Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline Visual Novel Recomendation Thread

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2018-08-14-sekai-project-hit-by-significant-layoffs

Sekai Project hit by significant layoffs
CEO confirms "many" of its staff have been let go, employee reports suggest entire LA office has been closed

The visual novel publisher Sekai Project has laid off an unspecified number of staff, part of a streamlining process designed to make it more nimble and reactive to market conditions.

In a post on the company's official site, CEO Christopher Ling said that "many" of Sekai Project's "employees, co-workers, and friends" have been made redundant.

"Most of the staff that was let go over the course of the year was in marketing, whereas translation, programming, editing and QC are still diligently working on current and future projects," Ling said.

"In the coming days, the company will be going through a restructure so we can be more nimble, focused, proactive and more like the company we were when we first started."

Ling assured the company's fans that all of its current projects will continue, though he acknowledged that some would be delayed due to the streamlining process. In a comprehensive summary of what Sekai Project was working on, Ling detailed 13 different projects in various states.

One of those projects, Tokyo Chronos, was crowdfunded through Kickstarter, and Ling offered another statement on the layoffs on its official page on the platform.

"Due to the necessity of restructuring the company to better take on the changes in the market, these layoffs were an unfortunate consequence," he said. "This was not a decision that came easily and we sincerely thank them for their commitment and time with us."

That is Sekai Project's official account of the layoffs, but statements from the company's staff suggest that the redundancies run even deeper. Frances Delgado, a brand manager, said on Twitter that the entire Los Angeles office had been let go.

This is the latest setback in what is proving to be a difficult year for Sekai Project. In July, it was one of a handful of visual novel companies that faced issues releasing new games on Steam, as Valve appeared to crack down on what it perceived to be content too adult for the store.

However, this does not appear to be a factor in Sekai Project's present difficulties, as dozens of its products are currently on sale through Valve's platform.

Shackleton

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture

So Steins Gate and it's sequel are at half price for the pair, £25. It's still a sizable chunk of cash though, are they worth it? I'm not any sort of VN afficionado, but I do like stories around time travel and science fiction. Figured this thread was the best place to ask for opinions.

Gerrard

Arcane
https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2018-08-14-sekai-project-hit-by-significant-layoffs

Sekai Project hit by significant layoffs
CEO confirms "many" of its staff have been let go, employee reports suggest entire LA office has been closed

The visual novel publisher Sekai Project has laid off an unspecified number of staff, part of a streamlining process designed to make it more nimble and reactive to market conditions.

In a post on the company's official site, CEO Christopher Ling said that "many" of Sekai Project's "employees, co-workers, and friends" have been made redundant.

"Most of the staff that was let go over the course of the year was in marketing, whereas translation, programming, editing and QC are still diligently working on current and future projects," Ling said.

"In the coming days, the company will be going through a restructure so we can be more nimble, focused, proactive and more like the company we were when we first started."

Ling assured the company's fans that all of its current projects will continue, though he acknowledged that some would be delayed due to the streamlining process. In a comprehensive summary of what Sekai Project was working on, Ling detailed 13 different projects in various states.

One of those projects, Tokyo Chronos, was crowdfunded through Kickstarter, and Ling offered another statement on the layoffs on its official page on the platform.

"Due to the necessity of restructuring the company to better take on the changes in the market, these layoffs were an unfortunate consequence," he said. "This was not a decision that came easily and we sincerely thank them for their commitment and time with us."

That is Sekai Project's official account of the layoffs, but statements from the company's staff suggest that the redundancies run even deeper. Frances Delgado, a brand manager, said on Twitter that the entire Los Angeles office had been let go.

This is the latest setback in what is proving to be a difficult year for Sekai Project. In July, it was one of a handful of visual novel companies that faced issues releasing new games on Steam, as Valve appeared to crack down on what it perceived to be content too adult for the store.

However, this does not appear to be a factor in Sekai Project's present difficulties, as dozens of its products are currently on sale through Valve's platform.

What a shame.

xIBM8WC.jpg

Nostaljaded

Savant
Care to elaborate without spoilers?

Ok if it's like an eroge version of Hannibal Lecter and if the writing is decent. :M

In a parallel world, the history takes a different turn at the start of the 20th Century. Black death plague ravages the European Countries, death toll is so high that when the Ottoman Empire strikes from the east they are powerless to resist. In the name of Jihad, Europe burns.

Kuu Klein is the only survivor of black death in his village in Germany and he flees all the way to Beijing to survive the war and the plague. He has the ability to read minds but it brings him only more suffering.

Ten years later, when the World War starts chaos and poverty spreads to Beijing. He decides to go back to his hometown, better to be at home if the war will be everywhere... But there are no trains to Europe except the rumored "Black Train Joan". He tries to get on that train but the only people with the "Black Ticket" are allowed to board.

Unable to find a way to get abroad he gives himself to alcohol, later that day on the street he meets a girl who offers him a black ticket. Somehow he can't read the thoughts of this particular girl. She can't speak a word either, an another strange thing about her is that she covers her hands with long dark gloves, never taking them off for any reason...

After some difficulty in conversation, he learns that her name is Emma and she would give him a ticket if he agrees to travel to Europe as her companion. They board the train together and take of on a journey that will take them over seven bridges and many ordeals...
:abyssgazer:

Liar-soft games are so feckin weird

Is it any good? Description sounds awesome. Train stories are fun!

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Uncensored? Oh boy.

oh boy oh boy oh boy

The developers describe the content like this:

“This title features mature content that may not be suitable for all audiences, including fictional depictions of graphic violence featuring murders involving decapitation, severed limbs, and bruised naked bodies, as well as graphic sexual scenes between adults.”

M-metal!

Last edited:

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Mystery thing from Idea Factory's Otomate label:

Is that supposed to be a reverse harem?

Otome, so kind of. Otome meaning "maiden" in japanese is a genre aimed at women (and as a bonus gay men) specifically. Like the male equivalent it's usually pandering with some chances of decent writing and what-not.

It's become bigger here in the west for obvious reasons so publishers are localizing them more often.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Five? So Higurashi is 1 and 2 and Umineko is 3 and 4? I really like Umineko. I hope the music will be good in 5!

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Five? So Higurashi is 1 and 2 and Umineko is 3 and 4? I really like Umineko. I hope the music will be good in 5!

Yeah Question and Answer arcs are different episode.

When They Cry are all very entertaining reads. Hope this one is as good

Jvegi

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Any good new incest themed translated hentai visual novels I should be aware of?

Preferably ones not full of boring downtime.

Thanks.

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
The art style in VNs is getting worse and worse.
Please look at what Key has made and say that again. Or look at the older Higurashi games, as a matter of fact.

I see nothing but pedo bait and moe shit.
He says this with a Rance avatar. A series with both lolis and a moe modern art style.

And my point being these were made some time ago and look like shit. As time went on at least it's now competent.

M. AQVILA

Arcane
The art style in VNs is getting worse and worse.
Please look at what Key has made and say that again. Or look at the older Higurashi games, as a matter of fact.

I see nothing but pedo bait and moe shit.
He says this with a Rance avatar. A series with both lolis and a moe modern art style.

And my point being these were made some time ago and look like shit. As time went on at least it's now competent.

The only loli I've seen so far (that I remember) is Nobunaga's sister in Sengoku Rance. Only after at least Sengoku Rance did the series take the modern route of moe and lolis, something I absolutely dislike. Which is why I said the art style is getting worse and worse. Did you even play the old Rance games?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom