Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
How the hell do you kill the primal shambling mound in the abandoned keep? I tried everything from regular stuff (acid, cold iron etc.) to more creative stuff (negative energy damage, drawing it out of the bloom and such).

ArchAngel

Arcane
How the hell do you kill the primal shambling mound in the abandoned keep? I tried everything from regular stuff (acid, cold iron etc.) to more creative stuff (negative energy damage, drawing it out of the bloom and such).
Negative Energy should work, maybe you didn't do enough damage.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Interesting. I guess I'll be back with Harm or Disintegrate.

BTW, how long will I be without a diplomat or regent after losing Lebeda? It's sort of strange the game sets up this choice between advisor's when in most cases you just have the one combination if you want your slots filled.

EDIT: It's extremely annoying that the open advisor slot leaves with a permanent exclamation mark on my Kingdom button so I can't know when I have new things to do

Last edited:
You don't have anyone else to take up the slack, at least temporarily? I never bothered with Lebeda, but my half-orc general returned at the coronation.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Another dumb question

What the hell is A Task for the Sweet Teeth? I just did Kalikke's companion quest and then that quest (the Sweet Teeth one) suddenly showed up as failed. But I never got it, and had exhausted all dialogue options with Kalikke and Kanerah and the Sweet Teeth.

Re: advisors: You can't see which positions they can do once they have another? That's... weird. Though I guess I'm the real idiot, there's no penalty for firing all advisors is there? Could have just done that and rearranged the council that way I suppose.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Another dumb question

What the hell is A Task for the Sweet Teeth? I just did Kalikke's companion quest and then that quest (the Sweet Teeth one) suddenly showed up as failed. But I never got it, and had exhausted all dialogue options with Kalikke and Kanerah and the Sweet Teeth.

Re: advisors: You can't see which positions they can do once they have another? That's... weird. Though I guess I'm the real idiot, there's no penalty for firing all advisors is there? Could have just done that and rearranged the council that way I suppose.
You talk to them after you talk to Kalikke

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Another dumb question

You talk to them after you talk to Kalikke

I did, but I expended all their dialogue options. The failed quest log says "For some reason Kaessi doesn't want to see her friends, The Sweet Teeth, she's asked the baroness to send them off on errands" but she never asked me that?

purpleblob

Augur
It's really weird that
Hour of Rage is so obviously the correct choice to do first. The game feints a dramatic choice, but really it comes down to a choice between very big consequences vs. losing out on some fluff. I wonder why they made the consequences so lopsided, it feels like cheating that I did Hour of Rage first.

Hmm I always did BF before HoR

because I didn't want to fail Tristian's personal quest/romance. IIRC, with the patch 1.2, completing BF first now let you successfully finish Amiri's personal quest as well so that gives you more incentive to finish BF before HoR. I don't care about Jamandi getting pissed but so sad Kassill gets killed - his my most favoured General. BTW if you place your mouse over each advisor card, it shows all the roles they can fill in.

Another dumb question

The remaining Sweet Tooth quests show up some time after you complete the intial 3-4, so try not to complete Kalikke/Kanerah quest too quick. I made the same mistake.

Deleted Member 16721

If you disagree with your advisors too much, they will eventually leave the position. This never happened to me, so I don't know if companions just resign from their advisor position or leave your company forever.

They don't leave you forever, they stay in your kingdom, they just resign from their duties. I had Jhod get pissed and leave his advisor role but he stayed in the story and in the kingdom. I tried to ask him to come back and he was like 'hell naw' but he still hung around. So they definitely stay but you lose the ability to make them advisors.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
It's really weird that
Hour of Rage is so obviously the correct choice to do first. The game feints a dramatic choice, but really it comes down to a choice between very big consequences vs. losing out on some fluff. I wonder why they made the consequences so lopsided, it feels like cheating that I did Hour of Rage first.

because I didn't want to fail Tristian's personal quest/romance. IIRC, with the patch 1.2, completing BF first now let you successfully finish Amiri's personal quest as well so that gives you an edge over going for HoR first now. I don't care about Jamandi getting pissed but so sad Kassill gets killed - his my most favoured General. BTW if you place your mouse over each advisor card, it shows all the roles they can fill in.

Ehm, I finished Amiri's quest just fine? And you don't lose Tristian by doing Betrayer last. Nothing changes when doing that last except minor fluff.

The remaining Sweet Tooth quests show up some time after you complete the intial 3-4, so try not to complete Kalikke/Kanerah quest too quick. I made the same mistake.

I don't have the Sweet Teeth quest at all and I have exhausted all possible dialogue with the sisters! Bug?

purpleblob

Augur
It's really weird that

because I didn't want to fail Tristian's personal quest/romance. IIRC, with the patch 1.2, completing BF first now let you successfully finish Amiri's personal quest as well so that gives you an edge over going for HoR first now. I don't care about Jamandi getting pissed but so sad Kassill gets killed - his my most favoured General. BTW if you place your mouse over each advisor card, it shows all the roles they can fill in.

Ehm, I finished Amiri's quest just fine? And you don't lose Tristian by doing Betrayer last. Nothing changes when doing that last except minor fluff.

You said you did HoR first?

Finishing HoR first will cause you to fail Triatian's personal quest in later chapter.

Finishing BF first prior to thr patch 1.2 caused you to fail Amiri's personal quest.

You don't lose anyone now but in later chapter.

Another dumb question

I don't have the Sweet Teeth quest at all and I have exhausted all possible dialogue with the sisters! Bug?

I think Kalikke had a dialogue that trigger Sweet Tooth quest - you need to trigger it before the forefather shows up.

Last edited:

purpleblob

Augur
I exhausted all of her dialogue way before that though, and nothing :)

In that case, yeah, maybe a bug. I selected dialogue option where Kalikke said she's worried about her friend and asked me to send them away if I could. So when I chat with Sweet Tooth after that there were options to send them away on silly errands.

Incendax

Augur
I exhausted all of her dialogue way before that though, and nothing :)
Sounds like a bug. She has black dialog behind grey dialog, which is silly but happens 2-3 times in the game. But her Sweet Teeth quest is front and center.

Dr Skeleton

Arcane
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I finished it yesterday. Pretty good game overall but chapters 1-3 were a lot better than the rest. I might write more detailed impressions later, for now some questions about the last chapter. It feels like I missed something but the game is so long (and it feels long) that I probably won't replay this one for a long while.

What was the point of the monks' quest before going to the First World? They all accepted me, gave me a mediocre helmet and in dialogue they also mentioned some book but I didn't get that as an item, the quest was completed and nobody mentioned it again.

What was the point of the book puzzle in the House at the Edge of Time? This puzzle probably took me the longest because the books are scattered in random containers all over both versions of the House. And the reward I got in the secret room was... some gold and a shitty longbow in the alternate version. No quest there, no bonus info, nobody mentions it, I can't mention it in dialogues, nothing. What the hell.

I tried to give the Briar to Nyrissa but she didn't take it. Then I let her be judged by the Eldest and that was the game. I later reloaded to try different options and none of them made Nyrissa take the Briar. I could also kill/ally with Nyrissa and go to war with the Lantern King so maybe that would change things but I really didn't feel like I had a reason to. So what did I miss?
- When I was in her dream I selected the "don't give in to your hatred completely" option or something like that
- I spared her sister in Irovetti's dungeon and let her live in my castle, she was in the House later and in the post-ending slides
- I spared Tristan
- I did all quests I could find in the last chapter + the book puzzle
- I researched the Briar. I did all curse research I unlocked before going to the House

Shadenuat

Arcane
I finished it yesterday. Pretty good game overall but chapters 1-3 were a lot better than the rest. I might write more detailed impressions later, for now some questions about the last chapter. It feels like I missed something but the game is so long (and it feels long) that I probably won't replay this one for a long while.

What was the point of the monks' quest before going to the First World? They all accepted me, gave me a mediocre helmet and in dialogue they also mentioned some book but I didn't get that as an item, the quest was completed and nobody mentioned it again.

What was the point of the book puzzle in the House at the Edge of Time? This puzzle probably took me the longest because the books are scattered in random containers all over both versions of the House. And the reward I got in the secret room was... some gold and a shitty longbow in the alternate version. No quest there, no bonus info, nobody mentions it, I can't mention it in dialogues, nothing. What the hell.

I tried to give the Briar to Nyrissa but she didn't take it. Then I let her be judged by the Eldest and that was the game. I later reloaded to try different options and none of them made Nyrissa take the Briar. I could also kill/ally with Nyrissa and go to war with the Lantern King so maybe that would change things but I really didn't feel like I had a reason to. So what did I miss?
- When I was in her dream I selected the "don't give in to your hatred completely" option or something like that
- I spared her sister in Irovetti's dungeon and let her live in my castle, she was in the House later and in the post-ending slides
- I spared Tristan
- I did all quests I could find in the last chapter + the book puzzle
- I researched the Briar. I did all curse research I unlocked before going to the House
it's super easy to fuck up, say some one wrong line during some early chapter and no harem ending for u.

there must be already a guide on steam translated and it's easy to check what is wrong using notepad++ on your save file.
if she doesn't come to you before endgame into your castle u fuked up.

How long is this damn game? I've just now gotten to go into some Dream portal after King Dipshit from Pitax tried to "secretly" sabotage my kingdom (or at least every single clue points that way, could be wrong in the end! I'd prefer no spoilers on that tho)

I hear that the game speeds up at some point but I'm at like 90 hours and dear god it feels like it could go on forever. None of this is a complaint, btw. It's just... way more game than I anticipated. Loving a lot of it.
Doing everything ~150 hours.

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Dr Skeleton
1. Monks also give you a special lvl 8 spell named after their order. They write into directly into the spellbook (my cleric got it).
2. Clock imp actually talks about this puzzle and how to solve so at least one NPC mentions it.
3. Looks like you have missed whole chapter 7. It starts when you kill/ally with Nyrissa and it is the real final of the game.
Things from your list is parts from route to the True Romance ending with Nyrissa but there is a lot more conditions. Guide about it is on Steam. Only then she takes Briar and can be saved from the curse.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom