Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Starfield - "space epic" from Bethesda Game Studios

Discussion in 'Bethesda Game Studios' started by LESS T_T, Jun 11, 2018.

1. AN4RCHID Arcane

AN4RCHID
    No this is the game you're looking for :martini:

• not sure if serious not sure if serious x 1
    • Prestigious Prestigious x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. DalekFlay Arcane Patron

DalekFlay
    If by done right you mean a Bethesda RPG, then yeah I guess. One would assume it's Fallout in space. There were rumors a while back that they were trying to do more with it though, like space combat and shit, but I forget the details.

^ Top  
  3. Dawkinsfan69 Dumbfuck! Dumbfuck Bethestard

Dawkinsfan69
    Bethesda doesn't have a great track record of 'doing things right'

^ Top  
  4. undecaf Arcane Patron

undecaf
    Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
    I’m not exactly sure what I mean.

I suppose Bethesda’s trashcollector sims are a bit fuller experiences than the almost completely void gaming that NMK offers.

But then, NMK (I assume) also lacks Bethesda’s inanities by being an almost empty husk. So...

^ Top  
  5. RaptorRex888 Educated

RaptorRex888
    Why anyone into RPG's is even remotely interested in future games from Bethesda is beyond me.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. Nutria Savant

Nutria
    They're maybe not really RPGs, but the gameplay loop of going somewhere, having some simple combats, picking up loot, and going home has some appeal. For me it mostly depends on what the setting is. If it's deadly boring (TES) or pretty fucking boring (FO3), it doesn't work for me. But Obsidian used their formula well in New Vegas, so I dunno, maybe they'll suddenly discover how to not suck? I'm not hopeful, but there's a chance they'll pull it off.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Fabulously Optimistic Fabulously Optimistic x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. ZVERMIX Learned Patron

ZVERMIX
    Actually, you can see how 'a space opera/space epic' game would be most fitting for a Bethesda RPG. Exploration and their brand of 'environmental storytelling' has always been their strong suit, and it goes well with big semi-emptiness of space.
    If they can create a halfway compelling/distinct setting and keep quality and production values at least at post-patch Skyrim levels (and not a shitshow like F76 was), it could be good for what it is.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. DalekFlay Arcane Patron

DalekFlay
    Bethesda do one thing really well, hiking sim exploration, and yes it would be nice to have that in a space opera setting. We shall see.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • it is a mystery it is a mystery x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. Zombra Arcane Patron

Zombra
    Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    For me it depends which way they go. If they stick with Fallout 4's premade personality voiced protagonist, level-based point buy character system, and total lack of choices of any kind, I'm out. If they return to Skyrim's blank slate protagonist, excellent learn-by-doing character system, and substantial, objective-based decision making in (at least some) missions, I'll be very interested.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • hopw roewur ne hopw roewur ne x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. taxalot Gone forever. Patron

taxalot
    Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
    In before someone notices enemy spaceships have Alduin's AI patterns.

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Yes Yes x 2
    • :M :M x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. Modron Arcane

Modron
    In before somebody notices that spaceships are just a hat.

• Yes Yes x 3
    • Cheers!! Cheers!! x 1
    • M'lady M'lady x 1
    ^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)