Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wasteland Wasteland 2 Thread - Director's Cut

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
people wondering why the physical items are taking so long to be collected & shipped out to kickstarter backers:
my non-collectors edition boxed copy shipped from Koch Media GMBH aka Deep Silver in Osterreich, Austria.
Derp Silver, an excellent distributor.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I've just finished the game. Well, what can I say, it was a nice ride. Definitely one of the a big incline of 2014. Since I played the GOG version, I don't know how long did it take to finish it, but it was around a 100 hours I guess. Final impressions:
- nice turn based mechanics. Nothing fancy, but this game is not JA2. The depth of the character development and combat was just right IMO. The skill system is unbalanced (SAWYEEERRRR), there are crap like animal whisperer, brute force and even the speach skills are waste of skillpoints. You are better off putting those points into weapon skills, outdoorsman, lockpicking, demolition, safecracking, since you have to use them a LOT (maybe even too much).
- some nice locations (Damonta, Angel Oracle, Ranger Citadel), but overall I would have liked more unique locations, similarly to Fallout.
- graphics were decent. This is Unity, there is not much you can do about it. It was nice looking from a top-down view. UI was OK
- music and ambient and the voiceover were nice
- main story was underplayed, but it turned out enjoyable at the end.
- awful, and I mean AWFUL cover mechanics. Totally unpredictable which object is usable as cover, and which is not. Characters constantly shooting through solid walls make some battle annoying.

Overall I wasn't disappointed by the game, Inxile made a quite good crpg, which worth every penny. It is not a classic by any means, but a contender for the GOTY RPG award.

Many compare it with Divinity Original Sin. Volly especially likes to do that. While it is true tha W2 feels more oldschool, I wouldn't put either of them on a higher pedastal. I enjoyed them both, but neither of them blew my mind. They have their share of problems, but they are fun to the core.

Oh, and the ending slides were great. This is one of the greatest feature of cRPGs, I just love it if a game is doing this.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Ah, Cock Media, that seems good for me. They also shipped Broken Sword and that got to me fast once they said it was shipped.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
After getting my rather kewl Wasteland 2 boxed set I wanted to up my pledge for Torment to get that puppy all boxed as well. Unfortunately paypal is being a cunt and doesn't want to know my creditcard. Wonder how much shit like this has cost Inxile so far.

Oh, and the ending slides were great. This is one of the greatest feature of cRPGs, I just love it if a game is doing this.

Yeah, it really sums up what your effect on the gameworld has been. Which is pretty fucking awesome.

cutterjohn

Cipher
...so my box of boxiness goodness showed up today from Austria...

...hmmm... break the seals or ebay in 20y for $1B... such a dilemma... making me wish that I had pledged twice over now...

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
After getting my rather kewl Wasteland 2 boxed set I wanted to up my pledge for Torment to get that puppy all boxed as well. Unfortunately paypal is being a cunt and doesn't want to know my creditcard. Wonder how much shit like this has cost Inxile so far.

Yeah, it really sums up what your effect on the gameworld has been. Which is pretty fucking awesome.

If its a new card you want to attach to your paypal account, you have to have some money in that account to successfully attach it.
Other reason could be that that you have to limit the online transaction values at the bank that emitted the card.

StaticSpine

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Bros, what do I do in Darwin village facility?

I've found some old PC and the room with Night Terror and turrets.

sser

Arcane
Developer
Doing a LP of the game solo on Ranger difficulty. Should be interesting. (And by solo, I mean 1-character that recruits other characters. I don't think the game is possible having just one character without the most arduous savescumming in gaming history, anyway.)

StaticSpine

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
So cool :love:

NjGz.jpg

Black

Arcane
Oh btw, can you combine headshot + burt? Does it actually work or just fires regular burst?
sea pls respond

SniperHF

Arcane
Oh btw, can you combine headshot + burt? Does it actually work or just fires regular burst?
sea pls respond

You can burst headshot. And it works. Quite well. Add all items which are +hit chance and use crouch/cover for high % on burst headshots. You'll destroy everything.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom