Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

deuxhero

Arcane
I hit the Rushlight Tournament. Had to reload to a save during the tournament after beating it because I forgot to talk to one of Linzi's mentors and failed the quest. Is there any way to not fall for the fake "pirate" thing since I have to redo that part anyways?

Freebooter main, lvl 11:

View attachment 11319

Uses bane weapons where appropriate for big damage spikes but default Glaive does fine too. Reach is nice with Great Cleave.

Glad its working out for you. Freebooter is a great class, if not necessarily main character material for me.
Personally not a fan of Glaives, though. Too few crits. Methinks you may need to get a hold of the Serpent Prince Fauchard.

Out of curiosity, which classes do you consider main character material?

Something charisma based or, with Eldritch Arcana, intelligence based. The main character is forced to cover a lot of persuade checks, so they might as well be good at it. Plus if you're using mercs, they're going to want to dump their charisma unless they're charisma based.

With Cure Blindness you can definitely rely on scrolls. Restoration... well, up to you, you may need a lot of such scrolls in the future.
As for Haste and similar short-lasting effects, I don't recommend it. Scrolls/wands have base spell parameters, including durations (and can't use metamagic effects). A Haste scroll will always provide that effect for measly 30 seconds (Extended Haste cast at level 10 would last 2 minutes - and 4 minutes at level 20).

Absolutely buy restoration scrolls. They don't seem to have the material component included in their price.

It's a shame the Scroll Savant's ability comes in at Level 10. I really wanted to take that, but it just doesn't work with AT. I would have really liked if they had the Arcane Savant prestige class. Hopefully someone will mod that in. It's also too bad we won't get epic levels out of this. I'd give your left foot to play an Archwizard.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

Something charisma based or, with Eldritch Arcana, intelligence based. The main character is forced to cover a lot of persuade checks, so they might as well be good at it. Plus if you're using mercs, they're going to want to dump their charisma unless they're charisma based.

The main character is not forced to do Persuasion checks, other party members can do them just fine. Unless you're willing to game the system (like me) and use "Only skill user gets xp from skills" option. But honestly, the Persuasion payoff is very low till level 13 or so. First important check is in Armag's Tomb, rest generally in Act V. So its actually fine to start investing in that skill past mid-game - and by that time you should have enough boosters not to worry about Cha at all.
Even if you do game the system, before that time you can have Valerie, Linzi or someone else on Persuasion duty. Early game Trickery provides much better xp payoff (but drops off at midgame :) ).
There's that one zone with a nymph and her bodyguards who enchanted a certain trader, which offers good xp but... it's just one such nice early game check so you may be generous, let someone else pass it and share the xp.

The only case where its good to have high Persuasion before mid-game would be Nok-Nok's goblin camp book brawl with the goblin king. But that's only one event in the whole game and again, you can buff your Persuasion sufficiently even with negative Cha.

razvedchiki

Erudite
So for the respec thing,i talked to the elf lady at the tavern where you buy mercs to respec my main a couple of times but now when i talk to her i dont get the option to respec at all?bug?
Im using a pre 2.06 save to try out various builds.

So about a tank paladin build,would a dex/charisma build with 1 lvl of monk for char to ac work?

razvedchiki

Erudite
Also about the turn based mod,does it make the battles easier?since its basically still real time but the enemies just froze in place doing nothing untill they get their turn.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Your characters also freeze till its their turn :)

Yes, it does make the battles much less chaotic, much more deliberate, planned - thus much easier.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Your characters also freeze till its their turn :)

Yes, it does make the battles much less chaotic, much more deliberate, planned - thus much easier.

There’s something almost Amish in preferring to model a continuous phenomenon with a discrete system due to the earliest (PnP) models that sought to do so being (perforce) discrete.

Last edited:

deuxhero

Arcane

The main character is not forced to do Persuasion checks, other party members can do them just fine.

I was referring to ones in the capital. I think there's a few in companion quests where you have to go one just one person as well.

Desiderius

Patron

The main character is not forced to do Persuasion checks, other party members can do them just fine.

I was referring to ones in the capital. I think there's a few in companion quests where you have to go one just one person as well.

Yeah, it’s just more convenient. I haven’t had the balls to try a low Persuasion main yet.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron

Frankly I don't remember any checks of importance in the capital. The only case I remember where personal Persuasion is handy is Nok-Nok's fight.

Desiderius

Patron

Frankly I don't remember any checks of importance in the capital. The only case I remember where personal Persuasion is handy is Nok-Nok's fight.

Later in his companion chain too with the Barghest if I’m not mistaken.

Cael

Arcane
I think there are options other then Persuasion at that point.
giphy.gif

Desiderius

Patron
Check out the radius on this teamwork feat (Harrim is a Monster Tactician with Shake it Off):

Shake it off.jpg

Desiderius

Patron
Steam downloaded a 150mb patch, what is for?

Bugfix without anything that matters or has been repeatedly reported. F11 = circular file. You do get the proper Thanademon, so there's that, and evidently Feybane was broken.

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
There is patchnotes for 2.0.7 https://steamcommunity.com/games/Pathfinder_Kingmaker/announcements/detail/1615025306704831608
Please be aware of plot spoilers in the description below!

Classes

• Strength Surge, Cleric's strength domain ability, did not work on allies. Resolution: fixed.
  • The Russian description of the Touch of Good ability (Good domain) incorrectly mentioned that it gave a bonus equal to the level of the class that granted access to that domain. In fact, the bonus amounted to half of the class level. Resolution: fixed.
  • Remove Fear did not work against Frightful Presence. Resolution: fixed.
  • Magic Fang and Greater Magic Fang did not show up on characters as a buff. Resolution: fixed.
  • Studied Target, Freebooter's Bane and Quarry abilities now work correctly when used by different characters on one target.
  • Resistant Touch ability of the Protection Domain was not giving bonuses to the target. Resolution: fixed.
  • Feybane ability of the Defender of the True World (Druid’s archetype) did not provide bonuses to saving throws against fey. Resolution: fixed.
  • Sorcerers and Eldritch Scions with the Arcane or Sage bloodline were unable to use their Bond item to restore spells. Resolution: fixed.

Items

• Cloak of Sold Souls summoned a friendly Thanadaemon. Resolution: fixed.
  • Mail of Clear Skies was not considered a light armor. Resolution: fixed.
  • Thundering Claw of the Bear God did not work with Beast Shape III; Call Lighting was cast also if an animal companion landed a critical hit. Resolution: fixed.
  • Disruption Thundering Heavy Flail +2 was a regular flail, not a heavy one. Resolution: fixed.
  • Bleed inflicted by Serrator did not work in the first round. Resolution: fixed.
  • The effect of Tangled Claws did not have any visuals on a target. Resolution: fixed.
  • Skin of the Rough Beast had incorrect sounds and ability visuals. Besides, the ability affected not only enemies. Resolutions: fixed.
  • Scroll of Cape of Wasps had DC = 0. Resolution: fixed.
  • Blakemoor's grimoire description was not properly displayed. Resolution: fixed.
  • Ring of Circumstances now correctly continues to grant its bonuses after resting. The Narrow Path amulet checked the alignment of the wearer instead of the target. Resolution: fixed.
  • Mail of Clear Skies had incorrect stats. Resolution: fixed.
  • Lycanthrope Bane Disruption Club +3 had an incorrect price. Resolution: fixed.
  • Singing Steel Breastplate had an incorrect price. Resolution: fixed.
  • Adamantine Breastplate +3 had an incorrect price. Resolution: fixed.
  • The Bladed Plate item incorrectly appeared in Kaessi’s house in the capital. Resolution: fixed.

Miscellaneous

• Some new locations for random encounters did not have names. Resolution: fixed.
  • The icon to exit the Silverstep Grove area was located too low. Resolution: fixed.
  • Fixed a collision problem on the stairs of the Academy of Grand Arts in Pitax.
  • Sometimes players could get stuck in the Owlbear cage at the Stag Lord's Fort. Resolution: fixed.
  • In some cases, players could hear the crying woman near the Bridge over the Gudrin River even if she had already left. Resolution: fixed.
  • In the dungeons under the Old Sycamore, the player could first sent Harrim to Oleg’s Trading Post and then dismiss all the companions. After that, Harrim would remain in the party but his companion dialogue would become unavailable. Resolution: fixed.
  • In the Troll Lair, the “Tell Ekun about our victory” objective appeared even if the player had already killed Ekun on the first encounter. Resolution: fixed.
  • At the Capital Tavern, citizens sometimes got broken and stopped sitting at the tables. Resolution: fixed.
  • The first dialogue with Darven in the Deal with the Devil quest could be repeated erroneously. Resolution: fixed.

A friendly reminder: while we deeply admire the contribution that mod authors make to our game, we would like you to remember that running custom modifications can lead to unexpected bugs and crashes. Unfortunately, if you encounter any issues while playing with mods, our team will not be able to help you. If this happens, please report these issues to the mod's original creator. Also, remember that after each game update, there is a high probability of previously installed mods not functioning properly. If you wish to play with mods anyway, disabling auto-updates might prevent your save files from becoming corrupted.

Last edited by a moderator:

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Yeah I wonder how many dozens of bug reports they've got for:

- Sorcerers and Eldritch Scions with the Arcane or Sage bloodline were unable to use their Bond item to restore spells. Resolution: fixed.

Desiderius

Patron
goodbye free +3 plate

At least I won’t have “Harrim deals 0 damage (reduced)” spam in my combat log anymore.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom