Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Wasteland 2 Kickstarter Update #11: On Being Party-Based + New Video

Aeschylus

Swindler
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
This new video seems to have triggered a donation spike. :incline:
How could it not. Also, listening to MCA brought memories of LA raging back after a long time away. He is such a Californian.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
This new video seems to have triggered a donation spike. :incline:
How could it not. Also, listening to MCA brought memories of LA raging back after a long time away. He is such a Californian.

I've noticed that all the Obsidian employees seem to develop a rather effeminate California accent after a while. Even Feargus who is supposed to be Scottish!

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
Is that modern art, a declaration of love, or

661dfe50.jpg
247e7af6.jpg

hiver

Also, i think you guys should know. The Voting on different stuff that will be up for votes and suggestions and whatnot - will be open to everyone.
Anyone at all. Not just backers.

Its somewhat understandable yadda,yadda,yadda... but there you go.

And thats official.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Also, i think you guys should know. The Voting on different stuff that will be up for votes and suggestions and whatnot - will be open to everyone.
Anyone at all. Not just backers.

Its somewhat understandable yadda,yadda,yadda... but there you go.

And thats official.

Where are you getting this inside information? Has Brother None made you an honorary forum Ranger?

hiver

Nope.
I asked through kickstarter profile and got an answer from "inXile".

I should add that judging by the rest of the answer i got and todays new info it probably wont be a problem. But it is a potential problem as far as im concerned.

Anyway, now you know.

Stinger

Arcane
Hopefully those that didn't back won't be voting on things anyway. Either way it sounds like codex will have to step up when the time comes...as soon as we're done discussing what an RPG is anyway.

And for those wondering, yes I'm a backer now, I finally convinced my friend to donate for me and paid him in cash.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
It was interesting to hear we will get to see some of the areas of the original (in the beginning) as I am curious what he and the team will consider canon. Like will Highpool be littered in corpses (but have a fully intact and working water purifier)? And the perhaps the body of the Red Ryder... So many possibilities...

HanoverF

Arcane
Patron
MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
I think they would have been better off putting the shirt in an existing tier to try and get people to up their pledges instead of creating a whole new tier.

Mozgoëbstvo

Learned
I have, after this thread, no more doubts about the fact you'll mummify MCA when he dies and build a mausoleum to rival Lenin's.

It was only an itch at the back of my head before, now it's a certainty.

:hug: :mca: :hug:

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Your logic is flawed by assumption the that MCA will die one day. Just look at him, started to work on a real RPG and rejuvenated 10 years!

jewboy

Arbiter
I am wondering if Fargo's points about the perspective implies something about the 2 engines he's considering. His comments about the scale of the perspective were interesting, but it doesn't sound to me like his comments were conclusive about the top down vs iso issue. Perhaps an iso perspective that is very close to top down. I'd prefer a perspective that is adjustable from close to straight down to maybe 45 degrees from top down and zoomable in scale.

And MCA is right. Fargo is really good at this. Very impressive video. And his point about the beta being important might get some peeps (like me) to at least go in for the $75 tier. I was basically planning to do that anyway, but this just reinforces it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom