Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

balmorar

Arcane
Queued Possibly Retarded The Real Fanboy Edgy
Risen 3

desnB5J.jpg

Astral Rag

Arcane
Many thanks.

I've always wanted to play an adventure game like this one. :salute:

It's not as good as the classics it "pays homage to" but it's fun and on the easy side so it's certainly not the worst adventure to start with. Unfortunately this is only the first part of a trilogy that may never get completed so it feels more like an extended demo than a full game.

I would definitely recommend trying some of the Lucasfilm/ LucasArts classics. Day of the Tentacle, the original Monkey Island games and Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis are all great places to start. You can use ScummVM to play them on a modern OS. You can also download the Maniac Mansion remake for free: http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/401/

Last edited:

Cazzeris

Many thanks.

It's not as good as the classics it "pays homage to" but it's fun and on the easy side so it's certainly not the worst adventure to start with. Unfortunately this is only the first part of a trilogy that may never get completed so it feels more like an extended demo than a full game.

I would definitely recommend trying some of the Lucasfilm/ LucasArts classics. Day of the Tentacle, the original Monkey Island games and Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis are all great places to start. You can use ScummVM to play them on a modern OS. You can also download the Maniac Mansion remake for free: http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/401/

I've already played most of Lucasfilm's Adventures. But I've always been interested in playing one with a western setting.

Anyway, thanks for recommending me that Maniac Mansion remake.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Yeah, it has a nice atmosphere and even writing, but the combat is just lame...

Wait till you get to the parts where quests become horribly contrived. There is one section where you need to infiltrate some base... and there is only one VERY SPECIFIC way to solve it, and it involves several silly steps (like, you need some electronic device, don't remember exactly which, and to get it you need to help the nerd who has it get a girlfriend... there is no other way! Oh, and of course, there is only ONE woman who can be the girlfriend and there is only ONE SPECIFIC way to make her fall in love with him, which involves several VERY SPECIFIC steps).

I gave up on the game around that part because when you screw up a potentially open quest idea like that by giving it a very specific solution - which is not even the most obvious one but kinda contrived and obscure, like in mid-90s adventure games - you know something's wrong with the quest design.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Many thanks.

I've already played most of Lucasfilm's Adventures. But I've always been interested in playing one with a western setting.

There was a Western Adventure called Three Skulls of the Toltecs, don't remember if it was any good tho.

Astral Rag

Arcane
There is also Sierra's Freddy Pharkas: Frontier Pharmacist, created by Al Lowe and Josh Mandel. Josh Mandel also worked (works?) on Fester Mudd.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom