Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Star Trek - I don't even...

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Ooooh, the hate potential is strong in this one.

circ

Arcane
Had this featured the Shat and Nimoy and so on.. Well Scotty is dead. DeForest too. Hmm. Well most of the original cast, I would have played it just for the characters. But teeny boppers in space, PASS.

Dexter

Arcane
Remember when they used to still make actual "Star Trek" games and not this Gears of War crap?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
The Interplay Star Trek adventure games were great, especially Judgement Rites. A Final Unity in contrast felt a bit soulless (though I loved the ingame Star Trek database)

Gord

Arcane
I liked A final Unity, but have to admit that I didn't play the other Trek adventures (only the RTS games).
Had a few unintentionally funny moments, though.

Edit: And Elite Force 2. Not completely bad, either. For an FPS.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!

circ

Arcane
Yeah the space RTS games were good. When they decided to work. Forget the names, think there was one then its sequel. Obsidian had nothing on their bugs.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Yeah Judgement Rights was really good. I enjoyed that. Wish they would have made more of those. :(

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
I remember Star Trek: TNG on the Genesis. That was a game where you actually did Star Trek shit - scanning anomalies, exploring the galaxy as you wished, getting ambushed by Romulans, and going on away missions on uncharted worlds. But I guess science fiction isn't cool unless you're using it to blow people up.

EDIT: Jesus fuck this game looks terrible. Tricorder = detective mode. :lol:

Garm

Learned
*Sigh*...The Star Trek IP would work so well as an open world ship-based exploration RPG/Strategy game...instead they chose to make a glorified Mass Effect 2 mod.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Not unless they dropped the inane arcade parts.

I know, let's mix two opposite genres together, sound good?
Arcade parts were skippable in JR. One of many reasons it's superior to 25th and a very, very good game in its own right.

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
When Bethesda still held the IP, didn't they approach Obsidian for a Star Trek RPG but were laughed out of the building?

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Looks more bland than new COD/BF 4 :hero: Always knew Star Fagots were for fags but at least old Adventure games were well made.... This crap has actors looking like Retards, bad animations and Cover shoota mechanics. :declining: Don't even know for who they made this shit... Trakkies will hate it for cover shooting part and COD crowd won't play game that force you to run around as Dawn victim dressed up in gay yellow shirt. Worst Faces since Oblivion. :retarded:

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
When Bethesda still held the IP, didn't they approach Obsidian for a Star Trek RPG but were laughed out of the building?

The site that shall not be named said:
"We've talked to the Bethesda guys more than once about doing games," Urquhart said. "They called me once about Star Trek, and I was probably being a little bit too much, too arrogant of a developer... This would've been like 2007—way before the movies—and it was like, Star Trek wasn't in a good place. I don't know what I said, but I now know it probably sounded arrogant."

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I remember Star Trek: TNG on the Genesis. That was a game where you actually did Star Trek shit - scanning anomalies, exploring the galaxy as you wished, getting ambushed by Romulans, and going on away missions on uncharted worlds. But I guess science fiction isn't cool unless you're using it to blow people up.

EDIT: Jesus fuck this game looks terrible. Tricorder = detective mode. :lol:

FINALLY someone gets what Star Trek is about. The Codex is full of faggots that think the 2009 movie was awesome. Or they're just trolling. Can't discount that.

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
It's not Star Trek unless it's slow, boring, and just cheesy enough to make you wonder if the show should be taken seriously.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
The Codex is full of faggots that think the 2009 movie was awesome.

Is it? :eek:
I choose to believe Codex is full of reasonable, educated, well-mannered and generally sublimely refined people.
Must be trolling then.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom