Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Resident Evil 2 Remake

Momock

Augur
Just the way the character turns around shows that it shouldn't be played with "new controls", it's painful to watch (there isn't new animations for it).

Anthedon

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Played for a bit now. The high praise the remake gets is deserved. I was a little skeptical about the free camera initially but it works. The police station looks fantastic, the character models are superb (especially Ada). Now excuse me, a very large man with a fedora is chasing me.

BlackGoat

Arbiter
Got this fucking thing on discount and it keeps crashing on me no matter how I put the settings wtf

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Got this fucking thing on discount and it keeps crashing on me no matter how I put the settings wtf
When I played RE7, one day there was some kind of patch that broke the executable ... "REENGINE"? Is that it? Anyway, it turned out there was a driver issue that was patched and fixed within a couple weeks. If REENGINE sounds familiar in the error messages, try updating/reverting your video drivers.

Ezekiel

Arcane
The classic outfits are unlockables, among some weapons and game modes. The Claire one is pretty werid tho, I recommend downloading a mod for it.

21-1552374625-1167531846.jpeg

It looks way better in game

87c3460b44abe76e8b683e1c888ad6f1o.png
All of those look freaking dumb. Not sure why you wouldn't just go with the stylish leather jacket.

Psquit

Arcane
Solid 8/10. The game has problems (fuck sherry), so far I'm enjoying the experience best resident evil game since... 3 (code veronica is cool but the backtracking)

I understand that is not a carbon copy of re 2 and that no longer uses fixed camera angles but in my opinion that shit is old... a product of hardware limitation (look at silent hill). Re 1 remake was good, too good in my opinion (raised the bar too high).

JDR13

Arcane
Solid 8/10. The game has problems (fuck sherry), so far I'm enjoying the experience best resident evil game since... 3 (code veronica is cool but the backtracking)

I actually think RE 3 is the worst of the classics. It's still a good game on it's own, but I put it behind 1, 2, and CV.

I actually think RE 3 is the worst of the classics. It's still a good game on it's own, but I put it behind 1, 2, and CV.

I agree on it being the worst of the classics. Those others? I played them over and over again. In fact I think RE2 is the game that fried my original Playstation. I would leave that thing running for 10+ hours some days playing RE2 repeatedly. I know 1 and 2 by heart. 3? Played it once and meh, that was it. Very clear it was made by the B Team while the RE2 guys made CV.

JDR13

Arcane
After RE 3 remake maybe they will Remake Code veronica.

I'm surprised they haven't already tbh, but I guess they want to stick to chronological order.

If and when they remake Code Veronica, I hope they keep the isometric camera like they did with REmake.

Last edited:

Wunderbar

Arcane
We don't need Veronica's remake. It's a pants on head retarded game with shit anime plot, cringe characters, shitty gameplay full of idiotic design decisions, dumb puzzles and excessive backtracking. I'm still furious about that shitty room with parasitic moths in Antarctica, that you need to backtrack through a dozen times. I'd rather replay RE6 that this garbage.

They'll have to redo the whole plot and every location to make it somewhat playable.

JDR13

Arcane
We don't need Veronica's remake. It's a pants on head retarded game with shit anime plot, cringe characters, shitty gameplay full of idiotic design decisions, dumb puzzles and excessive backtracking. I'm still furious about that shitty room with parasitic moths in Antarctica, that you need to backtrack through a dozen times. I'd rather replay RE6 that this garbage.

They'll have to redo the whole plot and every location to make it somewhat playable.

Buddy, you just went full :retarded:

Wunderbar

Arcane
CV's knife was overpowered because devs failed to design proper ammo and weapons management in such a long and bloated game.
They've also made at least two situations where having your best weapons in Claire's inventory will result in a really bad time with Chris, because Claire would no longer be playable for a long time.

TheHeroOfTime

Arcane
Code veronica is hard sometimes, and not always for good reasons. Some bosses are so poorly designed that the devs added the "continue" option in the main menu, where you can restart the bossfight of your current playthrough instantly if you die. Take the unintuitive first encounter against the tyrant as an example. Where the first thing that crosses your mind is to run the monster from one of the sides but you can't, you have to take him down. Otherwise, he pushes you on the fire insta-killing you. Other boss than can kill you in one hit is Alexia if she grabs you. The older RE games tend to save that kind of shit exclusively for some final bosses. Like the final Birkin form in RE2. Shit, even Nemesis does never one shot you for free, as far so strong and so dangerous he's supposed to be in his game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom