Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mass Effect: Andromeda Pre-Release Thread

Atlantico

unida e indivisible
Patron
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Vatnik In My Safe Space
Make the Codex Great Again!
Contributing to thread derailment; I found the Mass Effect trilogy for 9 Euros, is it worth it you think at this price ? I am thinking it may be some decent mole-popping action till Tyranny and 1-2 patches come out

Worth it? That's a loaded question.

I can't recommend ME2, it's very bad, ME3 makes no sense, but if you restrict yourself to ME1 then sure go for it. ME1 is actually a good console game. The rest of the series is just :retarded:

:mrpresident:

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuude! I think ME2 is terrible but I get why some people are OK with it. There are people who defend it here.

But DA2 is one of the worst games ever made and significantly worse than ME2. I mean really.

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuude! I think ME2 is terrible but I get why some people are OK with it. There are people who defend it here.

But DA2 is one of the worst games ever made and significantly worse than ME2. I mean really.

Agreed. ME2 was thoroughly subpar (and the first sign I can remember of the new 'let's just streamline everything and make this a shooter/terrible romance simulator' philosophy at Bioware), but DA2 was atrocious.

Prime Junta

I don't get the ME1 is better than ME2 meme. Gameplay and itemisation were much better in ME2, and they were just about equally bad in terms of worldbuilding, RPG systems, C&C, story, and the other stuff that's supposed to matter in these parts.

I certainly enjoyed ME2 more, I just had to switch off the critical part of my brain and roll with it. If I did that with ME1, the clunky unenjoyable shooter mechanics still gave me a hernia.

sullynathan

Arcane
ME1 is an rpg, a bad one while ME2 is an enjoyable balanced action game. Just like how codex members have shown, they'll take a bad rpg over a good action game.

Prime Junta

ME1 is an rpg, a bad one while ME2 is an enjoyable balanced action game. Just like how codex members have shown, they'll take a bad rpg over a good action game.

Ehhh I don't get that either. What exactly about ME1 makes it a RPG that ME2 doesn't have? Penisgun IV that you turn into nanogel? A few stats that don't really mean shit for gameplay? Something else?

Caim

Arcane
ME2 is alright.
The only redeeming thing about ME2 is that they made the only black character's father a deadbeat dad who abuses women. I do wonder how that story-line got through the SJW's running bio.
Don't forget that if you romance him in ME2 he cheats on you in ME3.

Some guy's theories on how ME2 started the decline:

Last edited:

sullynathan

Arcane
story fag wants shit gameplay to continue so that he can watch a story. Pretty much what we were talking about. The guy wants bad rpg elements back.

Drax

Arcane
Mass Effect with more numbers (or at least some sort of real character system beyond science/magic abilities) and less interplanetary bukkakke would have been p. cool.

Freddie

Savant
Contributing to thread derailment; I found the Mass Effect trilogy for 9 Euros, is it worth it you think at this price ? I am thinking it may be some decent mole-popping action till Tyranny and 1-2 patches come out

Worth it? That's a loaded question.

I can't recommend ME2, it's very bad, ME3 makes no sense, but if you restrict yourself to ME1 then sure go for it. ME1 is actually a good console game. The rest of the series is just :retarded:
This is pretty close how I feel about this series. The first one is interesting effort but follow ups are... Well, ME2 is lame and ME3 is disjointed mess. ME2 can still be sort of interesting if you consider it from point of view of what they tried to do, sort of nu Battlestar Galactica and failed even there, because after all everything was about daddy issues. I see it's called decent popamole, but imo even older titles like RE5 do that better.

ME3... damn it's bad. Again there are different things attempted, but mostly it serves as informecial about how to fuck up a franchise. As trilogy you may also pay attention to these BioWare wymyns. In ME1 Ashley was at least some sort of attempt creating 3 dimensional character. They she had a sort of cameo in ME2 and in ME3 we get this new more 'femine' Ashley. In general it's obvious that these 'romances' just for pandering, which is quite telling regarding how they see their target audience, and boy, ain't they right.

For DLC, ME2 Kasumi tried something bit different and is okay. Lair of the Shadow Broker is more of the same ME2 stuff and Arrival is very short but indeed, bridge to ME3 which ME2 didn't managed to be. ME3 DLC's worth getting are maybe From Ashes and Citadel, Citadel being better of the two.

For 9 € ME1 alone might be worth it and regarding sequels in theory you may get lot of playing hours / €. Then, what are those playing hours worth if games fun factor lies in how BW fucked up their game?

If you are also considering purchasing DLC anyway, I would perhaps wait for complete pack to get better price / value ratio.

Prime Junta

ME3... damn it's bad. Again there are different things attempted, but mostly it serves as informecial about how to fuck up a franchise. As trilogy you may also pay attention to these BioWare wymyns. In ME1 Ashley was at least some sort of attempt creating 3 dimensional character. They she had a sort of cameo in ME2 and in ME3 we get this new more 'femine' Ashley. In general it's obvious that these 'romances' just for pandering, which is quite telling regarding how they see their target audience, and boy, ain't they right.

Funnily though, ME3, bad as it is, has my personal high point of the series: the conclusion to the Krogan story arc. Those missions are good by any standards, and the way the arc goes right through the series is a model of storytelling.

That kind of thing just pisses me off more though because it demonstrates just what the game could have been if more people working on it had given a shit.

in ME3 we get this new more 'femine' Ashley

I like this sentence. It speaks truth in more ways than one.

Dunno if true, but it fits.

kal72g.jpg

pippin

It looks like a tranny and/or like a latina aunt in her mid to late 40s.
Which is shit. Ashley was lowkey cute in ME1.

Freddie

Savant
Funnily though, ME3, bad as it is, has my personal high point of the series: the conclusion to the Krogan story arc. Those missions are good by any standards, and the way the arc goes right through the series is a model of storytelling.

That kind of thing just pisses me off more though because it demonstrates just what the game could have been if more people working on it had given a shit.

This actually demonstrates what makes ME3 such disjointed experience to the point it's almost disturbing. They make storyline like that and then there is this 'Cerberus is everywhere' shit, Kai Leng and Shepards oh my feelings moment after forced loss on Asari temple. It's kind of a pattern, Earth is crap, Mars is weird, then to the Citadel, and to Turian planet, which is pretty good, but there are too many of these points which make no fucking sense, not in story, not how they are implemented and dramatically they are like they were written by 9 years old (though that may insult some who are 9 years old). I experienced like boring, they are trying, now this is interesting, to what the fuck I'm playing?

Dunno if true, but it fits.

kal72g.jpg

It looks like a tranny and/or like a latina aunt in her mid to late 40s.
Which is shit. Ashley was lowkey cute in ME1.
They couldn't even do that right.

Imagine hospital visit scene where Ash starts to recover and there is some dialogue wheel conversational choices. Then if player picks right dialogue options camera hovers bit further showing them having a sensitive moment together. So while they gently smile to each other camera pans bit further showing more of Ash and we notice there's something happening under Ash's blanket causing 10 inch bulge to appear somewhere around where her genitals should be. In this beautiful cinematic moment Ash then says.. 'Shepard, I always wanted to tell you..." and cut back to dialogue wheel.

... Imagine web cam feed from fans faces when they try to move on in that scene repeating in their thoughts "This is not shit, I'm not being trolled by the devs, BioWare is the greatest studio ever..."

Freddie

Savant
Yeah, hitting on Ashley is like stepping on a fe-mine.
Hey, sometimes even typos can lead to great ideas... Hmm ... "Oh, Shepard, I know I wasn't born a woman, but please kiss me now and I promise, when I get better I ravage your ass like a light brigade".

Or maybe even better option would be if there were no Ash 'romance' scene in actual campaign but endings were changed a bit... like Shepard can survive but only with love interest. Then, after when it's all done, they finally have time to make discoveries of each other...

Or didn't they add some sort of slides in extended cut? How about ME themed comic like that 'Show me you honor!' strip, which tells how Shepard and Ash spend their time together on a distant planet, happily ever after. Hell didn't they already copy some art from Deviantart to ME3?

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom