Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord

Ruchy

Scholar
Can anyone confirm that donating prisoners and or troops to Towns increases relations with the owner?

PulsatingBrain

Huge and Ever-Growing
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
One of my caravans got captured for the first time. The guy has escaped now and he's hanging around in some town. Do I need to go collect him? Or will he get the fuck back to earning by himself?

Last edited:

dehimos

Augur
Yes, you must go but you will not pay again. I hope a patch for that soon, because even if you run into your "disbanding" partner you can't take him into your party. You must go to a city or castle and take it there.

Last edited:

Zanzoken

Arcane
bd5a2f819c3dbb1c706d81ec700a5f8b9c0d21a2.png

Versions
Native: e1.2.0
SandboxCore: e1.2.0
Sandbox: e1.2.0
Storymode: e1.2.0
CustomBattle: e1.2.0

Singleplayer

Crashes
  • A crash that was caused by accessing the rider of a mount while the mount was changed was fixed.
  • Fixed a crash occurred when executing prisoner heroes.

Performance
  • VRAM usage was reduced by solving some memory leaks in the UI.
  • Fixed some of the spikes in missions.
  • Minor GPU memory usage reduction for the world map.

Save & Load
  • Skill Level is preserved when loading old version savegames.

• Some grammar mistakes are corrected and some typos fixed.
  • Improvements, additions and corrections for Turkish and Simplified Chinese translations.

Art
  • Fleeing points for AI were added to battle terrains.
  • Fixed misplaced textures and added better-looking elements to the shop stands.
  • Fixed some visual issues in one of the aserai villages.
  • Fixed Vlandian Vanguard shield banner issue.
  • Fixed certain visual glitches that appear when rendering blood on flora.
  • Added three new items for crafting - one scabbard for swords and two blades for spears.
  • Fixed some problems on crafting items.

UI
  • Fixed a bug where map notifications were sometimes lost without being shown to the player.

Battles and Sieges
  • When looting enemies, it is now possible for the system to provide an item with a modifier if the default value of the item is too low or too high.
  • Missiles can now pass through between siege ladders' steps.
  • Fixed that corpses and thrown boulders were not being erased after the entity below them was destroyed.

Combat AI
  • A critical bug that caused AI in sieges to act unexpectedly and possibly cause crashes, if the player was aiding a side (being a separate ally team during the siege mission), was fixed.
  • A critical bug that caused AI pathfinding to almost always reset its path when moving from static to dynamic navmeshes and vice versa, which caused performance issues and agents not being able to climb siege towers correctly, was fixed
  • Incorrect ordering of mission behaviours caused a team's general to be deselected at the “choosing formation to lead” stage of army sieges. This was fixed.
  • AI that should've attacked the inner gate after breaking the outer gate with the ram in a siege tried to run into the castle over ladders because they chose the reverse side of the gate to stand and wait for reinforcing those that attacked the gate due to a bug. This was fixed.
  • Fixed a bug that occurred especially when armies were far away from each other and caused agents to run towards the enemy when given the order to retreat.
  • Removed unnecessary pathfinding calls by the AI that caused performance issues especially in sieges without impact on the decisions they were trying to make.

Character Development System
  • Changed Skill XP increase formula to 10 + skill level.
  • Fixed an issue in char creation where switching to female from male and back would reset all beard and other male-only properties.

Clan and Party
  • Companions now come with cheap items with modifiers, so they are easier to recruit.

Economy and Trade
  • Higher tier armours are now produced in towns and can sometimes be found in the marketplace.

Crafting
  • Fixed a bug where crafted items could have different stats then shown during creation.
  • Fixed a bug where crafted items lost changes to stats when loaded from a savegame.

Settlement Actions (Town, Village, Castle and Hideout)
  • Boosting construction now adds 50 construction rather than x2 construction speed
  • Fixed an issue with asking companions to look for themselves or asking villagers to look for our companions near us.
  • Fixed a bug that made the settlement project's completion time negative.

Quests & Issues
  • Family Feud quest related fixes/improvements:
    • Fixed a bug that causes quest dialogues to disappear after Save & Load.
    • Fixed a bug that causes a quest NPC to not spawn in the target village.
    • Added/Changed some dialogue texts.
    • Added/Changed some log entries.
    • If the player dismisses the quest NPC from their party, the quest will fail.

• The Spy Among Us (The Spy Party) quest related fixes/improvements:
    • Quest title is changed to "The Spy Among Us"
    • From now on, players can activate the quest even if the quest giver is inside an army.
    • Fixed a bug that changes face keys of spy candidates.
    • Fixed a bug that causes the UI health bar to show wrong values for the player when duelling with the spy.
    • Fixed a bug that causes spy candidates to disappear when saving & loading the game inside the involved settlement.
    • The spy will scale up according to the player's skills.
    • Added better battle equipment for the spy.
    • Added/Changed some dialogue texts.
    • The randomization parameter for townspeople to give player clues was adjusted to prevent problematic situations.
    • Added visual trackers for the spy candidates (Default: "Alt" key).
    • Issue duration was changed from 35 days to 5 days.

• Lord Needs A Tutor quest related fixes/improvements:
    • Fixed a bug that caused the quest NPC to disappear after the player was taken as a prisoner.
    • Fixed a bug that causes the quest giver and the quest NPC to be the same person.
      Added/Changed some log entries.
    • If the player and the quest NPC are somehow separated, the player will be able to track and find the quest NPC via the quest log and can thus continue progressing the quest.

• Lord Wants Rival Captured quest related fixes/improvements:
    • Fixed a bug that causes the quest to get stuck if the quest giver has no fiefs.
    • Fixed a bug that causes duplicate/empty log entries.
    • Added a dialogue option that allows the player to deliver the target NPC to the quest giver.
    • Minor fixes for Headman Needs Grain issue.
    • Further issue quest dialogue improvements.
    • Persuasion parameters fixed in Army of Poachers, Family Feud and other quests.

Other
  • Overhauled equipment of minor factions to better fit their characteristics.
  • When we entered a town scene for the second time, guards were missing. This was fixed.
  • Fixed the colour of the player's companion portraits when we enter a hostile settlement
  • Made the player's brother a bit younger.
  • Fixed a bug that caused prisoners to become governors.

Multiplayer

Audio
  • Added notification shouts to certain events (like the distant shout when someone captures a flag).

Server & Network
  • Fixed issues related to requesting to join a custom game that is ending.
  • Fixed issues caused by multiple party members requesting to join a game at the same time.
  • Fixed some rare cases of disconnections from the Lobby.

Both

Performance
  • Major CPU performance improvements on both field and siege battles.
  • Minor performance improvements on multi-core usage.

Art
  • Fixed beards protruding from helmets.

Audio
  • Minor improvement on sounds playing delayed on slower HDDs.
  • Audio performance improvements for older CPUs.
  • Removed clicks and pops from boulder impact sounds.
  • Some volume changes for ambient sounds.

Known Issues
https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?threads/known-issues-updated.401168/

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Some more observations:
1) The current early game meta needs looking into.
Your basic recruits struggle against looters even when they have a slight numerical advantage due to one factor: thrown rocks.
This abject performance, however, is not reflected in auto-resolve combat. Where your men can only be knocked out when facing looters, making it the better choice unless you want to practice your personal combat skills.

2) Missing Companion Bug
There's also a bug that kept happening when you assign a companion to a quest and they don't return.
You will notice this when their status stays at HOLDING but they do not ever return to your party.
The only way to get them back is to dismiss and hire them again. Since the recruitment fee adds their equipped gear, I ended up paying 9000 denari just to re-hire her.

3) Charm isn't entirely useless - you can easily raise it by gifting things to passing by nobles.
In the early game, you can use it to diplomatically resolve quests.
In the late game, you can negotiate better terms in diplomacy.

They should really add Charm to impact defections of a portion of the opposition's army prior to combat. Maybe factor in renown as well. Think Heroes of Might & Magic's Diplomacy skill.
I would love to have 10 out of 50 forest bandits join my side when I jump them with 100 men prior to the fight, this gives a middle-ground resolution. Not just fight, join entirely, or complete surrender.

Last edited:

Smoker

Scholar
  • Fixed a bug that caused prisoners to become governors.

Lmao wish I saw that.

dehimos

Augur
In CK2 I try to have as many children as possible, but in this game I have more children than ck2 inadvertently.

dOsOgew.png

vota DC

Augur
3) Charm isn't entirely useless - you can easily raise it by gifting things to passing by nobles.

They should really add Charm to impact defections of a portion of the opposition's army prior to combat. Maybe factor in renown as well. Think Heroes of Might & Magic's Diplomacy skill.
I would love to have 10 out of 50 forest bandits join my side when I jump them with 100 men prior to the fight, this gives a middle-ground resolution. Not just fight, join entirely, or complete surrender.

Charm seems easy to level up but persuade people to defect seems very difficult. Western Empire has a city left and a couple of castles that aren't connected, they lose every time but manage to survive because mercenaries.
One mercenary subfaction leader says to me "hello my old friend" because I spare from prison his faction every time but then he says "I barely know you and you speak about treason" if I try to convert.
Also one of western Empire clan is described as a scumbag senatorial clan that defected but seems quite loyal now that his faction Is about to die, his leader has many bad traits and low skills compared to others.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin

Charm seems easy to level up but persuade people to defect seems very difficult. Western Empire has a city left and a couple of castles that aren't connected, they lose every time but manage to survive because mercenaries.
One mercenary subfaction leader says to me "hello my old friend" because I spare from prison his faction every time but then he says "I barely know you and you speak about treason" if I try to convert.
Also one of western Empire clan is described as a scumbag senatorial clan that defected but seems quite loyal now that his faction Is about to die, his leader has many bad traits and low skills compared to others.

I'm guessing the diplomacy features are not implemented fully yet.
If I point out a problem, I'm just reminding myself what to check for when they declare the game is out of early access.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
The defection thing is difficult because the honor/mercy/etc. traits are broken right now and get set to 0 very quickly after you start playing. I've got a few defectors in my kingdom (a clan of mercs and, ironically, the clan that owned the fief I was trying to take in the war, which was rather fucking expensive) but I've got 5 focus in charm and just spare everyone I meet. Relation doesn't seem to matter though, just charm skill, and I've still got maybe like 1 int 4 success rate with my attempts. OTOH theres a ton of clans so even with a shit rate you can get a fuckton of clans to join your kingdom.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
So yea, the campaign-level AI is completely retarded. For some reason it focuses on certain places way too much. I'm a vassal of the Sturgians and they. just. keep. zerging. futilely at Diathma.

AgentFransis

Cipher
Patron
Disciplinarian at 125 leadership is actually a very useful perk (allows you to upgrade bandits into normal troops). Most bandits can evolve into the elite troop lines: Mounted mountain bandits into Vlandian champions, forest bandits into Battonian fians, sea raiders into Druzhina etc.. These are all very good and normally extremely rare troops (in my current Sturgia game there are 3 villages in the whole map with the Druzhina recruits and their supply is unreliable) but it's pretty easy to gank some raiders and recruit them from prisoners. I also found a small related exploit: you can get the upgrades without disciplinarian if you put them in a garrison with a training field (unless the upgrade requires a horse).

Reaching 125 leadership is pretty easy. Just create a second party and form an army with it. It costs 0 influence and it effectively just increases your party size beyond the cap while training leadership. Leadership also increases party size now so it's useful to train regardless. Also stewardship seems to level up much slower now (playing on the beta branch) but I may just not be as diligent about food variety as before. I am playing with the tweaks mod so leveling leadership in vanilla may or may not take forever.

eric__s

ass hater
Developer
Disciplinarian at 125 leadership is actually a very useful perk (allows you to upgrade bandits into normal troops). Most bandits can evolve into the elite troop lines: Mounted mountain bandits into Vlandian champions, forest bandits into Battonian fians, sea raiders into Druzhina etc.. These are all very good and normally extremely rare troops (in my current Sturgia game there are 3 villages in the whole map with the Druzhina recruits and their supply is unreliable) but it's pretty easy to gank some raiders and recruit them from prisoners. I also found a small related exploit: you can get the upgrades without disciplinarian if you put them in a garrison with a training field (unless the upgrade requires a horse).

Reaching 125 leadership is pretty easy. Just create a second party and form an army with it. It costs 0 influence and it effectively just increases your party size beyond the cap while training leadership. Leadership also increases party size now so it's useful to train regardless. Also stewardship seems to level up much slower now (playing on the beta branch) but I may just not be as diligent about food variety as before. I am playing with the tweaks mod so leveling leadership in vanilla may or may not take forever.
Yeah, I actually built an army around the Disciplinarian perk back when the game came out. I captured tons and tons of Sea Raider Chieftains with the intent of turning them into druzhniks as soon as I reached 125 leadership. Unfortunately, Disciplinarian didn't work then, so I was stuck with 50 unpromotable Sea Raiders who ended up sitting around in one of my castles. Glad to hear it works now.

I don't think I'm going to play again until there's functional kingdom diplomacy and management. I know there are mods that allow you to do basic diplomacy actions, but it just doesn't feel right. The rest of the game is in a rough but playable state, but the lack of kingdom features really took the wind out of the sails for me.

AgentFransis

Cipher
Patron
Wtf, my Sturgian king needs to lay off the samogon. We were fighting the northern empire and then he declares war on both the other empires and the Battanians. Is there like a 'Sturgia is doing ok, activate retard mode' check in the AI somewhere?

Jrpgfan

Erudite
So, I've spent countless hours trying to unlock the higher tier two-handed axe blades with no success.

Any tips?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom