Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Stellaris - Paradox new sci-fi grand strategy game

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
Resource storage is universal, so you can have farm planet, mine planet and clerc planet or jack-of-all-trade planets.

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
46949326_2222535271349039_2796274522901184512_o.png

Preben

Arcane
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
DD Slave market
Hello everyone!

We’re back for this week’s installment of the Stellaris Dev Diary. This week we will covering a mix of paid and free features. More exactly, we’ll be talking about the Slave Market, Unity Ambitions and new Mandates. I bet I know which one you’ll want to read about first, so let’s start with that one.

Before we start I need to reiterate that this dev diary contains things that are WIP, with non-final numbers, interfaces or mechanics that might change.

The Slave Market (PAID)
To better facilitate slaver playstyles, we’ve added the Slave Market feature to MegaCorp. This will allow more easy transfer of slaves between empires. In MegaCorp, nothing can stand in the way of the pursuit of profit.

Access to the Slave Market is granted once the Galactic Market is founded. Only empires that also have access to the Galactic Market will be able to use the Slave Market. Only Pops that are currently Slaves are able to be sold on the Slave Market, but anyone can buy them (either to set them free or to put them to work). We're also considering making (non-Gestalt) robots that do not have citizen rights buyable and sellable on the market.

index.php

To sell a slave you select one or more Pop(s) on a planet (it must be enslaved). Right now the interface shows planets as the drop-down, but we will be changing it so that you first select a species, and then the list shows the different planets. We’re tweaking the interface right now, so some things might look a bit different as the next couple of weeks pass.

index.php

When you have decided which slaves to sell, they will be put on the market. The price of slaves is 500 ± the cost affected by traits. The traits that make them good slaves drives the price up, while things that make them bad slaves drives the price down. Many traits will not affect the cost of a slave.

index.php

To buy a slave, you select a destination planet and then simply click the buy button. This will complete the transaction and move the pop to your selected planet.

We are considering adding a simple bidding process as an additional step, but at this time we cannot promise that we will have time to add it before the release of MegaCorp.

Unity Ambitions (FREE)
Because of the changes to the economy system, with Unity coming from multiple sources and being a more integrated resource, we wanted to make sure that Unity is always useful. Previously a paid feature in Apocalypse, Unity Ambitions have now been made a free feature in 2.2 'Le Guin'.

Mandates (FREE)
Since we've added a bunch of new mechanics with 2.2 'Le Guin', we now have a lot more things that we can hook into. As a result of that, we have reworked and added a bunch of new mandates for democratic empires. They usually go along the lines of building more districts, building more stations to gather resource, to increasing monthly income etc.

index.php

That is what we have for this week. Next week we’ll return with a Dev Diary about what the community can expect in terms of new Modding capabilities for 2.2 (hint: It's a *lot* of newcapabilities).

Still no sex slaves to buy even though its already 2300. Absolute decline.

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
2.2 Patch notes
* AI now considers the potential resource gain against its system upkeep cost when deciding whether to build an outpost

* Adapted AI to new economy system

* Improved early game economy AI

* AI will now revoke claims it has on empires it wants to maintain a long-term alliance with

###################
# Modding
###################

* Added scriptable leader classes, old classes are now attributes for the new ones

* Added on_crossing_border on-action

* You can now set an arrival_effect on auto_move_to_target, this will fire that scripted effect on arrival

* Added "on_fleet_combat_joined_attacker" and "on_fleet_combat_joined_defender" on_action. Both are fired when fleet enter combat, scopes etc in the file "00_on_actions.txt"

* Added country_trade_fee modifier

* Replaced free_pop_slots trigger with free_housing trigger

* Updated the "if" trigger to work in the same way as the "if" effect: if { limit = {...} } else_if { limit = {...} } else { ... }

* Added define for default trade change

* Added MARKET_FLUCTUATION_EPSILON define to avoid useless calculations

* Added last_building_changed / last_district changed triggers

* Added on_system_lost and on_system_gained on-actions

* Create Species can now accept an event_target for the species class create_species = { class = event_target:caravaneer_fleet2_country.species }

* Most modifiers in the game now take custom_tooltip to print a custom desc

* Added perc_communications_with_playable trigger

* Added "country_immigration_pull_add," "country_immigration_pull_mult," "country_emigration_push_add" and "country_emigration_pull_mult" modifiers. They work like the planet modifiers of the same name, but at country level

* Added triggers "has_rival = <Target>" and "has_overlord=<Target>"

* Added is_half_species trigger

* Added create_half_species effect

* Added country-scoped variants of event pulses. Which countries get these is controlled in country type settings

* Added GetRulerName to localization script in Leader scope

* The "has_colonization_control" trigger now works like other species rights trigger: has_colonization_control = { value = no country =root }

* Added a "can_colonize_with_species" game rule

* It is now possible to directly script a civic as changing the empire's homeworld class, and this will be reflected properly in empire designer

* The number of district types shown in the expansion planner is now fully moddable through a Define ( EXPANSION_VIEW_NUM_DISTRICTS ) However, the gui files must also be changed to have that number of district buttons/icons

* Added set_market_leader effect

* Anomalies with a null_spawn_chance set that are set to only happen once for the country/game will now be blocked from being rolled again if they fail to pass the null spawn chance check, meaning that some anomalies can be made properly rare and not occur in every game

* Added the "diplomacy_economy" database where you can defines upkeep and production of resources for various types of diplomatic relations.

* Added remove_deposit effect

* Added is_deposit_type trigger

* Add define for resource base, min and max price on the market

* Add defines for constants in price change equation

* Buildings can now have a custom tooltip effect

###################
# Bugfixes
###################

* Fixed incorrect starbase Missile Battery description

* Restoring changes to Impossible Organism event to allow Nivlacs to be spawned on any planet, not just the capital

* Fixed Contact Report: Primitives event sometimes fetching the wrong text key

* Fixed incorrect pluralization for Gene Warrior armies

* Fixed a handful of Crystalline Entities not being affected by the Crystal Pacification project

* Fixed the Lokken Mechanists pre-scripted empire using the wrong ruler title

* Fixed a bunch of old sound files that had bad loops or other cruddiness

* Fixed literally unplayable localization bugs

* Removed references to a nonexistent special project in an event chain

* Fixed an edge case where paying off Marauders would cost you nothing

* Fixed "The Xvan Labs" special project spawning in too-distant systems

* Preventing Ketling planets subject to ongoing invasion, orbital bombardment and/or starbase construction from progressing to spacefaring Ketlings

* Fix crash at start when the outliner settings contain double entries

* Fixed Leviathans first contact report not firing in some cases

* Scavenger Bot and Tiyanki Matriarch systems are now flagged as hostile (and guardian) systems

* Fixed bug where upon re-election a ruler would not get a proper new mandate

* Fixed Crisis ambient audio continuing to loop after Crisis has been defeated

* Fixed an issue where Primitives would accumulate too many Ethics over time

* Removed arrow from peace messages since they were misleading

* Added localization that had been missing from Observation events that had been missing since 2015, good golly Miss Molly

* Pacifists are now blocked from Aggressive First Contact protocols, as charming as it was that they had a loophole in their ethical structure that permitted unlimited violence until polite first greetings had been exchanged

* Leviathan Death Notification message should now function

* Fixed the bug when in the MP Lobby create new empire tab was shown beneath custom empires

* Fixed the multiplayer "show players" mapmode being saved and reloaded in single player mode, resulting in all-grey maps

* Fixed tutorial making observer mode outline visible in single player

* Master Builders Ascension Perk no longer applies twice to Habitats

* Marauder fleets now actually show up in the Marauder Vengeance event, rather than merely threatening to do so

* Fixed a crash when deleting an empire led to having a corrupted empire design selected

* Create vassal button now checks properly if a vassal can actually be created

* Fixed multiple contact from same empire

* Fixed empires created by rebellion, being released as a vassal always showing up with grey map colour

* Fixed the "blue solution" sometimes not granting a trait

* The red/green/blue event now adds a custom free trait so as not to mess with trait points.

* There will now always be a minimum of one L-Gate system when playing with the Distant Stars Story Pack, regardless of galaxy size

* Fixed peace deal localization

* Fixed some loc references in post-war messages from Fallen Empires

* Fixed the Horizon Signal event chain sometimes resulting in Pops getting incompatible traits

* Fixed the Grateful Refugee pop modifier potentially stacking (modifier is now instead refreshed if the pop becomes a refugee again)

* Contact Report: Leviathans (story.8) should now fire for all leviathans (will now display a special desc for mechanical leviathans)

* Fixed an issue with terraforming in the Atomic Clock event

* Numerous other bugfixes and performance improvements

i always thought that all the kind of states were non/viable being almost the same, and it was all a matter of how satisfying it was to larp them.
the game needs rebellions and ways to deal with them.

Preben

Arcane
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
The game desperately needs other economical models. So far in every empire you are a space Stalin with a complete control over economy. It makes sense in all kinds of autocracies, hive minds and corporations, but not so much im capitalist societies.

But hey, there's hardly a thing that this game doesn't desperately need.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
The game desperately needs other economical models. So far in every empire you are a space Stalin with a complete control over economy. It makes sense in all kinds of autocracies, hive minds and corporations, but not so much im capitalist societies.
Just like 99% of all other strategy games like this one.
Your point being?

It would be weird as hell to play a game like Stellaris or EU and not be in direct control of your nation's economy.

Pope Amole II

Nerd Commando Game Studios
Developer
Got myself some mega-corp press keys. Will probably stream today (embargo lifts in 4 hours or so, I think). Getting through all the changes right now as the game became much, much more byzantine. Which is probably a plus. My Holy Zion Corporation seems pretty sweet, though, generating 34 energy or so from the get-go.

IDtenT

Menace to sobriety!
Patron
South Africa; My pronouns are: Banal/Shit/Boring
Divinity: Original Sin
Your point being?

It would be weird as hell to play a game like Stellaris or EU and not be in direct control of your nation's economy.
Victoria master race.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Your point being?

Like in CK2, which happens to be the most fun of all PDX games?
Let's agree to disagree on that one.

Besides, how do you not control your economy in CK2? It is less direct without direct bonuses from every single building, sure. But it's not like it is out of your hand, either.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Your point being?

Good sir,have you played distant worlds universe?
According to my Steam history, I indeed have. For three hours.
I do not exactly remember why I stopped so early, but looking at the screenshots, I get the vague feeling that I read tutorials for the entirety of three hours, just to discover that I had five more hours of tutorials in front of me.
And then just stopped, because there are just too many games I'd like to play that do not require three evenings of tutorials before you can actually play the game.

This is actually the one thing (well, besides LARPing and optics) Stellaris is really good at. You just start the game and it slowly eases you into the game and opens up gradually with more complex things. Just to grind to a halt of nothing meaningful to do at some point, but that is a different problem altogether.

But anyway: How do you handle economy in that game?

According to my Steam history, I indeed have. For three hours.
I do not exactly remember why I stopped so early, but looking at the screenshots, I get the vague feeling that I read tutorials for the entirety of three hours, just to discover that I had five more hours of tutorials in front of me.
And then just stopped, because there are just too many games I'd like to play that do not require three evenings of tutorials before you can actually play the game.

This is actually the one thing (well, besides LARPing and optics) Stellaris is really good at. You just start the game and it slowly eases you into the game and opens up gradually with more complex things. Just to grind to a halt of nothing meaningful to do at some point, but that is a different problem altogether.

But anyway: How do you handle economy in that game?

Distant worlds lets you configure the AI to play the game 100% for you and only take control of whatever you feel like learning at the moment. It's really easy to get into if you just start a normal game, I wasn't even aware there was a tutorial.

Set all the complex stuff to full automation and the basic stuff you want to deal with to "ask me", and you'll get pop ups whenever the AI thinks you should be doing something (e.g., resources shortage or not colonizing nearby planets).

razvedchiki

Erudite
Economy is private sector based,if the private sector is strong your income will be high etc.
The private sector builds mining stations on planets you havent build and transport freighters/ships.it also transports the stuff you mine from your own mining stations.you can redesign the stations/ships to be economically efficient(upgrading their range,removing unneccesery components etc).

Delterius

Arcane
Got myself some mega-corp press keys. Will probably stream today (embargo lifts in 4 hours or so, I think). Getting through all the changes right now as the game became much, much more byzantine. Which is probably a plus. My Holy Zion Corporation seems pretty sweet, though, generating 34 energy or so from the get-go.
i'm jealous of you

Pope Amole II

Developer
i'm jealous of you

I'm not jealous of me - Deadbeat 4.0, Megacorp and Kineticist/Tiefling for Kingmaker are coming out in a span of a week. A week! And I'm expected to guide people through them all. And I also have to design lots of stuff for my game design projects in the midst of it.

It's good that I have no life or I dunno what I'd do.

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
47198447_2223606904575209_4306865291712790528_o.jpg

Living Standards determine many things in your empire. Your pops will benefit or be hindered by them, depending on their stratum. That impacts their happiness, efficiency, the magnitude of influence on planets' and empire's stability.

Pope Amole II

Developer
Well, you're the Pope Amole II.

You don't become that accidentally.

Actually, I did. At first I was just Pope Amole and then the codex went into some movement or something (I don't remember already, it was 2011, after all) and I've lost my access to that account. So I am Pope Amole II by accident.

Delterius

Arcane
Well, you're the Pope Amole II.

You don't become that accidentally.

Actually, I did. At first I was just Pope Amole and then the codex went into some movement or something (I don't remember already, it was 2011, after all) and I've lost my access to that account. So I am Pope Amole II by accident.

Pope Benedict IX (Latin: Benedictus IX; c. 1012 – c. 1056), born Theophylactus of Tusculum in Rome, was Pope on three occasions between October 1032 and July 1048.[1] Aged approximately 20 at his first election, he is one of the youngest popes in history. He is the only man to have been Pope on more than one occasion and the only man ever to have sold the papacy.

im onto you mr guide

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom