Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

Shadenuat

Arcane
Your CMD is based around your STR, DEX, BAB, Feats and against Trip it's also Size and amount of legs (but that I'm not sure you can change even as a Druid probably, I doubt you get a bonus for having 4 legs instead of 2).

In my opinion Heavy Armor / Shield should also work but I'm not sure that's like so in Pathfinder and not in this game. And since Valerie has low STR & DEX of course she get stomped by wolves all the time.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
The best fairly early defense against tripping wolves (as well as other attacks) is Mirror Image. If they can't bite you, they can't Trip you. Eventually on martial oriented characters you become mostly immune due to CMD growth.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Overall I really liked this game but the ending has just ground me down. I can't drum up the stamina to finish the house outside time or whatever it's called

Shadenuat

Arcane
it's 30 minutes run if you know what to do. u just need to reach blue fog room. (or break it with Dimension Door if they did not fix it)

HATEOT still sucks tho, especially if you played DLC dungeon before.

Xeon

Augur
It feels like I am getting less exp than I did when the game first came out, could be wrong and missremembering.

I kinda want to start over, not having that much fun with the class. I saw a post about Monk, Paladin, Druid and Sorcerer being the classes not being filled by companions so I figured I'll play one of them as a pure class. Any recommendations?

Cael

Arcane
It feels like I am getting less exp than I did when the game first came out, could be wrong and missremembering.

I kinda want to start over, not having that much fun with the class. I saw a post about Monk, Paladin, Druid and Sorcerer being the classes not being filled by companions so I figured I'll play one of them as a pure class. Any recommendations?
Paladin or Druid. Be the knight in shining armour or the class that has class features more powerful than entire classes.

Yosharian

Arcane
So they added this Feral Wings thing to Alchemists. So Alchemists can get the Wings feat (that insanely overpowered +3 AC thing) if they get Feral Mutagen.

But of course, they didn't add any code to make it mutually exclusive to the actual Wings feat.

So if you're an Aasimar Alchemist, you can get both. They stack, I've tested it. And the visuals for both appear, and clip with each other.

Never change, Owlcat. Never change.

Thonius

Arcane

Drakron

Arcane
So they added this Feral Wings thing to Alchemists. So Alchemists can get the Wings feat (that insanely overpowered +3 AC thing) if they get Feral Mutagen.

They might as well remove all class not Alchemist ... Jesus Christ.

Delterius

Arcane

But of course, they didn't add any code to make it mutually exclusive to the actual Wings feat.

So if you're an Aasimar Alchemist, you can get both. They stack, I've tested it. And the visuals for both appear, and clip with each other.

Never change, Owlcat. Never change.
1398188426386.jpg

Simple Simon

Scholar
I was finishing Armag's Tomb last night and struggling with Armag. Then, I lucked out when i hit Armag with constricting coils just as he was charging Tristian:dance:He just melted after that. The next secret room with the 3 bloody bones beasts was a tougher fight until I thought to drop grease and blade barrier on the entryway. The spell combos are a lot of fun. :D

zapotec

Liturgist
Damn i can't beat varnhold's lot final fight, my character is a kinetic knight while the rest of the party are the 3 default guys:
Freeboter, Halflong scaled fist and the wwf cleric.

All are level 9 and even buffed i cannot kill the boss before he dps me down, isn't the shield spell supposed to block magic missiles?

purpleblob

Savant
Damn i can't beat varnhold's lot final fight, my character is a kinetic knight while the rest of the party are the 3 default guys:

All are level 9 and even buffed i cannot kill the boss before he dps me down, isn't the shield spell supposed to block magic missiles?

The strategy I used (I also had default companions + Paladin as my main) was to tank mimic with my pally while the rest dps down skull boss quickly, then switch immediately back to mimic before it spawns little ones. I gained an item that gives me legendary proportion which really helped as well.

Yosharian

Arcane

The strategy I used (I also had default companions + Paladin as my main) was to tank mimic with my pally while the rest dps down skull boss quickly, then switch immediately back to mimic before it spawns little ones. I gained an item that gives me legendary proportion which really helped as well.
Wait which fight is this?

Edit: oh is this the DLC? Nevermind

Xeon

Augur
I wish there was a way to speed up traveling, feels kinda of a drag, bonus point for slowing down combat as well a little bit as well.

I saw a post about using cheat engine but that's not really good either since then will need to keep changing speed for combat and travel. Wish there was an option to speed up and slow down speed like in PoE.

Yosharian

Arcane
I wish there was a way to speed up traveling, feels kinda of a drag, bonus point for slowing down combat as well a little bit as well.

I saw a post about using cheat engine but that's not really good either since then will need to keep changing speed for combat and travel. Wish there was an option to speed up and slow down speed like in PoE.
Yeah and the random encounters are fucking annoying too

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
There is Kingdom projects that reduce chances of random encounters, available on Security ranks. Not that are ever used them - there is no way I'd refuse from extra XP along the way.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom