Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Quake Champions - multiplayer hero shooter from id Software

CreamyBlood

Arcane
I'm a big CTF fan, only played this for a few hours on a free demo weekend several months back and thought it was 'okay' but didn't really get into it. I'm probably too old for these types of games now but Q3 was the pinnacle of getting into 'the zone'. I played a tonne of Team Arena and CTF in Q3. Great games.

I'm surprised that they don't have CTF yet, it helps for less twitchy players to enjoy it without having to be absolute masters while contributing to the match. I'm surprised this isn't on life support yet. With that online Q3 revival thing they had, they somehow managed to suck the fun out of it, or I was just getting old. Lack of gibs (maybe I turned those on) but it didn't feel the same.

Oh well, I'm thinking the ultimate twitch shooting game died many years ago. Day of Infamy and the like are closer to what I liked back then, (ET PRO) and have a good class based asymmetrical system working. Not sure why they can't make a simplier Q3 work in the modern age. Whatever.

No CTF, really? Yes, you have to make a good map for it but seriously, this game has been out for a long time now. In the day of MP and COOP you'd think it would be a no-brainer.

Last edited:

abija

Prophet
Engine shits itself already in 2v2 on small maps. When they tried to promote sacrifice as next gen esport you could see top end pcs crawling during 3v3 or 4v4 battles on maps slightly bigger than q3dm6.

abija

Prophet
Second year (100% success so far) when they release a TERRIBLE patch just before winter mini holidays.

Maggot

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
I remember the "devs" (id community/esport managers and worthless positions like that, not the actual ruskies developing the game) talking so much shit about other arena fps, and even Quake 1 SP in whatever Quake discord they could shill QC in. Feels good seeing their game die quicker than any other iteration of Quake.

abija

Prophet
Still runs like shit, there's probably nothing to be done with that terrible engine. Also for some reason I had lvl 1....

Venser

Erudite
Because they reseted the progression and reworked the store and micro transactions.

Last edited:

abija

Prophet
Maybe, just maybe, don't fucking restrict content on level when doing that. Or maybe give people with 1000h in game lvl 10 instead of 1.

Guess you can't expect common sense from morons that keep SMALL 1v1 maps in 8 player ffa rotation...

Also shit like this is getting ridiculous: https://i.imgur.com/vtekoQW.png

Can it be played offline, I know there are bots availabale but I mean with no constant internet connection?

What about modding, still impossible (if so - a heresy for a Quake gaem)?

Squid

Arbiter
Quake :bounce:
Champions :negative:

I'm kinda surprised this game has this many players, I thought people were done with it.
PsaBS8v.png

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
Under 1000 players in 2k19 = dead game.
I'm impressed it still has 600 though. Artifact has less than that.

Squid

Arbiter
I'm not saying the game is dead. I'm saying I'm surprised it has this many. I've played games with similar average and peak playerbase numbers plenty. I'm just surprised it hasn't bit the dust from what I've heard about it.

SkiNNyBane

Liturgist
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Cunting players is kind of misleading because even with a million normies playing tdm, it would be boring as fuck farming them all day (see apex). I only care about population of decent players which is impossible to figure out.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
As long as the good will of the publisher is still there. Hard guess, if they stop supporting it within the next 2 years, it probably has 5 to 10 years left. I doubt anyone would even want to revive some shit like this with private servers anyway once it does die.

abija

Prophet
If (when) they stop supporting it, it closes servers and dies in less than a year.

Venser

Erudite
Looks like they're getting desperate, finally bringing back the classic duel with time limit instead of round bullshit.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom