Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Battle Brothers + Beasts & Exploration, Warriors of the North and Blazing Deserts DLC Thread

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
Having hunters is raysist to peasants! Stop oppressing me!
Acshually, poacher start is single hunter and 2 poachers.

Is there a list of backgrounds that won't join militia?

Salvo

Arcane
I wonder, how does the game react in texts when picking the Lone Wolf origin?

Normally the captain (you) is treated as an outside person that never partecipates into combat but is always mentioned in event/contract texts, with some other brothers chiming in and being called out by name. What if the captain IS a brother? (as in aforementioned origin)

Reinhardt

Arcane
Is there a list of backgrounds that won't join militia?
No hunters, no monks. Poachers are most expensive recruits you can get in ranged, militia and deserters in melee.

:shredder:
mlh2f9.jpg

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
wait did the DLC raise the bro limit to 16?
There's also "lone wolf"-company background that can have max roster of 12 and death of the single starting dude is a game over.

I'm no expert but I would not recommend this because that lone wolf dude will basically carry the entire company until the rest of the guys start to matter. On the other hand the Lone Wolf campaign is fantastic for experiencing what an advanced build can do therefore it's a must try for noobs like me.

Basically he will do the most kills and he will get the most XP (slower leveling for the rest of the guys) but almost all configurations on the battle field will be centered on him (find a hill and put it on top of it).

Now, I understand that lone wolf means playing just with him but that doesn't seem feasible for me: alone you will get overrun sooner or later. Am I completely wrong?

Edit: I'm retarded. 12 members in the party means that you are supposed to get other people.

Reinhardt

Arcane
First one down. Day 15. 1* job - 8 raiders, 3 marksmen and 5 thugs.
Well, i have one permanently crippled too.
29pzs61.jpg

jungl

Augur
are barbarian chosen supposed to be end game post kraken. They basically orc warriors on steroids actually have weapons that can kill your guys and have just enough melee def to rng troll you unless you have 90 melee attack. Everything besides goblin city and black monolith less risky.

hivemind

Cipher
Patron
Pretty Princess
sorry im sucking on the chad ROBINHOOD now ;)

btw love too play barbarian riders and have no taxidermist available to me because the southern towns don't have any

this is kinda triggering tbh because it feels like lategame will just be really annoying without the various useful thingies you can get crafted

also fucking direwolves pelts and necrosavant dust littering my inventory ree

hivemind

Cipher
Patron
Pretty Princess
also like returning to the north with like your 3 starting barb decked out in chain armour and like a castle forged greatsword on one of them and descending down upon a horde of barbarian thralls is so aesthetic

it's like coming back to your turf in the hood with night vision goggles and M16s lmao

Murk

Arcane
Doing the caravan guarding missions as lone wolf without additional bros is a real pain. They really changed the AI on that, and now the caravan hands actively fight (one killed a Barbarian Reaver even!) but the enemy goes straight for the donkeys =(

Also, 5 times now someone has asked to join my lone wolf. I have accepted. They promptly die in the next fight, including one idealistic squire -- RIP little dude.

Teut Busnet

Cipher
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
Doing the caravan guarding missions as lone wolf without additional bros is a real pain. They really changed the AI on that, and now the caravan hands actively fight (one killed a Barbarian Reaver even!) but the enemy goes straight for the donkeys =(

Also, 5 times now someone has asked to join my lone wolf. I have accepted. They promptly die in the next fight, including one idealistic squire -- RIP little dude.
Good thing about non-company-friendlies like Caravan Guards is that they don't deactivate 'Lone Wolf' (the skill, not the avatar...) though.

overtenemy

Augur
dude what the FUCK son
Day 77, find barbarian camp. 14 chosen 1 drummer. Pull 5 schrats. 5 schrats, especially at day 77, will take just about anything. Even if orcs beat them they'd be so fucked they couldn't possibly put up a fight afterwards.

The stupid chosen killed all the schrats, taking one loss, and half of them were uninjured. WTF ARE THESE DUDES? I'm not touching them for a long time.

Edit: Okay, redid it and took some care to have some chosen follow me and break off from the Schrats initially, giving them a better chance. They got down to 7 this time, but still goddamn.

Last edited:

Edija

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I don't know who thought Webknechts shitting out reinforcements are a good idea. 12 brothers + 1 dog, decent gear for day 40. Start a two skull contract, get 15 Webknechts. At the start of the battle there is already 19. By the end of a total wipe I had killed 25+ of them and they still had like 8 left. This is one of the few situations where actually blaming it on the game seems the right thing to do.

On a side not, if I'm already faced with 15+ webknechts, how am I supposed to stop the adds?

Modron

Arcane
I don't know who thought Webknechts shitting out reinforcements are a good idea. 12 brothers + 1 dog, decent gear for day 40. Start a two skull contract, get 15 Webknechts. At the start of the battle there is already 19. By the end of a total wipe I had killed 25+ of them and they still had like 8 left. This is one of the few situations where actually blaming it on the game seems the right thing to do.

On a side not, if I'm already faced with 15+ webknechts, how am I supposed to stop the adds?
Locate them with falcons/hawks whatever those birds are and loose the dogs while sending a couple bros in the direction of each egg bundle post haste? Or not, you can always just turtle up and kill enough until they start running. Either explode into action first round or weather the storm.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom