Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Purgatorio - Maggotmaster's Art Weekly

MLMarkland

Arcane
Developer

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
I certainly hope whomever is using that dagger doesn't miss an enemy and stick it in a door. He'll never get that thing out of a door. :)

fastpunk

Arbiter
With all the complex shapes, I have a feeling Purgatorio will require slightly more powerful hardware than NWN2 and MotB.

Seboss

Liturgist
How are these swords and daggers not supposed to snap as soon as you unsheathe them? :P

Jaime Lannister

Arbiter
Too many motherfucking swords.

Swords aren't Planescape. Seriously, this is the Rock-it launcher and Behemoth all over again.

Radisshu

Prophet
I guess the whole "swords aren't planescape" thing comes from Torment rather than PnP planescape? I'm asking, because I have no experience with PnP planescape whatsoever.

Murk

Arcane
^ Torment wanted to be different - hence no swords, no elves, no dwarves, and everyone was horribly ugly, etc.

Plenty of swords in Planescape.

Black

Arcane
Yeah, they wanted to do something original so there are only 2 swords in P:T I think.

Shoelip

Arbiter
Yeah, my slightly chaotic Neutral Good Aasimar Beguiler has a sword! Well ok, actually he doesn't have a sword. He has no use for one since if he gets into melee combat he's probably already lost. However, my true neutral amnesiac incubus has a +2 Shortsword... which he has only ever used once when a gigantic undead monstrosity was about to bite off the head of someone he didn't want to die. Interestingly, the sword didn't really do anything, it was the fireball that the cricket trapped in the red crystal locket that is actually a pit fiend trapped in a red crystal locket if you can believe a telepathic cricket cast... Or something. :?

What was the second sword in PS:T? All I remember is Dakon's.

cardtrick

Arbiter
Gorgeous art. This and AoD are the only games I'm really excited for with a chance of being released this year. I actually bought another 2 gigs of RAM recently with this game in mind. In fact, I'd be looking forward to it just for the art and atmosphere, even if everything else blew . . . it would be really nice to have a Morrowind-like "hiking simulator" in the Planescape setting with art of this caliber.

MLMarkland

Arcane
Developer
cardtrick said:
Gorgeous art. This and AoD are the only games I'm really excited for with a chance of being released this year. I actually bought another 2 gigs of RAM recently with this game in mind. In fact, I'd be looking forward to it just for the art and atmosphere, even if everything else blew . . . it would be really nice to have a Morrowind-like "hiking simulator" in the Planescape setting with art of this caliber.

I think Purgatorio is in pretty good shape for this year. I would be more comfortable saying that if we had more designers who could script and more animators. Those are the two big causes of slowdowns right now. There are obviously scripters and animators on the team, but there is lots of work and we're all doing it part time so it just takes 4-ever.

HanoverF

Arcane
Patron
MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Disney pumps out aerosol mood enhancers that have contaminated the ground water.

Disconnected

Scholar
I can't wait for this. Please, please don't let this project fizzle.

Also, why the fuck don't anyone do PlaneScape games? The setting is too damn good to be ignored by all.

Texas Red

Whiner
Disconnected said:
Also, why the fuck don't anyone do PlaneScape games? The setting is too damn good to be ignored by all.

Probably for the same reason the likes of Oblivion got high scores and sale numbers but are now called "boring" on every board you go(including Gamespot/Gamefaqs). Some bigass corporation believes that anything original will fail and fuels its most generic project with ridiculous sums of money, thus manipulating people in to believing that shit like FR is the big deal.

Disconnected

Scholar
The Walkin' Dude said:
Probably for the same reason the likes of Oblivion got high scores and sale numbers but are now called "boring" on every board you go(including Gamespot/Gamefaqs). Some bigass corporation believes that anything original will fail and fuels its most generic project with ridiculous sums of money, thus manipulating people in to believing that shit like FR is the big deal.
*Sigh* You're probably right, it's a fucking tragedy though. I like FR, Sword Coast included. I just happen to like other things as well, and not just a couple, but fucking thousands of other things. If the industry produces 10 Sword Coast clones a year, I might buy one. If it produced 10 radically different games each year, chances are pretty good I'd buy all 10. I'd probably never get around to playing half, but hey.. It's sales they're after, right?

Xard

Novice
Well, it's not like one can be made as WotC axed the setting like they did to Dark Sun and so many others...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom