Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Realms Beyond Kickstarter campaign concludes, three stretch goals achieved

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Ceres Games; Realms Beyond: Ashes of the Fallen

The Realms Beyond Kickstarter successfully concluded today, having raised €120,709 from 2,653 backers. The community really came together in the final hours, busting through the second & third stretch goals and securing the participation of writers Casey Hollingshead & Scott Hamm and composer Kai Rosenkranz. Here's the victory update from Ceres:

Phew, what a month! Those last thirty campaign days have been a proper rollercoaster ride and felt more like half a year. But losing sleep, going a bit more grey and not seeing much of the world outside has all been worth it. The show of your support just knocked our socks off!
We’re lost for words to thank everyone. We’ve said it so many times, but can’t really repeat it often enough: THANKS!

Without all the 2648 backers from the US, Germany, UK, Canada, France, Australia, Sweden, Spain, Italy, Belgium, China and many, many more countries, nothing would have happened. But with all of you, this campaign has been a resounding success! We still can’t believe that the campaign has been funded 120%. It was fully funded three days ago and we smashed three stretch goals! We’re more than excited to get stuck in to carry on working with our team, including Edwin Pickett and the people at OnlySound, and of course with Francesca on the map, Casey and Scott on the writing and Kai on additional sound tracks.

All your comments, questions and feedback have been invaluable.
Now begins the long wait for the combat beta, early access and final release. I'm told that there are more updates planned that Ceres didn't have time to get to during the campaign, but in the immediate term, they intend to set up a Backerkit site so that people can continue pledging. Maybe we can still get that Monk stretch goal at some point.

wtrboy

Novice
I like the stretch goals...think they will add a lot of polish to the game, looking forward to the release but not the long wait.

Junmarko

† Cristo è Re †
Patron
Now begins the long wait for the combat beta, early access and final release.
Any idea how much of the game is complete? Early Access "late 2019" seems a bit far off. Would be much more inclined to back if Early Access was granted upfront - as it seems there a decent chunk of something playable.

I like their confidence though. Gameplay footage looks promising.

Last edited:

Jvegi

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I wish the could've gotten Guildenstern as well.
His presence will be sorely missed.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom