Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Odd quirks you have while playing RPGs

Self-Ejected

IncendiaryDevice

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot
Mmmm, gems.

9RI7bK0.png

Proceed to kill the most violent dragon in the game and only loot 2 rubies, 3,000 gold and a gold cup. Pah! These RPG dragons know nothing of dragon hoarding...

Currently playing DIV: OS, and the game has so far given me 3 diamonds, one of which wont stack with the other two, 2 crystals, 3 malachites & 3 star pebbles. No idea why the game has these but I'm loathe to sell them as I was expecting to make a hoard at some point. Can't really make a hoard with just 11 gems.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
I rarely if ever sell quest reward and unique items. I often collect them and place them around my player homes if the game has any.

Generic-Giant-Spider

Mmmm, gems.

9RI7bK0.png

Proceed to kill the most violent dragon in the game and only loot 2 rubies, 3,000 gold and a gold cup. Pah! These RPG dragons know nothing of dragon hoarding...

Currently playing DIV: OS, and the game has so far given me 3 diamonds, one of which wont stack with the other two, 2 crystals, 3 malachites & 3 star pebbles. No idea why the game has these but I'm loathe to sell them as I was expecting to make a hoard at some point. Can't really make a hoard with just 11 gems.

This opulent screenshot almost turned me into a Jew.

Tiger666

Novice
Mmmm, gems.

9RI7bK0.png

This is a thing of beauty.

Darth Canoli

Arcane
Do you have any strange habits or quirks that you exhibit when playing RPGs?

I kill myself every time i come across a loading screen.

When i wake up in the morgue, there's a flying talking skull telling me the game wasn't so bad and i actually enjoyed it, then it happens all over again.

Tiger666

Novice
Always turn left first in an area I haven't explored yet. Like if there's a large room with a number of doors to explore, I will always take the left door first. Also, try to avoid going through the door I'm sure leads to the next part of the main objective. I'll leave that to last and explore all other directions first.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Do you not equip boots on the females when it is an option Jarl?

I'll let this screenshot of last year's Morrowind playthrough speak for itself:

bbRdxDh.jpg

So yes. If you can actually see equipment displayed on the character (or in the inventory paperdoll) I do not equip footwear on my female characters, or equip them only with sandals if sandals are in the game.

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual
Not only do you look like a gnome...you have serious psychological problems, dude.
Get Help. Seriously.

Zep--

octavius

Arcane
Patron
Do you not equip boots on the females when it is an option Jarl?

I'll let this screenshot of last year's Morrowind playthrough speak for itself:

bbRdxDh.jpg

So yes. If you can actually see equipment displayed on the character (or in the inventory paperdoll) I do not equip footwear on my female characters, or equip them only with sandals if sandals are in the game.

Why you dirty podophile...

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual
RPGs are my help :M

Of course, you do good work in that department. But clean yourself up, man.

Aren't you in Japan? Shave, Get a haircut. Get a Waifu. You should be swimming in yellow pussy in no time.

Zep--

zwanzig_zwoelf

Graverobber Foundation
Developer
I tend to make a separate save file and then go on a killing spree if the game allows me to do it.

Once my character is killed in action, I reload that save and continue playing as if nothing happened.

IIRC this habit started when I played Fallout 3 for the first time. I just wanted to put these poor NPCs out of their misery.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
Oh yeah, that reminds me of how I kill anyone that insults me in RPGs. Same reason why I never joined Legion in New Vegas, I was always too fed up with their shit on my very first meeting. Being a wasteland psycho is fun.

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
I explore most of the open world as soon as I get access to it, talk to everyone, get all the quests, and when I'm done I forgot who the fuck were those people and why am I supposed to do these.

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
The only quirk I can think of, happens to me in any type of game. If I see a location that gives me nice feelings, or a bit of music I like, or a sound effect, or bit of gameplay, anything nice, there is a chance it will remind me of another game and then I want to play it. But it can be so unrelated. So for example in Factorio when placing a turret, it reminded me of the Halflife episode where you pick up turrets and place them in preparation for a big attack when and you have to defend. Or in an Arma3 while flying a chopper I went over a small stone castle and it instantly reminded me of a fort I used to hunt at in an MMORPG that I really loved and I wanted to just ALT F4 out of Arma to play that game right away. It tends to only happen if I am not 100% satisfied or immersed.

The only other thing I can think of is how much I hate towns in games which I explained in a recent post.

Last edited:

Beastro

Arcane
Mmmm, gems.

9RI7bK0.png

ITT we learn that ID is a gem ferret.

No doubt every RPG player is a ferret of their own sort, if only for being exp ferrets.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom