ever want to sheathe a weapon in this game? Though I do like mid stance dual sword skill that makes me charge forward like a madman while swinging those swords. That looks neat.

Grinding levels is pointless, at that stage grind weapons or something.

Like I said, I only did that because I gathered a full purple armor set that required attributes I didn't have. I might grind some revenants in hopes of better weapon though.

Deflowerer

Arcane
A lot of these weapon skills seem really boring. Like shit that activates if I switch stance during Ki pulse. That sounds like way too much hassle. Or other skills that can only be used with a sheathed weapon. Why the fuck would I ever want to sheathe a weapon in this game? Though I do like mid stance dual sword skill that makes me charge forward like a madman while swinging those swords. That looks neat.

Learn to love ki pulsing. It is key to gitting gud.

Most skills are not boring at all, learn to have fun bruh: https://streamable.com/1kd2hq (Nioh 2 but basics are the same)

Ki pulsing itself is already enough of a hassle. I gotta be switching stances during it too now? Give me a fucking break with this shit.

PEACH

Arbiter
A lot of these weapon skills seem really boring. Like shit that activates if I switch stance during Ki pulse.

That's one of the most important skills in the game.

It'll become second nature with a little practice and eventually you'll be able to cycle through all of them in a row for maximum gains.

Villagkouras

Arcane
Ki pulsing itself is already enough of a hassle. I gotta be switching stances during it too now? Give me a fucking break with this shit.
I totally get you, man. Exactly why I dropped the game and in the same boss you're struggling.

It's obvious that it's a good game, probably the best souls-like (...) not created by From, but I suck so bad and the umbrella lady made this clear. I just can't get into it.

Although, I installed it once again after reading these posts. Probably just to drop it. Again.

Yeah I'm not sure if I'll be able to beat it myself if second boss is already giving me this much trouble. Sekiro on first playthrough had some pretty damn annoying bosses but I don't think any of them made me feel as stupid and hopeless as this cunt does. :lol: Well maybe Demon of Hatred but at least that garbage fight is optional.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Why the fuck would I ever want to sheathe a weapon in this game?

Iai quickdraw is the strongest and most fun move in the game.

The Hino-Enma can be a bitch. During my first playthrough, I died to her more times than I'm willing to admit, but she's a boss that really helps you to get familiar with the combat system. Just like the sneak boy in Nioh 2, once you learn how to win this encounter, the rest of the game won't be much of a problem. Of course, there are the occasional difficulty spikes, but they usually are optional and you can just leave them on hold while you get stronger and better at the game.

Last edited:

Well perhaps these games aren't for me after all then. I don't see anything fun about attack that requires me to sheathe weapon beforehand or Ki pulsing. The regular pulse itself is manageable enough but I don't want to be adding more shit on top of that. So I will play it some more but I don't want to be spending skill points on stuff like that. It's seems like overcomplicating things to me. I don't like mechanics like that. I prefer simplicity of From games I guess.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
With regards to Dark Souls, Nioh puts more emphasis on the combat than on the exploration, so its combat system is more intricate and variegated. Weapons have many active skills, and experimenting and mixing them is what makes the game so fun to me. You can definitely ignore sheathed skills for your entire playthrough, it's not like they're mandatory. Just steer away from the katana, since half its skill set is about sheathed attacks. I myself didn't use them much in my first few playthroughs, but now my favorite Nioh 2 build is a katana/dual sword wielder that constantly switches between all the various sheathed skills.

Fuck me, half a day spent trying to kill that cunt and by the end of it I only got worse at this fight. :lol: Clearly I will have a great time with this game.

Wunderbar

Arcane
Multidirectional mobs during that mission tend to drop acupuncture needles and pieces of Archer set. Archer set increases your paralysis resistance and will be very useful when fighting Hino Enma.

Also, what weapon are you using? I played Nioh 1 with Kusarigama, and despite looking rather exotic it's actually one of the least diffucult weapons to use if you don't want to learn stance switching.

Last edited:
Don't remember any Archer set pieces. But ok, I guess I need to do more grinding. :lol: Fuck I really thought this game finally clicked for me but this annoying boss making me doubt it already. Could be that I just need a break until tomorrow and then I'm gonna first try her. The good old OP Souls/Sekiro strategy.

Suicidal

Arcane
I think I'm the only retard in the world who killed the umbrella woman on the first try yet managed to die more than once to the executioner in the tutorial level who is essentially a cutscene fight.

Well if I get too stuck I will ragequit and try Nioh 2, I heard that one's easier. But not wiling to cuck out just yet.

On average I'd say it's easier but it also has a few early game roadblock fights that I found much harder than umbrella lady.

Also, what are you having trouble with specifically?

Grinding levels in Nioh is pointless (having 5 more points in a stat won't automatically make the boss easier), it's all about using the right weapon, stance(s), items and just learning and exploiting the boss's moveset. Improving your gear also helps, but you are unlikely to find much better gear than what you already have in the same area unless you farm revenants.

Also, use of Ki Pulse is enough to beat both Nioh games on normal difficulty (first playthrough), you don't have to worry about tryharding with stance switching mid combat and stuff like that.

Last edited:

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

Well perhaps these games aren't for me after all then. I don't see anything fun about attack that requires me to sheathe weapon beforehand or Ki pulsing. The regular pulse itself is manageable enough but I don't want to be adding more shit on top of that. So I will play it some more but I don't want to be spending skill points on stuff like that. It's seems like overcomplicating things to me. I don't like mechanics like that. I prefer simplicity of From games I guess.

Well, then be like me, go for axes, almost never leave high stance (Ki pulsing is useful, though) and go for later abilities that do more damage the less Stamina you have - and exhaust your stamina, while butchering your opponents.

If its any consolation, I don't think any other boss in Nioh 1 gave me as much problem as this Onna (or forced as many reloads).

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
First thing first, if you have troubles with a spesific boss for a long time just take a break. You'll probably kill it easy after.

Ki pulse is the only mechanic that you need master really, the other ones not so much. Haplo's tactic works easy enough and gets better as you find good axe sets and OP slow spell.

I think the biggest issue with this fight is that I'm fucking garbage. Thanks Team Ninja, great design there!

Another thing is I don't find it a fun challenge at all. It's a fucking dodgefest with that allows for barely any hits in between. Since I cannot block her as my Ki is depleted in couple hits from her. I hate this type of shit. It's annoying to me in same way Demon of Hatred in Sekiro was annoying. As tough as a lot of other Sekiro bosses were on first run, I didn't mind that much because I was actually having fun learning them. This fucking fight - oops lost focus for half a second there, now I'm paralyzed and watching helplessly as she comes over and finishes me. Annoying. And when a fight is annoying I get tilted more easily, naturally, and fuck up even more. So I take it there's no secret hidden way to cheese this bitch? I already died about 15 more times on her today and I'm all out of needles.

Should I expect that this is how the bosses are gonna be in this game? Because in that case I might just save myself some sanity and uninstall.

Last edited:

Deflowerer

Arcane
I think the biggest issue with this fight is that I'm fucking garbage. Thanks Team Ninja, great design there!

Another thing is I don't find it a fun challenge at all. It's a fucking dodgefest with that allows for barely any hits in between. Since I cannot block her as my Ki is depleted in couple hits from her. I hate this type of shit. It's annoying to me in same way Demon of Hatred in Sekiro was annoying. And when a fight is annoying I get tilted more easily, naturally, and fuck up even more. So I take it there's no secret hidden way to cheese this bitch? I already died about 15 more times on her today and I'm all out of needles.

Should I expect that this is how the bosses are gonna be in this game? Because in that case I might just save myself some sanity and uninstall.

I assume you run out of Ki because you suck at Ki management (pulsing). Work on that.

I don't get how you pushed through Sekiro but can't manage this.

I like deflect-attack-block-attack-attack combat. I don't like dodge-dodge-dodge-attack-dodge-dodge-dodge combat. I had enough of that shit already with hundreds hours of Souls games. Guess I'm a bit fatiqued by this sort of stuff in general at this point. But at least nothing in Souls was this annoying to me. Except some shit in DSIII I guess.

Also what do you mean Ki managament. I cannot pulse after blocks, can I? She just rapes me if I try to block.

Last edited:

Suicidal

Arcane

Another thing is I don't find it a fun challenge at all. It's a fucking dodgefest with that allows for barely any hits in between. Since I cannot block her as my Ki is depleted in couple hits from her. I hate this type of shit. It's annoying to me in same way Demon of Hatred in Sekiro was annoying. As tough as a lot of other Sekiro bosses were on first run, I didn't mind that much because I was actually having fun learning them. This fucking fight - oops lost focus for half a second there, now I'm paralyzed and watching helplessly as she comes over and finishes me. Annoying. And when a fight is annoying I get tilted more easily, naturally, and fuck up even more. So I take it there's no secret hidden way to cheese this bitch? I already died about 15 more times on her today and I'm all out of needles.

I remember one cheese move - when she flies up in the air, run under her, this will cause her to slam down and be stuck for a brief moment and if you hit her during that time you will knock her down and can do some free damage.

Also if you have the salt consumable, you can throw it at her while she's doing one of her basic combos. Salt drains stamina of all demon enemies and if their stamina becomes 0 they lose all stagger resistance for a time.

Also I assume you know that you can use the anti-paralysis item while being paralyzed.

As for what the other bosses are like, everyone has a very different experience. Personally I got stuck for a few hours on a spear dude near end game but most other fights were quite easy (until the DLCs, the DLCs are a nightmare in this game). Generally people agree that the vampire lady is one of the harder bosses in the game and if you beat her you shouldn't have much trouble beating the rest.

Also I assume you know that you can use the anti-paralysis item while being paralyzed.

Like I already said, I'm all out of needles. And cannot be arsed to farm for more. I didn't know that about salt. Too many fucking items to keep track of, just like Souls. Guess I need to force myself to read descriptions of everything now.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom