Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Ruinous Powers (40K CYOA)

lightbane

Arcane
While an armored bodyglove fits the characters (in every sense of the word), I would advice against taking it: we still have to report to the captain and he won't be happy if he realizes we messed around his ship and took something it isn't ours. Doubly so if it is so... Obvious.

That's why I vote for B>A. No-one except IG Mary-sues and the Emperor-blessed Ciaphas Cain can kill someone of importance with a laspistol. Plus we're dirty heretics to boot.

Last edited:

oscar

Arcane
D, couldn't resist though there's some strong arguments for the other equipment. I'll also try justify it a little by saying we might command more authority among the troops here if we aren't dressed like a prisoner.

Cheesecake

Savant
A: (lightbane), The Brazilian Slaughter, Kalin, Endemic, inf0mercial 4(5)
B: lightbane, Baltika9 2
C:
D: ERYFKRAD, Storyfag, Nevill, Azira, oscar 5
E: Kipeci 1
F: hello friend 1
Name: Lena Cythriel

Gifts:
Daemoniac Tongue
Tough Skin
Perfection

Favor:
Khorne - Hated
Nurgle - Slighted, favored
Tzeentch - Uncaring
Slaanesh - Favored

Known Characters:
The Captain - Hated
Detox, apothecary - Beloved
Hooker, sergeant - Indifferent
Entek, tech-priest - Annoyed
Tempestus, chaplain - Indifferent
Sorcerer - Unknown

Items:
Artificer Armored Bodyglove

You run your immaculate hand over the material of the bodyglove, its silky texture belying the reinforced plasteel-plating beneath. You gesture haughtily to the tech-priest. Disregarding your insolence, probably to expedite your leaving, he begins the activation rituals of the armor. Servitors begin form-fitting the bodysuit to you, making it as though it were an armored second-skin. You smile, running your hands over your new outfit. If anyone else in the room were still of flesh and blood, they'd be enthralled. Unfortunately your audience is either lobotomized or part-machine.

Silky-smooth, with a black latex look, the bodyglove form-fits and reveals just enough. You discard your ragged prisoner's uniform on the sanctified armory's ground, much to the chagrin of Entek. Speaking of who....

"ORDER: Leave immediately. Do not return."

Having got what you wanted, you leave the armory, satisfied with your cunning plan and its success. As you wander the halls, many gawk at you, causing numerous scribes to collide into each other, and off-duty guards to begin fighting among themselves. One of the scribes, you realize, is the one who took you on the tour from before. He looks worried, and runs toward you.

"E-Excuse me! You, um, you better be prepared.... The Captain is furious, he wants you to meet him! I heard it from a bunch of injured guards in the infirmary."

You arch an eyebrow. "Oh? Well, thank you. Uh? What was your name again?"

Suddenly, a chill envelops you. The cold, pragmatic voice enters your mind. Be careful. The servants of the brute are coming to get you. And just as the voice finishes, a pallid hand touches your shoulder. You turn around to face the unforgiving stare of a murder-servitor, along with five more of its ilk.

"Follow."

"To where?" you ask rhetorically.

The machines prime the lasguns grafted into their arms. "Follow."

Making a split-second decision, you choose to:

A. Follow the servitors, presumably to the Captain.
B. Resist, ready to fight if needed. You have a feeling a few crewmates might fight for you.
C. Run away, using the living, feeling crewmembers as shields and obstacles.
D. Do something else: ___

Kipeci

Arcane
This will end well... still, I guess it's promising that we weren't gunned down in the back like a dog? I'll vote A.

lightbane

Arcane
Took longer than expected. By the way, that must be a really good bodyglove if it counts as an artificer suit. :lol:

I vote for A. Time to meet the Captain. Delaying or attempting to escape will only make it worse. Hopefully he'll be so angry he won't notice the stolen goods... Assuming he simply doesn't beat her to death. However, Slaaneshi cultists like pain, so it should be okay.

Baltika9

Arcane
The Captain is already upset and I'm not walking into a disadvantageous ambush.
B

oscar

Arcane
I'm tempted to reconsider as well:

"The Captain - Hated
Khorne - Hated"

We might get away with annoyed but this could also spell a simple execution.

Cheesecake

Savant
Not an update but here's a drawing of how I imagine a few characters, namely Captain, Lena and Entek.
ePP4oLw.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom