Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

Matalarata

Arcane
Patron
Dynasty Warriors mixed with RTS?

Yep, that's the gist. I remember it fondly from the xbox era, the only game I miss from that console actually. It's a clusterfuck, but if it clicks for you, it provides a form of gameplay I've never experienced. It's divided in a serie of different campaigns, one per general. You have both field battles and strategic movement on a map which is more or less linear, little detours here and there and a few optional battles. In cities and encampments you can equip and level up your troops, liutenants and General, there's a basic skill trees which determines which kind of units your officers can command.
In Musou mode, you control your uber general and generate SP by performing moves and hitting enemies. You can control and give orders to your various regiments, although you rarely have more than 2-3 at a time and iirc never more than 4. Your general is always accompanied by a melee unit of his own.
Regiments can generate SP themselves by performing special actions. Charging cavalry is the best SP engine and mounted archers are a pita to setup properly but can also inflict good damage on top of SP generation from simple reanged attacks, like archers. Lancers/axe throwers stop charges and collect SP that way.

You can use said SP to power spells from your general or liutenant (one per regiment plus 2 accompanying your general in his own unit) or for special abilities, like Scorpion's earthquake. Spells are pretty basic, nukes and healing mostly but they do offer an added layer and are generally fun to use. Some units, like the swamp mammoth, are ginormous in size and impressive for the game era.

In this one you have an human army and Dark elves + orcs, the second chapter expands on factions, separating Elves and Orcs better (although some campaigns offer the old mixed army setup) and adding nice units like elementals.

Modron

Arcane
JEF

Knights of Light an action rpg set in 7th century central asia is on Early Access now.

Point and click adventure game

Interesting looking retro sidescroller

Codex favorite subject material rpg.

Last edited:

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
Why are there only 2 games on week long deals today?Is there an upcoming sale this week or is it just a glitch in the Matrix?

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
For anyone out there who hasn't heard of This is the Police 1 and 2, check out the threads linked. Not perfect games, but both worthwhile in my opinion. Not for everyone, read reviews first. If you like real noir you can get a lot out of these.

Last edited:

Modron

Arcane
What the hell? Binary Domain is already in my Steam library. I guess I better check it out!
Japanese do some of their best vidya making when riffing on western genres, Binary Domain was a Gears of War type game developed by the Yakuza guys so it was actually kind of fun. Now it's entirely possible you might not like the game but it really is the best face of popamole.

The reason you have it, is probably because it's been bundled a couple of times over the years.

Latelistener

Arcane
Pathologic 2 has its biggest discount yet,I decided to grab it along with the dlc
Just so you know, it's 1/3 of the game. It has only 1 campaign from the original. While I'm sure they'll probably finish it someday, it feels like Early Access for now.

Wunderbar

Arcane
Pathologic 2 has its biggest discount yet,I decided to grab it along with the dlc
Just so you know, it's 1/3 of the game. It has only 1 campaign from the original. While I'm sure they'll probably finish it someday, it feels like Early Access for now.
even with only 1 campaign, it's a 30-40 hours long complete game.
If you didn't know there were to be two more campaigns added, you wouldn't know anything was missing.

zwanzig_zwoelf

Graverobber Foundation
Developer
even with only 1 campaign, it's a 30-40 hours long complete game.
If you didn't know there were to be two more campaigns added, you wouldn't know anything was missing.
Also judging by the first three days, it's a meatier campaign compared to the original.
There's more content than you can access within a single playthrough, and I'm pretty sure I don't even know about a decent chunk of it.

Azalin

Arcane
Patron

I know,one of the reasons I hadn't bought it until now is that,but hey it's a big discount so fuck it

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom