Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

The Ticktockman

Scholar
I've got a copy of Left 4 Dead 2 up for trade. PM me if you're interested.

hoopy2

Novice
Of all the games I've bought so far, only Chantelise has definitely been a sound purchase. Bulletstorm would have been too, if it wasn't for GFWL making it unplayable. I wish I had remembered that before buying it.

X3 Albion Prelude is one of the worst games I've ever experienced. What kind of singleplayer game does not pause itself when you access the options menu? Serious Sam 3 has also been a disappointment.

BirdsCanFly

Educated
Of all the games I've bought so far, only Chantelise has definitely been a sound purchase. Bulletstorm would have been too, if it wasn't for GFWL making it unplayable. I wish I had remembered that before buying it.

X3 Albion Prelude is one of the worst games I've ever experienced. What kind of singleplayer game does not pause itself when you access the options menu? Serious Sam 3 has also been a disappointment.

Well just deactivate time compression and it'll take you 9 years to cross a sector, so it's not like you miss anything.

On another note, bought Asscreed II for 7 bucks and enjoying it immensely.

Multi-headed Cow

888A9EF50BFD4C8E127D5F708E5ACC83E08BD680

:yeah:

Blunderbusty

Novice
Formally AlaCarcuss - BrizVegas, Ozstralia
Huh? Nah, must've just been the demo.

- I'm getting 250-270 FPS
- Definately no letterboxing for me (@ 16:9)
- Day 1 DLC? .... so what else is new?

Game's a fucking blast... just..one..more..race....

WUT??

Only a fucking moron would give that POS game the time of day. I've met some idiots in my time mate, but you take the cake!!

You have successfully added AlaCarcuss to your ignore list

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
Well, it's 9.98 Euros on GG if you're buying it from Poland. I guess it's still a good deal, but with all the DLCs and expansions and stuff I'll wait for the inevitable "ALL THE JUNK IN ONE PACKAGE" edition next year.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
And nothing again for me today. Deus Ex HR is under $20 but you might want to hold off to see if Amazon goes lower.

Admiral jimbob

gay as all hell
Wasteland 2
Might get Riddick, actually. Been thinking about it for a while. Dude Sex is good for a tenner, probably won't be lower than that for a while. No Faggots 75% off again, it's a repeat but it's a great deal. Probably the best day so far, but... that's not saying much. Disappointing sale all in all.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Well, tomorrow will probably be the last day of new deals and I've only gotten $40ish of stuff... I might be desperate and get DAO! Also just crafted my last batch of coal and got... 50% off The Ball. The arbitrariness of this promotion is beyond stupid. Some people have gotten Skyrim and half a dozen other games while others have gotten squat.

Multi-headed Cow

I'll snag Puzzle Agent 2 and I guess Universe Sandbox today. Was mildly interested in that. Certainly gonna try trading X3 Gold for one/both though.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Today has the best deals...bought Super Meat Boy, Deus EX: HR, Shogun 2, Fallout : NV...some I already had a TPB version, but I fell better this way.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
these last couple of days have been worthless

games are either shit or i own them already

i might consider dotpw if it wasn't 15 euros with everything and thats too expensive for a consoletards mtg sorry wizards

Multi-headed Cow

The complete bundle is bullshit anyway. Get the base game for $4, get deck pack 1 for $1.20 and expansion for $2 if you want more decks to play with, and that's it. The rest of the DLC is FOIL VERSIONS OF CARDS and unlocking all the unlockable extra cards you get by playing the game regularly.

So yeah, $6 for the actual content.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
NV on sale again, and still no Lonesome Road here :rage:

I'm waiting on the GOTY anyway so it doesn't bother me but I can see why it would annoy peeps who own the game already.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom