Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Wasteland 2 Kickstarter Now Live!

hiver

So, uh, I decided to make this thing.

LETS MAEK IT HAPEN BROS

3xE1N.jpg
You should have used a big res of this as one of the rewards for those that give money for the codex statue in the game.

Codex statue? I want in on this. Considering 5000 / 30 people if each should receive a digital copy that would be 166 dollars per person, which is a bit much perhaps. But I might just leave a small contribution for it and just pledge 15 dollars any way for a digital copy as well.

skuphundaku

Economic devastator, Mk. 11
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2 My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
The Double Fine Kickstarter is done. The final tally is 87,138 backers and $3,335,265. That's a good point of reference. I think that expecting W2 to get at least half of that is reasonable.

Peter Brofisted the fuck out of you, bro. Majestically majestic.

Gave 500 to Schafer, thinking about pledging 1k now to Fargo... dear God what have I done!

BROUGHT FORTH THE INCLINE, THAT'S WHAT.

Peter

Arcane
Yeah, I think around 1.5mil is certainly possible. Was kinda skeptical about it reaching a million a couple of hours ago, but it's already almost at 400k, so it'll make more than enough even when the whole thing dies down.

TripJack

Hedonist
i dont think faceshit is necessary for a kickstarter account bro likaq

its just an optional feature for web 2.0 hipster faggots

skuphundaku

Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2 My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Hey guys.
I using this guide: http://blog.fallout-archives.com/podderzhim-fargo-vmeste , can i pledge without login in faceshit?
I don't speak(or read) Russian, so I don't know that that page says, but you can do it without Facebook, of course. You just need to create an account on Kickstarter. To do that, you need just an email address, but they don't ask for any confirmation so, unless you're prone to forgetting your passwords, you can even enter a bogus email address, although I don't know why would you want to do that in this case. After that, the payment is done via Amazon, so, if you already have an Amazon account, it's very easy. If not, you'll have to create one and then enter your card information first.

Livonya

Augur
Patron
I threw down $100 today.

In 1980 when I first started playing computer games I always thought that in 30 years the games would be amazing.

What I didn't know was that the industry would get stuck in graphics mode and the actual game play would stagnate.

The Dwarf Fortress and Mount & Blade models of funding seemed like they might help, but this kickstarter thing seems even more encouraging.

So I figure $100 is the least I can do to try to get some sort of true alternative to the garbage that comes out these days.

I really hope this works.

likaq

Arcane
Hey guys.
I using this guide: http://blog.fallout-archives.com/podderzhim-fargo-vmeste , can i pledge without login in faceshit?
I don't speak(or read) Russian, so I don't know that that page says, but you can do it without Facebook, of course. You just need to create an account on Kickstarter. To do that, you need just an email address, but they don't ask for any confirmation so, unless you're prone to forgetting your passwords, you can even enter a bogus email address, although I don't know why would you want to do that in this case. After that, the payment is done via Amazon, so, if you already have an Amazon account, it's very easy. If not, you'll have to create one and then enter your card information first.

skuphundaku

Patron
Hey guys.

You're welcome!

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
I seriously wanted to donate, even before the Codex Statue thing, but being recently unemployed now I'm torn between doing it and saving monies until I get in a better situation :(

Ah well, I could always look into donating a little bit, I guess …

PorkaMorka

Arcane
I really wanted to troll you guys by vocally refusing to donate, but he won me over with that video and the words "turn based" "top down" and "party based".

100$ to the Codex and a token payment to the Kickstarter.

You guys should pull back some money from the Kickstarter and use it to get the Codex immortalized in statue form. The goal is one that we can reasonably accomplish.

Those petty rewards (miniatures and cloth maps) are meaningless compared to the glory of the Codex.

Plus, if you donate to the game but don't get a free copy you can always "acquire" a free digital download edition from elsewhere. And that edition comes with bonus edginess.

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath
I seriously wanted to donate, even before the Codex Statue thing, but being recently unemployed now I'm torn between doing it and saving monies until I get in a better situation :(

Ah well, I could always look into donating a little bit, I guess …

A real Codexian would be on the street corner selling his arse in order to not make this post, lad. Go now. Away with you.

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
Wasteland 2
Please, stop with this “I've put 10$ for the statue” bullshit. All your money should go through codex statue found even if it means sacrificing physical goodies. This project needs all your monies, you don't have to secure copy now !
You can buy a box when game will get shipped and turns out good, you may buy on sale.

What do you prefer a perk like any other regular backer, or the Codex Troll ingame statue ?

You have a chance to fund glorious Codexia shrine only now... There wont be a second chance...

I mean 500 x 10$ is not going to happen, but 100 x 50$ is doable ! Do your patriotic duty !

OGbaQ.png

Offtopic: GSC should totally make a PC exclusive S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 kickstarter.

Alex

Arcane
Don't those budgets include marketing prices, distribution costs and other stuff?

Also, we just reached the $400,000 mark!

Gregz

Arcane
It makes me wonder: how far does $1,000,000 actually go?

I'm watching Tim Cain's Fallout post mortem (http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/tim-cain-gdc-2012-fallout-post-mortem-video.70111/) and he says Fallout 1 had a budget of $3,000,000, and that was in the mid 90's.

I don't know the details, but I'm guessing that the risk/borrowing/debt/interest structure traditional shops use is rather bloated. Also, the game doesn't need physical media publishing or marketing, so the 900k will go into paying everyone's salaries for a year. They won't be in debt, so it won't kill them if it flops...there is only upside 'risk' (profit) rather than the usual downside risk (didn't break even).

Worse case scenario, it doesn't sell a single copy (not likely), and everyone on Brian's team get's paid from day 1 to when the game goes gold.

turrican

Educated
Backed it with $15 for great justice. Honestly, if they would just license the JA2 engine it would already be cumtastic very nice. Turn based is a huge turn on.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom