Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Obsidian General Discussion Thread

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Without any of the caravan stuff and with shit companions and worse writing, sure.

You played SoZ for the companions and writing? Interesting.

Given that it didn't have companions? Obviously not. Deadfire added companions and they sucked. My point is that DF is hardly SoZ in a better engine. They're different games, and Deadfire fails quite well all on its own.

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Volourn's still around, he's just old and posts in non-RPG threads.
Was gonna post just that. Like many Codex old timers, when you've already debated RPGs and dissected them way too many times, you lose some steam and tire of the same old discussions. People either leave, or stay for GD and new RPG info. But sometimes you can bait them into arguing RPGs.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
A proposition.
Josh, Leonard and Tim kindly ask Microsoft to buy licence and rights for Arcanum and make Arcanum 2.
Please no.

Why not? Tim and Leonard as the dynamic creative duo and Josh as team autist to firmly slap them down when they get an actually stupid idea could work out nicely.
Let's leave at least one franchise unravaged by spiritual succeeding. I don't trust Tim and Leonard to remain true to the original after all these years. Josh managed all his projects well, but his PoE ultimatley lacks the spirit of the old inspirations and is its own thing.

Wunderbar

Arcane
First-person dungeon crawler about journey to the center of Arcanum :positive:
Written by overly verbal pillars writers, powered by unreal engine 4 and sold only on epic store and winstore, janky, with dumbed down consolized mechanics :negative:
Also no more gnome/jews jokes.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Linkedin provides dates
March 2019 - Present
Narrative Lead on unannounced project.

September 2018 - March 2019
I'm part of the narrative team for The Outer Worlds. My work includes an RPG writer's greatest hits: crit path, companions, quests, and NPCs.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom