Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Underrail Released

covr

Prophet
Patron
Downloading update. Can't wait to kill those cave rats again.

Perkel

Arcane
Friday release :D before weeken, before christmas before new year.
Ton of free time to play it.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Man, there's a bunch of new shit at the beginning of this game.

1353.gif

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Congrats Styg quite the accomplishment.

Gave it a bit of a runthrough today, hopefully will have more time for it later

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Didn't take long:

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198017076013/recommended/250520/

Slow, boring, and devoid of any soul and fun that made other games like Fallout great. UI is terrible, I turned the music off after 5 minutes, and other sounds are a pain to hear too.

You just need 5 minutes to tell if you'll like it or not : options are not even explained ( what does "Unobscuration Alpha" means ? "SCT duration" ? "Time between"... time between what ? ) and the tutorial gives you a gun and tries to teach you how to sneak... and that's all. Well guess what ? I did a Psi character that sucks with guns and stealth, and I don't have a single Psi ability... took me 5 minutes to kill a bot with 40% hit chance with the gun at point blank, and I would have died 100 times if the bot didn't do 0 damage.

The stealth system seems downright stupid and useless, as you can't see anything before it's in your direct line of sight, which means that you don't know what's around the corner and can't plan your moves, or know where the ennemy is.

The number of flaws during the first 15 minutes of the game are enough to make you want to quit. I bought it in EA to support the devs, thinking it would get better, but nope. Now I'm stuck with it and can't even get a refund.

Proof that a good game is not just a bunch of code holding graphics together : it needs a soul and a personality.

vealck

Novice
Welp, I guess it's time to throw some hard earned money in the general direction of this title.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
I like that triumphant "well guess what?" followed by an honest admission that he can't play unless the game holds his hand and tells him exactly what to do and when.

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
Underrail, fuck yeah.
Coming today, to save the motherfucking day yeah!

Underrail, fuck yeah.
Turn-based is the only way.

Bethesda your game is through,
Cause now you have to answer to
Underrail, fuck yeah.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
So it begins. Changing font to large does the trick on 1920x1080 for me.

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath
It's a great game, but there are a couple of annoyances:

1) Should have included a couple of sample builds for newbies
2) Tool tips in settings/options would be useful

Otherwise GOTY

Not tryin' to be a wiseacre but:

1) No.
2) Did you not notice the help/tips button?

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Congratulations, Styg! A suitable ending to what has been a great year for RPGs. :salute: I believe we did not experience so much :incline: since 1998.

Now only to find time to play through it all...

Perkel

Arcane
Downloaded it.
Started it
Made character
Listened to music
Seen Dialogs

Thinking

Gonna make a save

Making a save thinking - "Please, give me ability to name my saves !"

Made a save named " FUCK YES "

Switched it off.

Gonna puffup myself, sleep, shit and eat and generally prepare myself to play it first. This is gonna be great like booze and hookers.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom