Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Ruinous Powers (40K CYOA)

Cheesecake

Savant
This is it. Your pathetic existence is at an end, and just like your mother said it would go: quickly, early and painfully. The pirates came out of nowhere, jumping into the system in a blink of an eye. The merchant vessel you were on stood no chance.

Now, at Death's door, you come to fully hate yourself. How you've wasted your life on chems and gambling, though you were always lucky with that, fortunately for you. Now it seems your luck has run out, and you'll be lucky if the Emperor doesn't destroy your soul for your hedonism.

You're lucky, alright.

Crap, the voices are at it again. It's not fair; all the crazy and none of the high. Wait a minute, you didn't take any chems....

How unfortunate. Such a painful way to die.

Yeah. Just one more pill for the road, and you'll be ready.

I can give you more than a pill. We can make you more than ready.

Well, half your body is eviscerated, the other half slowly catching fire, and everywhere around you the voidcraft is slowly imploding. What could you lose?

Everything.

----

Tell us your name...
___

Disgraceful son, or shameful daughter?
M/F

We can give make your soul scream in ecstasy! (You have 4 points, pick any combination of 'gifts'.)

-Hardened skin (1 point) Never again know pain.
-Steel claws (1 point) Embrace what you are, animal.
-Serpentine tongue (1 point) Silver tongue, rusty dagger. Honeyed words, rotten heart.
-Witch eyes (1 point) Don't bother closing your eyes. Your daemons will never go away.

-Plaguehome (2 points) Live as one with your brothers and sisters, child of the Plaguefather.
-Beast-host (2 points) Primal blood runs through your veins, but it is not your own.
-Perfection (2 points) Have but a fraction of my beauty.
-Evershifter (2 points) Who doesn't like playing pretend?

-Artisan of Pus and Pox (3 points) Truly the prodigal child of Papa Nurgle!
-Flesh of Iron, Blood of Fire (3 points) Hatred is your bread, blood will be your wine. Murder will be our communion.
-Dominator (3 points) They all will love you, as you love me....
-Daemonkin (3 points) I will teach you a thousand names, and you will know them as your own.

-The Immortal (4 points) Death will be a foreign language to you, my child....
-The Destroyer (4 points) Let the galaxy burn, my champion....
-The Flawless (4 points) You will be the envy of everything, my image....
-The Seer (4 points) Play the Game for me, my pawn....

Will you give yourself truly to Chaos?
(Roll for an extra, free 'gift'. There is a slim chance it will be good item, a small chance of an average mutation, and a large chance of a detrimental deformity.)

And now, bask in your new form! (Briefly describe your previous appearance, prior to your death.)

(I'll gather votes separately, taking them individually for each section, ie. name, gender, mutations, and the extra gift to create a combined character. The appearance I'll choose from my own choice, unless many people vote for one specifically.)

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
:hmmm:

An LP where I possibly get to finally indulge my Slaaneshi urges? Good enough for me!

Female, Serpentine tongue, Dominatrix. Either that, or Female, Flawless. No extra gifts, we must preserve out perfect image!

No appearance preferences, the Prince of Pleasure will grant us a better one anyway.

Edit: Lena Cythriel sounds like a fine name.

Last edited:

oscar

Arcane
Similar to above,

F, serpentine tongue, dominator or F, perfection.

In either case I would add or substitute for hardened skin if it does not physically deform us.

Baltika9

Arcane
While I'm afraid two CYOAs will be a bit much for one author to handle, I can't help but thank you for a long-awaited Chaos LP. To business.

Rigo Masel
Male

A violent-looking man with a face that attests to a youth filled with conflict. Medium-athletic build of wiry muscles and a glimmer of base cunning in his eyes. Full head of hair, broken at one point by a long scar running along the side of his head and into the scalp. Has the scarred and calloused hands of a miscreant, driven to such a condition by numerous deadly fights and run-ins with the law.

No bonus traits.

The Destroyer.
Khorne gets very little credit, I wants me sum BLOOD!

Last edited:

Elfberserker

Liturgist
A chance to follow papa nurgle!? I don't know much about warhammer verse, but that plague spreading happy fatman is my favorite.

Rigo Masel
Male

Hardened skin
Artisan of Pus and Pox

Inf0mercial

Augur
Male
The Destroyer

I would like to genuinely play a Khrone cyoa, i mean its always normally Imperial or one Ork quest i know off that is on hiatus.

Violet

Literate
Lena Cythriel

I agree with Oscar and Nevill.
Female
A serpentine tongue + Dominator or flawless
I refuse to give in to chaos
"A white skinned femme fatale with seductive eyes like amethysts. Her hair glides past her waist; in waves darker than coal."
Feel free to rewrite this, this is just a basic idea of what I wanted her to look like before she died.

Esquilax

Arcane
Let us be a beautiful, plague-ridden monstrosity.

F, Helene Vandire, Perfection + Plaguehome. I feel like living dangerously so I'll gamble: Give ourselves fully to chaos.

Cheesecake

Savant
Male 1234
Female 123456

Female

serpentine tongue 1234
dominatrix 123
flawless 12
perfection 12
destroyer 123
hardened skin 12
artisan of pus and pox 1
the immortal 1
evershifter 1
plaguehome 1

Serpentine tongue has the most votes, and it costs 1 point. The next highest votes are Dominatrix and The Destroyer, but the latter costs four points while the former costs three. So the combination as of now is Serpentine Tongue and Dominatrix.

gift
yes 12
no 1
the rest are undecided.

We'll be rolling for the gift then.

I'll let the voting continue for another hour, then I'll begin. We'll also be going with Lena Cytheriel (unless another name is voted on) and Violet's description.

Cheesecake Can you clarify what witch eyes are/do?

Basically they let you see the Warp in ways even greater than most psykers. It almost becomes like a sixth sense.

lightbane

Arcane
I'm going to vote for Witch Eyes and Daemonkin, just for fun.
Also, LOL CHAOS give in and accept the gift!!

Cheesecake

Savant
NEW VOTES:

Male:
Baltika9
Elfbeserker
Inf0mercial
archaen

Female:
Nevill
oscar
Violet
Major_Blackhart
Azira
Esquilax

Female.

Gifts:

Hardened Skin: (oscar), Elfbeserker, hello friend, root 3(4)
Steel Claws:
Serpentine Tongue: Nevill, oscar, Violet, root 4
Witch Eyes: hello friend, lightbane, (root) 2(3)

Plaguehome: Esquilax 1
Beast-host:
Perfection: (oscar), Esquilax 1(2)
Evershifter: hello friend, root 2

Artisan of Pus and Pox: Elfbeserker1
Flesh of Iron, Blood of Fire:
Dominator: Nevill, oscar, Violet 3
Daemonkin: lightbane, (root) 1(2)

Immortal: archaen 1
Destroyer: Baltika9, Inf0mercial, Major_Blackhart 4
Flawless: (Nevill), (Violet) (2)
Seer: Azira 1

(The votes in (brackets) aren't counted unless the voter's original choice didn't make it.)

-Tied between Destroyer and Serpentine Tongue. The Ruinous Powers will decide for us with their dice rolls. Serpentine Tongue it is! 3 points left.
-Tied between Hardened Skin and Dominator. The gods decide your fate. Hardened Skin! 2 points left.
-Tied between Witch Eyes, Perfection, and Evershifter. The Warp takes you. Perfection! No points left.

Gift?
Yes:
archaen
Esquilax
hello friend
lightbane
root

No:
Nevill
Baltika9
Violet

The Warp will prove your worthiness. (Roll: 1) And it has found you wanting.

Hopefully this new voting system is easier and less prone to mistakes, 'cause I make a lot of them (as you've seen) :P Also going with Lena Cythriel and Violet's description 'cause I can't be bothered to count votes after the mutation votes :I

Name: Lena Cythriel

Gifts:
Serpentine Tongue
Hardened Skin
Perfection

---

You open your eyes, and for a split-second you are stricken with the unimaginable horror of the Warp in its fullest, primeval glory. Thankfully, your pitiful, mortal eyes are utterly burned as soon as they open. You scream your thanks for the small reprieve.

A giggling, androgynous voice coos in your head, moaning and sighing. Yes, my sweet. Feel the pain! The pleasure! Appreciate the beauty and filth that is the Warp! You feel a gentle caress envelop your body, bringing you tantalizingly close to spiritual orgasm. You feel your deformities and unsavory features melt away. You feel your hair regain its youth and vitality and shine. Your scream changes as well, from your gruff rattle to a melodic moan, startling yourself.

You no longer fear the pain! You welcome it, savor it. Enjoy it! Enjoy receiving pain! You lick your lips, and realize your tongue is more nimble and whiplike than before. And enjoy inflicting it!

A deep, unsettling laugh drowns out both your groans and the first voice's giggling. No, no! Dear child, sweet daughter, pain will do you no good! Come, and feel the pain no longer!

You startle as your pain is replaced with a soothing cool. Inside, you are torn between being thankful for the loss of the excruciating pain, but furious that you hadn't reach climax yet. The first, giggling voice shrieks, devastating your incorporeal ears.

Fool! No! Enjoy the beauty of the pain! Without pain, there is no pleasure! You feel an increased pressure, but you can only sense a tingling numbness. You think that without your new skin, thsi would be pain unimaginable. The giggling voice shrieks again. You hear the gurgling baritone laugh.

---

You open your eyes again. For a moment, you shield yourself, dreading (and secretly wishing) that you would see the beautiful, horrifying vista of the Warp. Instead you see the void of space, through a holographic window in your room. Wait, room?

With a quick survey, you recognize the room befitting a military holding cell. Were you in the hands of the Imperial Guard? Your heart sinks. Surely, if what the posters said was true, they could discern heretics with a glance, and vaporize you with a word! Slaanesh protect me....

Slaanesh, who's that? You don't know where you learned it, but you know the name almost as well as you know your own, Lena Cythriel. You know another name as well. This one older, much, much older, and the mere sound of it speaks of death. Nurgle.

Your door swooshes open. A man in uniform stands menacingly in front of you, silhouetted against a blinding light coming from behind him. "Hoy, you hear me?"

"Hm?" You hadn't meant to sound as such, but it comes out melodically, the sound dancing through the air. You can hear the man's heartbeat race.

"Ahem. Um, uh...." He loosens his collar. "If you're alright, ma'am, you can come outside. My captain wishes a word." Instinctively, you curve your lips without wishing to. "Um, of course, whenever you're ready." He walks away, trying to regain his poise.

You hear another voice. "Where's the prisoner, sir?"

"Prisoner? Oh, right. She's, um, she'll be out soon."

"I'll go check on her-" You hear a resounding slap from out your door.

"I mean, leave her be. Those are direct orders."

You decide to:

A. Go out immediately and follow them.
B. Stay awhile and leave. It's good to be fashionably late.
C. Stay in your cell. If they want to see you, the ugly mongrels must come to you.
D. Leave but wander around.
E. Do something else ____

Esquilax

Arcane
Let's sit tight for now. I'm sure that we can convince these brave Imperial Guardsmen that this is all a simple misunderstanding. They probably haven't seen a woman in ages, let alone one as inhumanly striking as Lena. I'm just praying that we aren't going to be interrogated by some very sharp, mentally tough Inquisitor.

A

Last edited:

Baltika9

Arcane
Let's sit tight for now. I'm sure that we can convince these brave Imperial Guardsmen that this is all a simple misunderstanding. They probably haven't seen a woman in ages, let alone one as inhumanly striking as Lena. I'm just praying that we aren't going to be interrogated by some very sharp, mentally tough Inquisitor.
You know, I was pretty bummed that Khorne didn't win the vote (he never does), but then the Slaanesh+Nurgle combination happened. Space cocktease spreading roided-up STDs will be pretty cool.
B

archaen

Cipher
Patron
A. Why dilly dally? Captain wants to see us and we want to turn his soul over to the warp.

Esquilax

Arcane
You know, I was pretty bummed that Khorne didn't win the vote (he never does), but then the Slaanesh+Nurgle combination happened. Space cocktease spreading roided-up STDs will be pretty cool.
B

Don't worry, when this character inevitably dies in a few updates as a result of something stupid we did, we'll have another shot at picking a Khornate berserker.

I was gunning for Plaguehome for the gross STD factor, yes. Maybe down the road...

Last edited:

Inf0mercial

Augur
A

Why wait? Gotta get on going on. Also lol Slaneesh getting fucked over by Nurgle.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom