Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Community More Divinity prizes, physical box copies available, raffles and more!

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Shadorwun: Hong Kong
We don't like the Misterious Stranger so much, so we ask for some other options - maybe a guild is easier to build than a new character ?

Turjan

Arcane
Who is keeping our donation page up to date? I need to send them a PM.

Turjan

Arcane
Ah, thanks. I actually logged out and now see that the information you see is personalized. I got a bit worried for a moment ;). But everything looks okay.

Temaperacl

Erudite
I agree with Vicar and Jaesun - we shouldn't be asking for more.

We are already getting quite a bit of content for our drives. The jailer, the statue replacement, and the Codex Imp / Watch Guild scenario, and all the additional in game content is, in my opinion, already more than we should be getting anyhow. Plus add on to that the individual / forum rewards we get.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I'm not donating for the rewards. I donated for the fun of it, the competition, and to support the developer. Generally speaking, the more rewards we pile on to the drive, the less favorably I view it (Not that it matters much since, after today, I don't know if I'll be back before the drive ends anyhow).
I do realize that some people are driven by rewards, however, and if your concern is that we have more people that could donate (instead of worrying about what rewards "you" or "your forum" are getting) but aren't because the rewards aren't good enough, then why not add rewards yourself? If this is a drive by our respective forums, why are we going to Larian to beg for more goodies instead of providing the additional rewards ourselves?

On the other hand, if you are one of those who are driven by the rewards, then it makes sense that you wouldn't want to be providing the reward yourself. In that case, though, it does just seem (like Vicar stated) like greed.

Kaldurenik

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Im happy with the "imp vs watch" thing, i want as much of the money as possible to be spent on the core game instead. No need for any other special rewards like "guilds" or other special quests / events.

The one we get will from my understanding have dialogue and you can decide to help either the imps or the watch (or neither) and then you can also see the results of the choice you made. This is a big reward overall so adding more to the rewards feels abit... greedy considering we are also getting good deals when we pledge to the codex or watch.

No idea if that made any sense im abit tired =(

Turjan

Arcane
Yeah, I think it's enough stuff we get. I just hope it turns out to be interesting and not break the mood of the game.

I still want to have a copy of the game, and I'm happy about the raffle ticket. However, in the very unlikely case I would win something, I fully expect to be paying for shipping. The most important thing is the game, everything else is just gravy.

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I am pledging for the fun of it and to support the developers.

Normally I'm doing this on my own - this time my fellow Watchers needed me and I'm a big fan of Larian. That's it.

The guild is simply an idea - if Larian says this is too costly - they should forget it, immedeately.

If it's easy to implement (maybe they have already one in the game) I will support it with another 1000$ or so.

Larian has already asked us for story ideas - we have a private forum for that at the Watch.

tadhg

Educated
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
That's just assuming your battle weary compatriots manage to cough up the necessary funds.

Clearly he should just donate the 1250 to the codex fundraiser because we can surely hit 8750.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom