Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

ArchAngel

Arcane
Steam review from today from a guy called (BoNE)-akaDEATH:
Its the worst most dated scam game I have ever played on steam, but the thing that annoys me is that its priced as if its some kinda huge AAA project that cost 80 million in development ... its basically a 1/3 of the size of Zelda in 1990, with very childish dialog suitable for a small kid, everything comes down to choices ... go left go right ? Combat is real time, its 1 too 3 seconds for all 10 or 20 people to move within that time .. lul , .... so what ends up happening is AI runs the battle and its such a scam ..... I have no idea how this game got anything other than RAGE from the community , but perhaps its some huge social media suck up kick start thing full of supportive moms and aunties ...... this game is thieft, its not even a game its a pretend D&D character sheet hidden behind a story book of childish choices ... easy to finish without ever giving one crap about any detail ... when i lvl up i just click anythihng ,, pick any spell... it doesnt matter, put a cross bow in your hand and let AI win, if you die click try again and you will never lose... you will finish the game in an hour or 2 without ever using a pot or equiping armor or anything else

NOTE: ALL the positive comments about this game are clearly a group effort, note the dates and the person writing them.. then note me, I have been on steam from years, bought hundreads of games and written a total of 3 reviews ... a game must be VERY good or VERY bad for me to actually bother .... and this game is a con, a thieft, it should not be on steam at all.... this is some kinda mafia nonsense going on here ... if you doubt me then buy it... it takes 45 minutes to enter the game and test it due to 150 choices to make on your character before the game will even start ,,, All the choices are a hoax and do nothing, like What Sunsign is your toon, does it believe in the mighty protecting the weak... does it favor the bold ... bla bla bla .... total nonsense like some kinda survey from hell ... and takes 15 minutes past the refund time ... good luck with this scam, some thief is sitting in his moms basement getting rich of this hoax.

All I can say is :prosper:

All the choices are a hoax and do nothing, like What Sunsign is your toon, does it believe in the mighty protecting the weak... does it favor the bold ... bla bla bla .... total nonsense like some kinda survey from hell ... and takes 15 minutes past the refund time ...

What the fuck is this guy talking about? Is he reviewing a wrong game? Or is he just brain-damaged?

Incendax

Augur
I could never kill Brogath
I cannot help it, in my last two playthroughs whatever options I choose he decides to attack me and die :(
Definitely might be a bug. He's supposed to not attack if you respect his traditions: Spilling the Wine, not inviting the Defaced Sister to join you, pass the tale check or do a bards song, then make the right dialog choice during the showdown.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I could never kill Brogath
I cannot help it, in my last two playthroughs whatever options I choose he decides to attack me and die :(
Definitely might be a bug. He's supposed to not attack if you respect his traditions: Spilling the Wine, not inviting the Defaced Sister to join you, pass the tale check or do a bards song, then make the right dialog choice during the showdown.
I did all that. When I come to camp one of the sisters says I need to be killed, I don't get a way to call Dugath to help, he just calls everyone to listen and that is it.

Deleted Member 16721

I did all that. When I come to camp one of the sisters says I need to be killed, I don't get a way to call Dugath to help, he just calls everyone to listen and that is it.

Did you find all the dead barbarian bodies in one of the maps? (I might have asked you this already, can't exactly remember, sorry if I did.)

By the way, Cloudkill/Stinking Cloud works great there. Just retreat to the bottom of the map and go left. They can only attack you one by one really if you position your characters properly.

How long is this damn game? I've just now gotten to go into some Dream portal after King Dipshit from Pitax tried to "secretly" sabotage my kingdom (or at least every single clue points that way, could be wrong in the end! I'd prefer no spoilers on that tho)

I hear that the game speeds up at some point but I'm at like 90 hours and dear god it feels like it could go on forever. None of this is a complaint, btw. It's just... way more game than I anticipated. Loving a lot of it.

Terra

Cipher
Its the worst most dated scam game I have ever played on steam, but the thing that annoys me is that its priced as if its some kinda huge AAA project that cost 80 million in development ... its basically a 1/3 of the size of Zelda in 1990, with very childish dialog suitable for a small kid, everything comes down to choices ... go left go right ? Combat is real time, its 1 too 3 seconds for all 10 or 20 people to move within that time .. lul , .... so what ends up happening is AI runs the battle and its such a scam ..... I have no idea how this game got anything other than RAGE from the community , but perhaps its some huge social media suck up kick start thing full of supportive moms and aunties ...... this game is thieft, its not even a game its a pretend D&D character sheet hidden behind a story book of childish choices ... easy to finish without ever giving one crap about any detail ... when i lvl up i just click anythihng ,, pick any spell... it doesnt matter, put a cross bow in your hand and let AI win, if you die click try again and you will never lose... you will finish the game in an hour or 2 without ever using a pot or equiping armor or anything else

NOTE: ALL the positive comments about this game are clearly a group effort, note the dates and the person writing them.. then note me, I have been on steam from years, bought hundreads of games and written a total of 3 reviews ... a game must be VERY good or VERY bad for me to actually bother .... and this game is a con, a thieft, it should not be on steam at all.... this is some kinda mafia nonsense going on here ... if you doubt me then buy it... it takes 45 minutes to enter the game and test it due to 150 choices to make on your character before the game will even start ,,, All the choices are a hoax and do nothing, like What Sunsign is your toon, does it believe in the mighty protecting the weak... does it favor the bold ... bla bla bla .... total nonsense like some kinda survey from hell ... and takes 15 minutes past the refund time ... good luck with this scam, some thief is sitting in his moms basement getting rich of this hoax.

All I can say is :prosper:
I notice the game currently has a Mixed rating on Steam (which given the 150 odd hours I've put into it so far it most assuredly does not deserve). Retardation aside, has a common consensus in the negative ratings been found - bugs, high difficulty? It's sad to see a great game with rough edges get tarnished by a group of philistines.

Yosharian

Arcane
If I make decisions which displease my advisors, is there any consequence for that?

For example, I want to build the road to Oleg's place, cos it means losing my advisor for 30 days instead of 60 (despite the extra BP cost), but my advisor is little 'disappointed' apparently. He'd prefer me to engage in shenanigans with the Swordlords, instead, pretending to build the road.

If there's no consequences for choosing something he disagrees with then I'll just do whatever I want, but...

purpleblob

Savant
If I make decisions which displease my advisors, is there any consequence for that?

For example, I want to build the road to Oleg's place, cos it means losing my advisor for 30 days instead of 60 (despite the extra BP cost), but my advisor is little 'disappointed' apparently. He'd prefer me to engage in shenanigans with the Swordlords, instead, pretending to build the road.

If there's no consequences for choosing something he disagrees with then I'll just do whatever I want, but...

If you disagree with your advisors too much, they will eventually leave the position. This never happened to me, so I don't know if companions just resign from their advisor position or leave your company forever.

Incendax

Augur
Some decisions are -1 Displeasure (Happier!).
Some decisions are +1 Displeasure (Angry!).
Some decisions are completely neutral.

Advisors will refuse to work for you if Displeasure gets too high. Even though the script says -1 and +1, I swear some decisions make them angrier than others. I've had Octavia leave at 2, and Jhod at 3.

Yosharian

Arcane
Damn! I'll have to be more careful in the future then.

Thanks for the info guys

Another Q: aren't standard advisors worse than companion ones eventually, because you can equip companions with stat-boosting items, but you can't do that with the standard ones?

Incendax

Augur
Damn! I'll have to be more careful in the future then.
There is a way to cheese it. Once you see what the advisor event is going to be, you can load the game and swap your advisors. So you could trade out Octavia (Hates Undead) for a certain someone who Loves Undead, then swap back to Octavia after the decision.
Another Q: aren't standard advisors worse than companion ones eventually, because you can equip companions with stat-boosting items, but you can't do that with the standard ones?
Pros and Cons. NPC Advisors get something called "Training" which increases their effective level, but "Training" costs BP and time. PCs can use awesome items to give them boosts, but if those PCs are not adventuring with you then they tie up the items.

Early game, I tend to use PC Advisors since I can get them +6 stat items pretty fast. Late game, I tend to use NPC Advisors since I have enough time to keep them trained up.

ArchAngel

Arcane
How long is this damn game? I've just now gotten to go into some Dream portal after King Dipshit from Pitax tried to "secretly" sabotage my kingdom (or at least every single clue points that way, could be wrong in the end! I'd prefer no spoilers on that tho)

I hear that the game speeds up at some point but I'm at like 90 hours and dear god it feels like it could go on forever. None of this is a complaint, btw. It's just... way more game than I anticipated. Loving a lot of it.
You are about 2/3 through the game.

Wolfe

Arbiter

You've still got around maybe 30 hours to go.

ArchAngel

Arcane

Did you find all the dead barbarian bodies in one of the maps? (I might have asked you this already, can't exactly remember, sorry if I did.)

By the way, Cloudkill/Stinking Cloud works great there. Just retreat to the bottom of the map and go left. They can only attack you one by one really if you position your characters properly.
I did find them and one of them was alive, I healed that one and told him to go.
Battle vs Defaced Sisters is easy now that I have done it a few times.

Would be better if the previous encounter (water elementals) was combined with his. Combat starts, and he starts throwing spells while elder elementals keep your party busy.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
It's really weird that

Hour of Rage is so obviously the correct choice to do first. The game feints a dramatic choice, but really it comes down to a choice between very big consequences vs. losing out on some fluff. I wonder why they made the consequences so lopsided, it feels like cheating that I did Hour of Rage first.

Incendax

Augur
Hour of Rage is so obviously the correct choice to do first. The game feints a dramatic choice, but really it comes down to a choice between very big consequences vs. losing out on some fluff. I wonder why they made the consequences so lopsided, it feels like cheating that I did Hour of Rage first.
Agreed. Flight of the Betrayer should have had a much darker consequence for doing it second. I'm just not sure what those consequences might be, besides kingdom penalties. I suppose Tristian could go full villain, harassing you during Pitax and HOTEOT?

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Losing Tristian would already be a pretty big downside if you're using him, and you could add to that with a big kingdom problem event or sommat.

Also another minor annoyance:

It's kindda dumb that you fail quests you've actually done if you don't inform the quest giver - especially with quests that in no way inform you that there's a time limit. I failed the quest of finding the lost brother by the quest giver coming and saying to me "I can't wait any longer" and I didn't even have the option to inform that I actually HAD found his brother.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
I use it as a general term for all 3.5 open license based systems, and in this case because the high lethality is a trait of both 3.5 and Pathfinder

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom