Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recomend me some sims

aron searle

Arcane
So the Mrs wants some sim games, but being a woman wants ones with moderate difficulty, building cities or theme parks.

Sim city is to hard for her, theme hospital too easy, so I am scratching my head thinking of appropriate games.

All I can think of is theme park and startopia.

Ashery

Prophet
Caesar 3 and/or Pharaoh. Caesar is a bit easier but lacks some of the refinements from it's successors (Roadblocks, more detailed warehouse orders, etc). Both games almost boil down to the point of being puzzle games once you're familiar enough with their mechanics.

Screenshot from Pharaoh:

vjwqkiD.png

funkadelik

Arcane
The-Sims-4-release-date.jpg

THE END ALL BE ALL OF SIMS!

P.S.: Who wants to spend time building parks and cities when you can build relationships and reorganize your furniture?

aron searle

Arcane
which sim city?

Sim city 4 - The problem is that she is a perfectionists, its p hard to play sim city, ensure low crime/high education/universal health and low traffic levels AND balance your budget so you get lots of money to build.

It's an easy game if you are happy just creating dirty poor areas with low levels of services to feed jobs and money to the nice areas. (Roleplay USA)

Abelian

Somebody's Alt
Open Transport Tycoon Deluxe. Like Railroad Tycoon, but also including planes, trains and automobiles. It includes many usability improvements over Transport Tycoon Deluxe and it's free.

Stronghold is a nice medieval sim, but also features real-time combat. Settlers 2 has a nice easy-to-understand model of manufacturing goods for a colony.

phtmyr

Cipher
She might find The Movies (2007) (also has an expansion called Stunts & Effects) interesting. I don't like it very much since it plays more like The Sims rather than a business tycoon.

Capitalism II (2001) is pretty cool but it might be a bit complicated at first.

Pizza Tycoon (1994). Good, old, abandonware.

RollerCoaster Tycoon (2001) or RollerCoaster Tycoon 2 (2002) are fun and easy to get into.

spectre

Arcane
I have to second Transport Tycoon and Ceasar/Pharaoh and Settlers 2, though dunno if it'll stick if Simcity is teh hard.

I'd suggest Theme Hospital (abandonware), womyn tend to like this sorta medical stuff, even though it's very tongue in cheek.

Turjan

Arcane
Kerbal Space Program :obviously:
KxUHaU0.jpg

Thanks for that awesome pic. My new desktop. Awesome game, too.

Regarding SimCity 4: It's a well-hidden secret, that using building mods in the game makes the game easier. The reason is a bit complicated (most building mods follow the formula made for a well-known economics mod and yield a bit too much income). Also, one biggie: don't listen to the advisers, except when it's about replacing broken down power plants and such. Never follow advice about cool new schools or water pumps or similar. Buying the big water pump when the adviser wants it ruins your game. You can just switch those guys off.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom