Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
The offline mode does not work on my machine. I tried it twice and twice Steam said that all my games are not installed - I had to download and install them again! Never touching the offline mode after something like this.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Ye, offline mode sucks donkey-balls. I can't play my steam-games when I'm offline without a little "creativity" (which I have in place for all of my Steam games).

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Currently I've gotten Skyrim (christmas present from my brother), ArcaniA, which was fucking shit and I got bored with after 5 hours, and now I got Two Worlds 2 and the Pirate DLC. I have TW2 on the PS3, but the blur effect rapes my brian. Good thing I can easily edit out of the PC version.

Repressed Homosexual
Those fucking Steam special offers are addictive as hell. I got like 15 games just this week.

Yeah, it's a good idea to just buy a lot of games in the bi-annual sales to play for the rest of the year.

I stopped being desperate to play new releases on release day a long time ago. If it's not Risen 2 or a quality indie RPG I can fully wait for an 80% discount.

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Strange, mine always works. Unless a game has started updating already of course, which the Valve ones do every 2nd day. If I get the "Steam servers are too shitty" message, I just quit Steam, disable network connection, then re-enable when Steam is running.

Repressed Homosexual
More bad deals today.

Man, Amazon has much better discounts. It seems pretty obvious that they have much more bargaining power than Valve. Sucks about the US credit card/billing address thing.

Repressed Homosexual
I also don't understand the hunting for special discounts or something, it seems like a terrible waste of time. I'll pay the 3-5$, I don't want to waste time backtracking around doing stupid stuff.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Yeah I haven't gotten anything worthwhile from the rewards. Today I grabbed the Derpgeon Siege 3 DLC at 60% to go with the $5 I got the base game at from Amazon. Trying the demo for Xotic but that's probably all I'll get. I do recommend Binding of Isaac for the $1.24 they're asking. No brainer. Might not be in another indie bundle since it was already in the Voxatron bundle about a month ago.

If any one gets their hands on a NWN2 75% coupon I would be interested in trading something for it, coal, other coupons or a cheap game perhaps. A friend of mine would be interested in buying the game for a bit of a co-op romp through this game but since he missed the sale, I thought one of those coupons might actually come in handy.

mugarod

Liturgist
Project: Eternity
Is Shogun 2 worth it? I havent played total war game since Rome, and I am wondering if newer ones are good. Or should I get empire bundle instead? or both?

attackfighter

Magister
I pirate all total war games because they always have a million DLCs/Expansions that I can't be bothered to sift through.

Also, I won Drakensang! Second game I've won; the other one being HL2 which I already own. Funny thing about Drakensang is that I also won a coupon for it awhile ago...

Multi-headed Cow

Guess I'll probably pick up the Dungeon Siege 3 DLC. Might get Shogun 2 blood DLC and Rise of the Samurai. Not sure yet, Shogun 2 is the best Total War in quite a while, but I dunno if I'd be interested in an alternate campaign. Slightly tempted to pick up Edge, but ehhhhhhh.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Xotic is actually pretty nice albeit the FOV is somewhat cramped. I'll spend the day debating whether I'll get it or just hold out for an indie bundle.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Bros, I got Supreme Commander on the Holiday gift giveaway, any noble codexer wants it? It's an 8$ game , but I'll trade it no matter the price tags.

Multi-headed Cow

Woop, just traded Gemini Rue for Majesty 2 Collection, and Majesty 2 Collection for Xotic (Which looks kinda interesting). Then I traded Demolition Inc for 7 coal and GLOBAL OPS COMMANDO LIBYA http://store.steampowered.com/app/200020 which looks like an excellent piece of videogaming.

Gord

Arcane
For those who are not interested in todays steam sales, there is a sale going on over at Impulse/Gamestop, too.
They have some potentially interesting games, too.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Someone wake me up when DX:HR is under 20$.

It was $10 on Gamer's Gate and Amazon a few days ago as noted a few pages back. After that it popped up again on Amazon for $15ish or so but it's currently back up over $20.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
It was $10 on Gamer's Gate and Amazon a few days ago as noted a few pages back. After that it popped up again on Amazon for $15ish or so but it's currently back up over $20.

Yeah I saw that the other day, I just want the STEAM version. But I am not paying any more than 19.99$ for it.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
It's a Steamworks game -- no matter where you buy it, it activates on Steam.

Majestic47

Learned
what the monocled drill bird said it true.
Anyways, bought nothing again today. How is Prejudice, it looks shiny..and cheap?

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
Just bought TW:Shogun2 and all the DLC. I feel dirty.

edit: Like Jaesun I need a DE:HR sale. I 'demoed' the game from start to finish and I need to actually buy it to not feel like a thief.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom