Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Wasteland Wasteland 3 - Brian Fargo does Colorado - now in BETA - coming August 28th

Discussion in 'inXile Entertainment' started by Zorba the Hutt, Sep 28, 2016.

1. Daedalos Arcane The Real Fanboy

Daedalos
    How hard would it really be to support win7 and win10? every other fucking game seems to manage it quite well with little downtime, but no, not microdick, MUH WIN10.

Convert or die.

Calm down niggers, Im alrdy tryna make an usb win10 installation ding dongle. BUT IM MAD

• Doggy Doggy x 1
    • Balanced Balanced x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. Doma Augur

Doma
    Oh my, there are still Win 7 holdouts? Are you guys really that poor? Cannot afford a key?

This reminds me so much of the Windows 98 holdouts years after XP was standard.

At some point, you just have to move on.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Racist Racist x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. J_C One Bit Studio Patron Developer

J_C
    Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
    It's not about the money for them. ITS DEH PRIVACI!

• cuck cuck x 2
    • sheeple sheeple x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. Daedalos Arcane The Real Fanboy

Daedalos
    Or you know, just comfort. don't fix what aint broken. Windows 7 works FLAWLESSLY in just about any game i've played, meanwhile, alot of win10 fags have trouble with optimization, graphics etc. in alot of games.

also laziness.

Win10 is basically the equivalent of consoles

• Funny x 3
    • rolleyes x 3
    • Agree x 1
    • FAKE NEWS x 1
    • Yes x 1
    • Bad Spelling x 1
    • retadred x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. rusty_shackleford Arcane

rusty_shackleford
    "why yes I willingly give all of my personal information to massive multinational corporations, why do you ask?"

• Funny Funny x 4
    • cool story bro cool story bro x 1
    • Despair Despair x 1
    • "It was Aliens" "It was Aliens" x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. J_C One Bit Studio Patron Developer

J_C
    Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
    I know you do. Unless you cut yourself from the internet.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • sheeple sheeple x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. Abu Antar Tweet, tweet Patron

Abu Antar
    Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    I'm happy with win7 for now. When I feel like it is restricting me, I will move to win10. Worth noting; I don't play many AAA games on PC anymore.

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. Lemming42 Arcane

Lemming42
    I've still got Windows 7 (64 bit). Not for any ideological opposition to Windows 10 or anything, I just never bothered to upgrade. Hope the release version is Win 7 compatible or Fargo will pay.

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. Sordid MCA/Prosper Hybryd Arcane Patron

Sordid MCA/Prosper Hybryd
    Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    I have W7 (64). Beta works fine on my PC.

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Grab the Codex by the pussy Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Huh, the Game Stack Live talk hasn't started yet but they uploaded this:

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Grab the Codex by the pussy Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Live now:

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. Daedalos Arcane The Real Fanboy

Daedalos
    Did you set up any specific settings? or run anything specific on Win7? perhaps in terms of unity?

• No No x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. Sordid MCA/Prosper Hybryd Arcane Patron

Sordid MCA/Prosper Hybryd
    Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    No. I just start it from Steam as any other game. The only problem that I have is that sometimes my mouse stops working. The game just doesn't react to it, the keyboard still works though. The only way to solve it is to restart the game.

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Heh the last few minutes of this will make grognards angry. It was a decent panel though, the host asked good questions.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2020
    ^ Top  
  15. 4too Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

4too
    Surprised

Border line on low end of PC spec’s. Win 10, i5 2400 3.1, 8 gig ram, 2 gig Nvidia GT630, SSHD.

So it’s Steam or nothing. ;) Resurrected / Transferred old Steam account and downloaded Beta.

Played some as was installed.

Movie part ok.

Character set up ok, point and click seemed normal.
    Not a struggle. No pushing the pointer or missing the highlight.

Video in game was challenged, and I tripped over the first fight. Ranger level.
    Lived another day because I put 2 points in main weapon and hunkered down after shots.

Detail good enough, even with all the busy ranging graphics flicking about.
    One time a spider web of possible trajectories then a ray tracing glory.

Will see what I can turn off, to calm it down, as my eyes adjust to the stuttering simulation.

4too

• Brofist x 1
    • hopw roewur ne x 1
    • incline x 1
    • Prestigious x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Fabulously Optimistic x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. Abu Antar Tweet, tweet Patron

Abu Antar
    Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    I played a little bit. From what little I did play, it's a prettier, more edgy Wasteland 2. You only play with two characters in the demo (so far). I made a combat focused dude (assault rifles), with first aid and a handy chick, with a shotgun. If you don't want to make your own character, there are a few pairs of rangers to choose from. I don't know why would want to do that, though. There's full cover, half cover, breakable objects, and explosive barrels. Assault rifle seemed good enough as a long ranged option, and shotgun felt better than W2. But you have to get close up and personal. There's flanking to take advantage of, or get screwed over by.
    In the demo, they showed an example of how you can use your skill to turn a robot against your enemy. There's some other times where you get to use skills. None of that stupid shit from W2, where you had to wait 5 billion years for the skill to be used. There's no percentage chance, from what I gathered. Either you can succeed or your skill isn't high enough. There was a mine I detected with perception, but couldn't disarm. It couldn't be shot, but a frag grenade did the trick. It earned me a better AR, but my points in AR skill wasn't high enough, so I couldn't use it.

Writing is Wasteland 2 tier, but with more edge. Soundtrack did its work. Graphically, you will definitely feel that Pyke had something to do with the game, especially if you have played STASIS or CAYNE. The lighting and effects give me vibes of those games. Performance wise, I thought that it would be ass, but it's running well enough for me. With mixed settings. Most of the settings set to high, with some exceptions.
    The game looks good enough, has a better presentation than W3. My gut feeling tells me this will be a game that I will like, but not consider a classic.

If there's anything you want to ask, don't hesitate to do so. I'll do my best to answer.

• Brofist Brofist x 7
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    • :M :M x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Stream is over, here's the Wasteland 3 segment:

Last edited: Mar 18, 2020
    ^ Top  
  18. IHaveHugeNick Arcane

IHaveHugeNick
    Gotta say it looks great.

• Acknowledge this user's Agenda Acknowledge this user's Agenda x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Fabulously Optimistic Fabulously Optimistic x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Here's the Retcon Raider's beta video:

• Thanks! Thanks! x 3
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. rusty_shackleford Arcane

rusty_shackleford
    wow, this guy has a hollywood movie voice over-tier voice

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2020
    • Yes Yes x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. Quillon Magister

Quillon
    Heavy wep looks OP af, especially with that quirk.

Ambush ignored line of sight: https://youtu.be/ojY_WT8B_gs?t=2456 bug?

Hmn, not just ambush. Strange he can aim through/above hard/tall cover.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2020
    ^ Top  
  22. IHaveHugeNick Arcane

IHaveHugeNick
    The only complaint i have atm is how it seems way too edgy even by Wasteland standards.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • incline incline x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. Daedalos Arcane The Real Fanboy

Daedalos
    Maybe they too played D:OS 1 and 2, and overcompensated...

• Despair Despair x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. Daedalos Arcane The Real Fanboy

Daedalos
    Just bought win10 for 4 euro.. now to install..

Damn you Fargo

• hopw roewur ne hopw roewur ne x 1
    • gimme dem dolla bills gimme dem dolla bills x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • retadred retadred x 1
    ^ Top