Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Starfield Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

RapineDel

Augur
I just want Starfield showcase at E3.

What are the chances Starfield gets November release this year?

Zero, it was only announced to play down the fact that FO76 was multiplayer only, same with ES VI.

It's why Activision Blizzard missed the mark, by simply announcing a potential Diablo IV with no gameplay and a cheap trailer the backlash to Immortal would've been minuscule. It didn't even have to be a real game, they could quietly 'cancel' it years later if they have no intention of making it.

Loostreaks

Learned
I really wonder what this is going to be because I can't imagine it's just TES/Fallout in space. Gamebryo/Creation/Whatever would be terrible for any kind of space flight.

There was that funny leak that could go both ways.

dQwFD7s.jpg

"Space combat doesn't work in this engine".

Nonsense. Anyone remembers that epic Zeta ending?

Possibly Retarded The Real Fanboy
Is dat true that Starfield takes place in the future/space version of Fallout universe?
There will be Space Mutants and Giant Space Radroaches , plus Space Preston ,
and Space Cloud District where i can go very often , right?
Is that true i can get space laser in the knee or drink Star Cola just after
i choose 3 words dialogue option for all of 12 NPC's living in the Space ?

And i heard that it will be same engine that Arena and Battlespire works on , later moved to Daggerfall, Redguard and Morrowind, Oblivion, next to Skyrim, Fallout 4 and Fallout 76 and ES VI , it is really good becouse i love pasting same INI LINES since Oblivion to make this fuckin games works 500% better than their vanilla counterparts.
Im really excited as fuck. And all that godies just 10 years away!

Last edited:
Cmdr. Shepard was in Valut 13 , and i saw Minsc wandering around Mariposa Base in searching for a radiated hamster, just after Grey and Harold came in.
Not to mention best friends of Set in Necropolis were Smiling Jack and Strauss.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane

Everyone already knew the reason Bethesda went to shit after Morrowind was because of the hyper jews at ZeniMax.

Now this stuff about the game wenting trough more revisions than Grimoire is pretty interesting.
The engine is clearly a major technical constraint here. So why won't their headquarters accept a new engine?

Actually Zenimax ESO is much better crpg game with better quests and storyline than last 2 ES single crpg games from Bethesda. Try it for yourself.
Its hard for me to say it but i was enlightened in last few days. :hailcthulhu:
As im playing it to the bone and Lord have mercy, ESO is better crpg than Skyrim or Fallout 4 , BAH ! At last 10 times better [ which is not so hard to achieve by the way ] /

Last edited:

ADL

Prophet
I mean is it so hard to believe that a non-Bethesda studio treated their property better than they do themselves? This seems to be a constant at this point.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
What's hard to believe is the fact their HQ, according to that leak, have been constantly sabotaging their studios work. Why? Do they want to go bankrupt?

jf8350143

Liturgist
The corporate always wants more money, and a well made RPG will never make more money than a well made multi-player game with tons of micro-transaction. So they force people to make multi-player games instead of single player RPG.

Except they forget that a shit Multi-player game will not make more money than a well made single player RPG. Shit, fallout 4 sells more than a 10 million copies, I doubt Anthem and Fallout 76 combined made that much money, and it's not even a great game.

But hey ,to the corporate all video games are the same, if you can make a good RPG, it means you can make a good multi-player game.

user

Savant
There was that funny leak that could go both ways.

dQwFD7s.jpg

I googled BCCI but I don't get what Board of Control for Cricket in India has to do with this...
Anyway, whole thing seems fake. Doesn't look like insider-info.

As im playing it to the bone and Lord have mercy, ESO is better crpg than Skyrim or Fallout 4 , BAH ! At last 10 times better [ which is not so hard to achieve by the way ] /

Nearly anything is a much better rpg than Fallout 4. But ESO a better rpg than Skyrim? Not that Skyrim is deep or anything, but ESO is the copy/paste of any MMOrpg formula every created.

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
On top of that you can tell it's horse shit for a bunch of reasons.

1. People never shit-talk their company this much unless they're a shitty employee and a Source Of Problems.
2. People that work in companies like this never have such ridiculous omni-views of their entire corporation and its workings, only the highest higher-ups know this kind of shit.
3. We know next to nothing about Starfield, and this whole "We're trying to make space combat work!!" thing is just bullshit. Prove it or fuck off. Same with claiming that "entire studios" are trying to fix these. Fix what? Show me. Prove it. Name names, or you're a liar.
4. "The Story Has Been Rewritten TWICE!" (CAPS FOR EMPHASIS). Stories are rewritten non-stop in video games. This attempt at hoaxing a problem is due to someone who never wrote for a video game in their life thinking that video game stories are like novels. You should be aggressively rolling your eyes at the concept that an entire game's worth of levels have been scrapped, because there's just so much to unpack there, but they wouldn't scrap an entire game's worth of content because the story had to be rewritten because space combat doesnt work. That shit would show up somewhere else, get used somewhere else. It's a time and money thing, unless it was so early stage(concept level) that scrapping it wasn't a huge loss of money. And what exactly is a "game's worth" of "levels and bosses"?

Basically, he outed himself as a retard the minute he claimed Bethesda scrapped a Betheshda game's worth of content because the story wouldn't fit, despite the fact that he already claimed they rewrote the story to accommodate for missing space combat. But they wouldn't rewrite the story to fit in all that garbage?

That's all nice but I still prefer to think of Bethesda going full bioware and just falling apart.

Self-Ejected

The Game Analists

Self-Ejected
Even if the 4chan post above is fake, its a Bethesda game. You will see a shit ton of bugs and broken features.

Yes, the game will almost certainly be a broken POS, but following Bethesda trends, each release has been less buggy than the last. Until Fallout 76, which bucked the trend and cucked my friend.

Yosharian

Arcane

Everyone already knew the reason Bethesda went to shit after Morrowind was because of the hyper jews at ZeniMax.

Now this stuff about the game wenting trough more revisions than Grimoire is pretty interesting.
The engine is clearly a major technical constraint here. So why won't their headquarters accept a new engine?

someone literally, in that thread, posted proof he was a bethesda employee and denied literally all of those claims.
Do you have a screenshot of that? Curious

The CEO that the post references is Robert A Altman (Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_A._Altman ), BBCI stands for Bank of Credit and Commerce International (Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bank_of_Credit_and_Commerce_International ), here is a WaPo article detailing the BCCI scandal: https://www.washingtonpost.com/arch...5d59435/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.2a6300b37310 . It doesn't seem particularly unlikely that he was heavily involved, but no-one knows for sure.

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
On top of that you can tell it's horse shit for a bunch of reasons.

1. People never shit-talk their company this much unless they're a shitty employee and a Source Of Problems.
2. People that work in companies like this never have such ridiculous omni-views of their entire corporation and its workings, only the highest higher-ups know this kind of shit.
3. We know next to nothing about Starfield, and this whole "We're trying to make space combat work!!" thing is just bullshit. Prove it or fuck off. Same with claiming that "entire studios" are trying to fix these. Fix what? Show me. Prove it. Name names, or you're a liar.
4. "The Story Has Been Rewritten TWICE!" (CAPS FOR EMPHASIS). Stories are rewritten non-stop in video games. This attempt at hoaxing a problem is due to someone who never wrote for a video game in their life thinking that video game stories are like novels. You should be aggressively rolling your eyes at the concept that an entire game's worth of levels have been scrapped, because there's just so much to unpack there, but they wouldn't scrap an entire game's worth of content because the story had to be rewritten because space combat doesnt work. That shit would show up somewhere else, get used somewhere else. It's a time and money thing, unless it was so early stage(concept level) that scrapping it wasn't a huge loss of money. And what exactly is a "game's worth" of "levels and bosses"?

Basically, he outed himself as a retard the minute he claimed Bethesda scrapped a Betheshda game's worth of content because the story wouldn't fit, despite the fact that he already claimed they rewrote the story to accommodate for missing space combat. But they wouldn't rewrite the story to fit in all that garbage?

But this all sounds like exactly the same shit that’s been happening at BioWare.
https://kotaku.com/how-biowares-ant...jSHdYc0drQUNwTTJiY2lUYktjVFNrYmVnUnRsdm44eWE.

It’s been over twenty years since BGS has created a new IP. Is it really so implausible that Starfield’s been stuck in preproduction hell for ages? They’ve basically been making new versions of the same game since Morrowind, but that open world formula doesn’t really work with space travel. Everything the leaker says would make perfect sense if management either doesn’t have a coherent vision for what they want Starfield to be, or they have a vision but the engine can’t handle it and they refuse to use a different engine (or both those things, like what happened with Anthem).

HarveyBirdman

Arbiter
Kyl, there isn't any reason to believe or disbelieve what some anon says. Just accept it as something anon said, and then remember it in retrospect. Only tripfags have any credibility (and only a semblance at that), but the emphasis on that term is "fag" to the highest possible degree.

Why waste any thought on this until we see Todd's inevitable lies during a 15 minute canned gameplay reveal? It will be a space game. We won't see it until 2020. Bethesda will make it. Bethesda's recent track record is abysmal, so hope is a tiny pinprick of light in an overwhelming and oppressive blanket of darkness. That's really all we know.

Tavernking

Don't believe his lies
Developer
Mark my words, Starfield will be Fallout in space. There will be no space flight or space flight combat.

Like Skyrim, you won't even be able to climb ladders. Inside spaceships, using elevators will lead to a load screen.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
They should honestly just scrap spaceflight if they're having that big a problem with it. A sci-fi RPG from the Bethesda will sell millions of copies even without spaceflight, and big hits like Mass Effect didn't really have any spaceflight stuff. Just have a planet-hopping Fallout game and you're golden, sales wise. Not commenting on quality, just the business aspect.

vortex

Fabulous Optimist
Mark my words, Starfield will be Fallout in space. There will be no space flight or space flight combat.

Like Skyrim, you won't even be able to climb ladders. Inside spaceships, using elevators will lead to a load screen.

And that is all I want. I don't want to fly spaceship. Don't have time for that.

ADL

Prophet

If this is true, it'll be amusing seeing Starfield being compared to The Outer Worlds unfavorably more than we expected.

Riddler

Arcane
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
Why are people taking the state of F76 as indicative of anything that is going on with Bethesda? It was made by the former BattleCry studios in Austin, not Bethesda proper. ES and fallout may be painfully mediocre games but Bethesda Austin delivering yet another turd tells us nothing about the state of Bethesda Maryland.

LizardWizard

Cipher
Why are people taking the state of F76 as indicative of anything that is going on with Bethesda? It was made by the former BattleCry studios in Austin, not Bethesda proper. ES and fallout may be painfully mediocre games but Bethesda Austin delivering yet another turd tells us nothing about the state of Bethesda Maryland.

Todd did claim all studios were involved in trying to salvage 76.. which ended comically.

ADL

Prophet
The best things about 76 were things Bethesda Austin were responsible for. The worst things about 76 were things that Bethesda Maryland handed them.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom