Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Incline The City of Heroes Thread

Discussion in 'MMO(RP)G / Online Discussion' started by Lhynn, Apr 20, 2019.

1. Sykar Arcane

Sykar
    Is there a web page for the server status of Rebirth by the way? In game it said that the maintenance should have taken 30 minutes but it is more like 4 hours now and I still cannot reach the server.

^ Top  
  2. Xor Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

Xor
    Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
    Your best bet right now is the discord.

• WTF am I reading WTF am I reading x 3
    • Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. Sykar Arcane

Sykar
    Frankly I have never used discord. :oops:
    I will play a little on Homecoming to see some more of the differences. Most noticable was the huge amount of changes of additional power pools for the different archetypes. Blasters even got access to Time Manipulation.

^ Top  
  4. hello friend Arcane

hello friend
    wtf

It's just a game, why would anyone bother doing this

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Despair Despair x 1
    • "It was Aliens" "It was Aliens" x 1
    • (autism) (autism) x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. Xor Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

Xor
    Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
    Well it could just be some random troll, or considering there have been attacks against the /coxg/ server and reddit server over the past few days as well there could be something else going on.

Rebirth is back up. Their sysadmin has stepped down over what happened so they've moved to Ouroboros (the people coding i24) for temporary hosting, and according to the admins they have a plan for permanent hosting they're working on (I asked today earlier on discord).

• incline incline x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. Sykar Arcane

Sykar
    Just a general build questions, which type of characters use Leadership? I saw that there are differences in how much of a bonus you get depending on AT, Defenders giving the largest bonus with toggles while Vengeance giving very different amounts depending on AT, offensively oriented ATs giving large damage buffs and defensively oriented giving larger defensive buffs.
    I guess MM is an obvious choice for Leadership but what other ATs go for it? Are there ATs where it is considered a very strong pick?

^ Top  
  7. Xor Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

Xor
    Vengeance is an amazing buff and it's sometimes worth taking Leadership on a support just for that. But the +def aura for the entire team is worth noting - I think it's 3.5% base for defenders, slotted out it's close to 5%, which isn't much but every little bit helps when you're not capped. Plus the damage buff will always be appreciated - I think it's like 18% on defenders. So generally I take it on supports, and I get the damage buff on characters I intend to mostly solo with if I have a free power slot.

Also, defenders give the strongest version of all the leadership auras, not just the defense one.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. infidel Arcane Developer

infidel
    I don't get it, do they host servers at someone's home?

• it is a mystery it is a mystery x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. hello friend Arcane

hello friend
    What are the stronger builds for solo play that don't require sperging around with prebuffs? Would be good to function well outside of a group when needed. I don't really know what I'm doing, currently going spines/super reflex

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. Sykar Arcane

Sykar
    Is there a way to have music play more often or all the time? I usually just get some short bits and then it is quiet. Would like some more music, what I heard I did like actually.

^ Top  
  11. Xor Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

Xor
    The sysadmin was running the server on hardware he owned so they weren't paying for anything. I'm assuming it was at a datacenter or a business or something and not at his house, but I don't know the details.

Brutes and scrappers can both solo while leveling pretty easily, even taking down elite bosses without too much difficulty if you pop the right inspirations. For primaries on a scrapper claws, spines, katana, and broadsword are all really strong off the top of my head. I never played a brute on live so I don't really know them as well but I remember super strength being a really popular choice, although that was just for a specific farming build. For secondaries and soloing, you want something that is generally strong against everything, or has healing potential. So my first recommendation would be regen, which was OP as fuck back when I used to play and then got nerfed into the ground but is still really strong for scrappers and brutes. Willpower is another fun choice, that's what I ran on homecoming on my scrapper and I hardly ever died even with the difficulty cranked up. Dark armor is pretty good too. Super reflexes is also great, although you're weak as hell until like the mid 25s, early 30s and you HAVE to slot out your secondaries to stay viable. If your defense is under 30% or so you'll just get creamed.

Tankers are also good at soloing but they also kill things way slower and if you hit 50 with a tanker who's focused on doing damage and not surviving it you won't really be of much use to anyone.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. Bio Force Ape Arcane

Bio Force Ape
    Just downloaded and I'm kinda mad I can't make a guy with a gorilla head and camo outfit named "Gorilla Warfare." WTF this game sucks. Uninstalling.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Acknowledge this user's Agenda Acknowledge this user's Agenda x 1
    • Despair Despair x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. Sykar Arcane

Sykar
    Does anyone know how to use tailor tokens? Game tells me I got 5 but I see nothing in the menue when I go to the tailor and fiddle around with the costume.

^ Top  
  14. Xor Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

Xor
    There should be a "use free tailor token" button on the last screen when you're messing around with your costume at the tailor as long as you've actually made changes that cost money. I just did it on Rebirth.

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. Sykar Arcane

Sykar
    Weird, currently among my 6 characters I feel most comfortable soloing on my controller together with my MM. My other 4 characters, El/El Tanker, Fire/Dark Corruptor, Beam/Mind Blaster and MM/SR Stalker while killing faster also die faster, except for the El/El Tanker which kills really slow due to having no real AoE or CC. The Stalker kills super fast but has 0 reliable CC or AoE so the much higher single target DPS gets undercut but that. My Controller is 24 the rest is 13 though, hopefully they get a lot better later.
    Maybe I am doing it wrong with those though, or did I chose bad archetypes?

Last edited: Jun 2, 2019
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. Bio Force Ape Arcane

Bio Force Ape
    I've got a couple Masterminds and they are pretty good for soloing. Just finished a crazy mission where I had to fend off like 100 enemies from attacking a TV station. I just ran my guy around in circles while my 3 pets killed everything. No way would I have survived that with a Stalker.

• Salute Salute x 2
    ^ Top  
  17. Xor Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

Xor
    There are no bad archetypes.

• Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. Sykar Arcane

Sykar
    What are good ways to earn a lot of influence? Just do quest, try to sell stuff to other players or straight up farm? Or is there something else?

^ Top  
  19. Xor Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

Xor
    You earn way more inf at higher levels. My tanker in the low 40s; I did ITF twice last night and I got around 6 million. So I wouldn't even worry about farming inf at lower levels because it's generally a waste of time. If you really need some, and assuming you're on rebirth, just do the level 1 AE boss farm with your leprechaun out. That mission also gives 1500 tickets which is a great way to get salvage. It's way faster if you get some people together to clear it with you.

Oh one other thing that I personally wouldn't bother with; you can turn off xp gains on exemplaring in the menu and that doubles the amount of inf you gain while exemplared.

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. Xor Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

Xor
    By the way anyone needs me for something on rebirth blueside I'm usually on Unusual Girl, Perfectly Normal Gal, or Perfectly Normal Elf. I have a half-dozen other alts but those are the ones I'm actively leveling.

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. Sykar Arcane

Sykar
    I had a posi(?) run recently with a character named Unusual Girl in the group. Was that really you?

^ Top  
  22. Kalarion Savant Patron

Kalarion
    Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech
  23. Sykar Arcane

Sykar
    No idea. I was asked politely in an RPG appropriate manner so I came along but I had no time to really understand what the quest chain was about.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. Xor Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

Xor
    It would've been, yeah.

That's the one where you save a dam from getting blown up by zombies, mages, and robots, but it was really long for being so low level so they split it into two parts. The first part involves...wasting time, and then the second part has the stuff with the dam. If you go into Clues > Souvenirs you should have something in there related to the TF with a writeup of the plot of the arc. You get those for every story arc and TF you do. You might have to do both parts to get the souvenir though, not sure.

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    ^ Top  
  25. Sykar Arcane

Sykar
    Is it OK to add you to my friend list?

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)