Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Star Trek - I don't even...

aris

Arcane
Looks like shit

Gord

Arcane
I'm confused. I thought most of the Star Trek movies were pretty shitty. Seems that 2009 was par for the course.

The Star Trek movies were quite shitty, but the 2009 film was made specifically to appeal to people who look like this:

guidos.jpg

Hence, it is downright offensive on top of being shit.

Nah, with its subverted, ironic take on Star Trek, I think the movie was more trying to appeal to this people:
Hipster-Winter-Cup-2013.jpg

Deuce Traveler

2012 Newfag
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Dexter , I never saw Final Unity before, but that clip makes me want to play it. My mom is nearing 60 and is retired, so she has a lot of free time. She has been watching all the Star Trek reruns and loves them. I mentioned how I liked Star Trek: Starfleet Command and she just purchased the game. o_O I don't know if she can even install it. I mean, she used to kick my butt with Pong and Pac-Man on the Atari 2600 when I was 8, but that was some time ago. I'm heading over in a couple of weeks and am going to load Star Trek: 25th Anniversary Edition for her and Judgement Rights since I think they'll be more her speed. I'll show her a bit of Star Trek: Starfleet Command and while I'm at it, I'll see if I can find Star Trek: Final Unity. Too bad GOG doesn't have it...

Back on topic, that new game looks like shit.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Dexter , I never saw Final Unity before, but that clip makes me want to play it. My mom is nearing 60 and is retired, so she has a lot of free time. She has been watching all the Star Trek reruns and loves them. I mentioned how I liked Star Trek: Starfleet Command and she just purchased the game. o_O I don't know if she can even install it. I mean, she used to kick my butt with Pong and Pac-Man on the Atari 2600 when I was 8, but that was some time ago. I'm heading over in a couple of weeks and am going to load Star Trek: 25th Anniversary Edition for her and Judgement Rights since I think they'll be more her speed. I'll show her a bit of Star Trek: Starfleet Command and while I'm at it, I'll see if I can find Star Trek: Final Unity. Too bad GOG doesn't have it...

Back on topic, that new game looks like shit.

Judgement Rites.

Interplay's TOS games are better than A Final Unity in terms of writing, story and puzzles IMO, but be warned, their user interface is kind of weird/clunky. Music and sound effects tend to be minimalistic (although the CD-ROM versions have voice acting by the original cast which is awesome)

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
This glorious masterpiece from creators of the fabulous Bioshock 2 is coming fast so here's a little something for y'all :obviously: games afficionados.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

KamelĂĄsĂĄ!
Patron
FINALLY someone gets what Star Trek is about. The Codex is full of faggots that think the 2009 movie was awesome. Or they're just trolling. Can't discount that.

The 2009 movie was NOTHING like Star Trek. For starters it was actually slightly enjoyable to watch, unlike the banalshitboring shows Trekkies have been lapping up for decades.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
The 2009 movie was NOTHING like Star Trek. For starters it was actually slightly enjoyable to watch, unlike the banalshitboring shows Trekkies have been lapping up for decades.

That statement amounts to: "Mass Effect 3 was actually enjoyable to play, unlike all the stupid stuffy RPGs of old with ugly graphics and boring combat".

Yes ST 2009 was colourful, flashy and "dynamic", but utterly without soul, character, depth or a smidge of an original thought. Don't get me wrong, Star Trek as a whole is no timeless masterpiece of shakespearean import but one or two movies and a couple of episodes are genuinely great sci-fi pieces with a great deal of added value to the standard shooty spacey romp. ST 2009 is just a cotton candy.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

KamelĂĄsĂĄ!
Patron

That statement amounts to: "Mass Effect 3 was actually enjoyable to play, unlike all the stupid stuffy RPGs of old with ugly graphics and boring combat".

Nah. Saying all RPGs are similar to Mass Effect is like saying all Sci-Fi is similar to Star Trek. And there's plenty of good Sci-Fi around. Star Trek just isn't it.

It's like saying Mask of the Betrayer actually had an interesting plot, unlike the shite that was NWN2 OC and SoZ.

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Digital Extremes only made the multiplayer portion of BS2. Aka the "noone gives a shit about this" portion of the game.
Meh. Digital Extremes are devs for hire. Decently talented but not surprising a lot of their stuff is ho-hum considering it's usually made on a budget and with a strict timeframe. They can't control whether something is a cheap cash-in or not. Their work is overall pretty good considering what they have to work with most of the time.

chestburster

Savant
Illiterate
Digital Extremes only made the multiplayer portion of BS2. Aka the "noone gives a shit about this" portion of the game.

They made Darkness 2 which is surprisingly good. The Warframe F2P game they made is also decent.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
He's the most fucking annoying person in the gaming journalism scene. I actually wouldn't mind if he dies under mysterious circumstances.

"oh look at me I'm so angry I'm taking it up the butt from a lot of publishers I'm so angry cheque please."

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom