Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline The City of Heroes Thread

Sykar

Arcane
Frankly I have never used discord. :oops:
I will play a little on Homecoming to see some more of the differences. Most noticable was the huge amount of changes of additional power pools for the different archetypes. Blasters even got access to Time Manipulation.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
The desktop image of the router was also replaced with a picture of our sysadmin's front door, taken from Google street view.
wtf

It's just a game, why would anyone bother doing this
Well it could just be some random troll, or considering there have been attacks against the /coxg/ server and reddit server over the past few days as well there could be something else going on.

Rebirth is back up. Their sysadmin has stepped down over what happened so they've moved to Ouroboros (the people coding i24) for temporary hosting, and according to the admins they have a plan for permanent hosting they're working on (I asked today earlier on discord).

Good news! The game server is BACK ONLINE! One minor change, you will need to use the following Manifest: https://icanhazchzbrgr.com/Manifests/Rebirth.xml to connect to the game.

The website is still down, so no new accounts can be made at the moment. However, already existing accounts are okay to use (provided you use the new Manifest noted above).

Again, thanks to OuroDev for helping me (even though I didn't get to do much, heh.). And thanks to Reddit and their team who were willing to step in and help out on a moment's notice to provide help as well.

Sykar

Arcane
Just a general build questions, which type of characters use Leadership? I saw that there are differences in how much of a bonus you get depending on AT, Defenders giving the largest bonus with toggles while Vengeance giving very different amounts depending on AT, offensively oriented ATs giving large damage buffs and defensively oriented giving larger defensive buffs.
I guess MM is an obvious choice for Leadership but what other ATs go for it? Are there ATs where it is considered a very strong pick?

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Just a general build questions, which type of characters use Leadership?
Vengeance is an amazing buff and it's sometimes worth taking Leadership on a support just for that. But the +def aura for the entire team is worth noting - I think it's 3.5% base for defenders, slotted out it's close to 5%, which isn't much but every little bit helps when you're not capped. Plus the damage buff will always be appreciated - I think it's like 18% on defenders. So generally I take it on supports, and I get the damage buff on characters I intend to mostly solo with if I have a free power slot.

Also, defenders give the strongest version of all the leadership auras, not just the defense one.

infidel

StarInfidel
Developer
Strap Yourselves In
On further investigation, our sysadmin discovered that one of our routers was breached recently while he was spending time with his family. There is NO indication the breach went deeper than this router - the actual game server was not breached - but the router's connection information was tampered with so that after the server was restarted for maintenance, connections to the server failed. The admin has identified the vulnerability exploited to cause the breach and is taking steps to correct it.

I don't get it, do they host servers at someone's home?

Sykar

Arcane
Is there a way to have music play more often or all the time? I usually just get some short bits and then it is quiet. Would like some more music, what I heard I did like actually.

Xor

Arcane
On further investigation, our sysadmin discovered that one of our routers was breached recently while he was spending time with his family. There is NO indication the breach went deeper than this router - the actual game server was not breached - but the router's connection information was tampered with so that after the server was restarted for maintenance, connections to the server failed. The admin has identified the vulnerability exploited to cause the breach and is taking steps to correct it.

I don't get it, do they host servers at someone's home?
The sysadmin was running the server on hardware he owned so they weren't paying for anything. I'm assuming it was at a datacenter or a business or something and not at his house, but I don't know the details.

What are the stronger builds for solo play that don't require sperging around with prebuffs? Would be good to function well outside of a group when needed. I don't really know what I'm doing, currently going spines/super reflex
Brutes and scrappers can both solo while leveling pretty easily, even taking down elite bosses without too much difficulty if you pop the right inspirations. For primaries on a scrapper claws, spines, katana, and broadsword are all really strong off the top of my head. I never played a brute on live so I don't really know them as well but I remember super strength being a really popular choice, although that was just for a specific farming build. For secondaries and soloing, you want something that is generally strong against everything, or has healing potential. So my first recommendation would be regen, which was OP as fuck back when I used to play and then got nerfed into the ground but is still really strong for scrappers and brutes. Willpower is another fun choice, that's what I ran on homecoming on my scrapper and I hardly ever died even with the difficulty cranked up. Dark armor is pretty good too. Super reflexes is also great, although you're weak as hell until like the mid 25s, early 30s and you HAVE to slot out your secondaries to stay viable. If your defense is under 30% or so you'll just get creamed.

Tankers are also good at soloing but they also kill things way slower and if you hit 50 with a tanker who's focused on doing damage and not surviving it you won't really be of much use to anyone.

Bio Force Ape

Arcane
Just downloaded and I'm kinda mad I can't make a guy with a gorilla head and camo outfit named "Gorilla Warfare." WTF this game sucks. Uninstalling.

Xor

Arcane
Does anyone know how to use tailor tokens? Game tells me I got 5 but I see nothing in the menue when I go to the tailor and fiddle around with the costume.
There should be a "use free tailor token" button on the last screen when you're messing around with your costume at the tailor as long as you've actually made changes that cost money. I just did it on Rebirth.

Sykar

Arcane
Weird, currently among my 6 characters I feel most comfortable soloing on my controller together with my MM. My other 4 characters, El/El Tanker, Fire/Dark Corruptor, Beam/Mind Blaster and MM/SR Stalker while killing faster also die faster, except for the El/El Tanker which kills really slow due to having no real AoE or CC. The Stalker kills super fast but has 0 reliable CC or AoE so the much higher single target DPS gets undercut but that. My Controller is 24 the rest is 13 though, hopefully they get a lot better later.
Maybe I am doing it wrong with those though, or did I chose bad archetypes?

Last edited:

Bio Force Ape

Arcane
I've got a couple Masterminds and they are pretty good for soloing. Just finished a crazy mission where I had to fend off like 100 enemies from attacking a TV station. I just ran my guy around in circles while my 3 pets killed everything. No way would I have survived that with a Stalker.

Xor

Arcane
You earn way more inf at higher levels. My tanker in the low 40s; I did ITF twice last night and I got around 6 million. So I wouldn't even worry about farming inf at lower levels because it's generally a waste of time. If you really need some, and assuming you're on rebirth, just do the level 1 AE boss farm with your leprechaun out. That mission also gives 1500 tickets which is a great way to get salvage. It's way faster if you get some people together to clear it with you.

Oh one other thing that I personally wouldn't bother with; you can turn off xp gains on exemplaring in the menu and that doubles the amount of inf you gain while exemplared.

Xor

Arcane
By the way anyone needs me for something on rebirth blueside I'm usually on Unusual Girl, Perfectly Normal Gal, or Perfectly Normal Elf. I have a half-dozen other alts but those are the ones I'm actively leveling.

Sykar

Arcane
By the way anyone needs me for something on rebirth blueside I'm usually on Unusual Girl, Perfectly Normal Gal, or Perfectly Normal Elf. I have a half-dozen other alts but those are the ones I'm actively leveling.

I had a posi(?) run recently with a character named Unusual Girl in the group. Was that really you?

Xor

Arcane

I had a posi(?) run recently with a character named Unusual Girl in the group. Was that really you?
It would've been, yeah.

That's the one where you save a dam from getting blown up by zombies, mages, and robots, but it was really long for being so low level so they split it into two parts. The first part involves...wasting time, and then the second part has the stuff with the dam. If you go into Clues > Souvenirs you should have something in there related to the TF with a writeup of the plot of the arc. You get those for every story arc and TF you do. You might have to do both parts to get the souvenir though, not sure.

Sykar

Arcane

It would've been, yeah.

That's the one where you save a dam from getting blown up by zombies, mages, and robots, but it was really long for being so low level so they split it into two parts. The first part involves...wasting time, and then the second part has the stuff with the dam. If you go into Clues > Souvenirs you should have something in there related to the TF with a writeup of the plot of the arc. You get those for every story arc and TF you do. You might have to do both parts to get the souvenir though, not sure.

Is it OK to add you to my friend list?

Xor

Arcane

It would've been, yeah.

Is it OK to add you to my friend list?
NO

But yeah go ahead.

Started a hero dude on Rebirth, a scrapper with claws and willpower. I wanted to base him on a lapwing's looks but he just looks like a gay pride mardi gras reveler with conjunctivitis. 10/10 would customize again.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom